Code of Conduct

Default Best Batch of YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

If there is a short answer to this I'd appreciate it. I'm wanting to source an excellent performing batch for analysis.

Just try to find a bottle that has a batch code from previous 2014, the more older it is more performance you will get, at least in theory

Default Re: Best Batch of YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

I have vintage 2010 and first reformulation 2011. Both are great, but they are hard to find.

vintage have 4 digit batch code, reformulations have 6.

Vintage cost around $140 on ebay for 2.0 Oz

EDIT: easiest way for you is to go to a store and look at the last number on the ingredients list at the back. There is a number at the end of the ingredients.

8YB02-1 BEST
    8YB02-2 Still good

Avoid the rest. Don't get confused betweeen the 8YB02-2 (still good) and the 8YB02/2 (not good).
    Last edited by Schnitter; 25th December 2016 at 05:11 PM.

The color of the second bottle dont look good, never seen one with red juice

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoCunha View Post
    The color of the second bottle dont look good, never seen one with red juice
    2nd bottle is the vintage. 2009 and 2010 only. That is the quality juice. Vintage has wider atomizer, it has 3 embossed lines at the bottom, it has a hollow cap, and even the box is different... the ML/OZ are more towards the center of the box instead of on the edges.

I have never seen or smell one of those, must be really good in the performace, you are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post

I have vintage 2010 and first reformulation 2011. Both are great, but they are hard to find.

vintage have 4 digit batch code, reformulations have 6.

Vintage cost around $140 on ebay for 2.0 Oz

EDIT: easiest way for you is to go to a store and look at the last number on the ingredients list at the back. There is a number at the end of the ingredients.

8YB02-1 BEST
    8YB02-2 Still good

Avoid the rest. Don't get confused betweeen the 8YB02-2 (still good) and the 8YB02/2 (not good).
    PM Sent

4 digit batch code, wider spray neck, three ridges on the bottom of the bottle, batch sticker only has three lines of text, juice is slightly darker, cap is different.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoCunha View Post
    Just try to find a bottle that has a batch code from previous 2014, the more older it is more performance you will get, at least in theory
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

[QUOTE=Schnitter;4018359]2nd bottle is the vintage. 2009 and 2010 only. That is the quality juice. Vintage has wider atomizer, it has 3 embossed lines at the bottom, it has a hollow cap, and even the box is different... the ML/OZ are more towards the center of the box instead of on the edges.[/ image.jpg (100.4 KB)
    Last edited by tAnAnio; 18th December 2017 at 05:26 PM.

[QUOTE=tAnAnio;4156907]
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    2nd bottle is the vintage. 2009 and 2010 only. That is the quality juice. Vintage has wider atomizer, it has 3 embossed lines at the bottom, it has a hollow cap, and even the box is different... the ML/OZ are more towards the center of the box instead of on the edges.[/ image.jpg (100.4 KB)
    image.jpg (98.9 KB)
    image.jpg (99.3 KB)
    image.jpg (102.3 KB)
    Why the juice that i have is not as dark as the other 2009 batch?

did you buy this brand new???? sealed box?? cause that juice colour looks like from current batches which perform rubbish

yes its brand new sealed in a box, as i am searching on you tube i found out that most reviewers of la nuit de l'homme who published their review from 2009. 2010 have also the same juice that i have. just my thoughts,,
    Last edited by tAnAnio; 27th January 2018 at 10:18 AM.

Wondering if I should sell mine...I have a '9IBA' 100ml bottle (made in 09-2009), that is 80% full. I love the fragrance, but if you can get $300 to $400 on Ebay? I don't know.
    Last edited by leor_77; 8th February 2018 at 07:20 AM.

Dependent

Short answer from me, I've a small bottle of 2016 formulation and a larger bottle of one from early 2014. The earlier batch is sharper and lasts well (6 sprays = all day during work). The latter batch is far softer/more rounded and lasts marginally less. It doesn't have the atrocious longevity that some seem to suggest. That being said, it is softer and far harder to overspray.

If you find one from between 2009 to 2018 you should buy it, those are the best
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Baccarat Rouge 540
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Incense Oud / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Layton
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

I purchased La Nuit from Sephora recently and the box had a code of "8YB02-2" at the end of the ingredients list. I thought this was a 2011 batch. However the code on the bottom of the bottle is a 2015 code, 38M104. Would love to hear about this from any of the fragrance experts in here. Could it be that a 2015 bottle was placed in a 2011 box? Or am I not understanding these codes correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by LHOMME View Post
    I purchased La Nuit from Sephora recently and the box had a code of "8YB02-2" at the end of the ingredients list. I thought this was a 2011 batch. However the code on the bottom of the bottle is a 2015 code, 38M104. Would love to hear about this from any of the fragrance experts in here. Could it be that a 2015 bottle was placed in a 2011 box? Or am I not understanding these codes correctly?
    I don't think that the code at the end of the ingredients list is the batch code. If you bought it from Sephora which is a reputable source, the batch code should match the bottle. Doubt there would be a 2015 bottle in a 2011 box, since the boxes have also been redesigned with the several reformulations.

Double check the box for a code that matches the bottle maybe?
    Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page.

"It smells really good, it's not Aventus though."
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by LHOMME View Post
    No way in hell would Seph. have a vintage batch...Their turnover is too high...And generally, yes, the code on the bottom of the bottle is what really matters. You can always return it to them if you don't like the smell. I have a 2009 bottle, but I was actually surprised that I really liked the smell of La Nuit in Macy's when I tried it a few weeks ago.

there is no problem with your purchased, your batch code is 2015. the formula code "8YB02-2" is the 2nd formulation, i believe from 2011 til mid of 2015 thats why the formula code on the box is "8YB02-2".https://youtu.be/VxD-qb_isPg

vintage bottles
    IMG_0824.jpg

Thank you, very informative video!

Basenotes Junkie

Is it worth to buy La Nuit from 2013 batch? Got an offer for 100 EUR for 100 ml, almost full bottle.
    As far as I understood it was reformulated at that time and everyone is hyped about original release

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Is it worth to buy La Nuit from 2013 batch? Got an offer for 100 EUR for 100 ml, almost full bottle.
    As far as I understood it was reformulated at that time and everyone is hyped about original release
    The original formulation on the back of the box says:
    8YB02-1
    ...apparently this one is great, and everyone goes on about it

Then the first reformulation on the back of the box says:
    8YB02-2
    ...this one I own a bottle of this that I think is from 2014

Apparently there is also a reformulation that on the back of the box says:
    8YB02/2
    ...never seen one of these but is said to be crap!

The latest ones say:
    C167049/1
    ...so that includes things from 2016 and all the way up to the most recent ones
    ...I have a 2018 bottle like this

From my experience, if I believed what was read, the 8YB02-2 that I own should beat my 2018 bottle of C167049/1, but I must say there is very very little in it. Maybe performance wise the earlier one is slightly better, but the 2018 bottle is not that far off I don't think. Maaaaaybe they smell a touch different to each other, but it is not a lot that's for sure.

If you read around a lot of people say the C167049/1 when it came out was crap performance wise, but then you read people saying performance of 2018/2019 bottles is fine. I think that the performance of the new bottles is fine and I am going to guess you'd be buying 8YB02-2.

So, a new bottle can be fine too.

The ones to steer clear of are apparently the earlier bottles of C167049/1 and the 8YB02/2 (note the slash instead of a dash).

I wouldn't pay too much as a current brand new bottle seems alright to me. I don't know if any of that helps.

8YB02-1 is the one that's supposed to be fantastic, but you never find that going cheap nowadays, people can charge whatever they like for it, and do.

I know this might not help much as you don't mention whether the one you are looking at even has a box! But, you can easily cross reference this stuff with the years or use a batch lookup thing too (I'm sure I've seen that somewhere!).

Freed from BN Institution

The original formulation from 2009-10 is the best formulation to have.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    8YB02-1

8YB02-2

8YB02/2

The latest ones say:
    C167049/1

From my experience, if I believed what was read, the 8YB02-2 that I own should beat my 2018 bottle of C167049/1, but I must say there is very very little in it. Maybe performance wise the earlier one is slightly better, but the 2018 bottle is not that far off I don't think. Maaaaaybe they smell a touch different to each other, but it is not a lot that's for sure.

If you read around a lot of people say the C167049/1 when it came out was crap performance wise, but then you read people saying performance of 2018/2019 bottles is fine. I think that the performance of the new bottles is fine and I am going to guess you'd be buying 8YB02-2.

So, a new bottle can be fine too.

The ones to steer clear of are apparently the earlier bottles of C167049/1 and the 8YB02/2 (note the slash instead of a dash).

I wouldn't pay too much as a current brand new bottle seems alright to me. I don't know if any of that helps.

8YB02-1 is the one that's supposed to be fantastic, but you never find that going cheap nowadays, people can charge whatever they like for it, and do.

I know this might not help much as you don't mention whether the one you are looking at even has a box! But, you can easily cross reference this stuff with the years or use a batch lookup thing too (I'm sure I've seen that somewhere!).
    Thanks for the info!
    Just FYI I decided to pass on it since I have too many fragrances and if I'll need La Nuit I can always buy current version

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    8YB02-1

8YB02-2

8YB02/2

The latest ones say:
    C167049/1
    Between the 8YB02-2 and the C167049/1 there was the formulation B159390/2 during 2015.

I personally haven't seen a good 2016-2019 bottle of La Nuit or at least one, which holds up to the 2011 to mid 2015 ones.
    I wouldn't hunt down the overpriced 4 digit ones as they aren't much better than the 2011 to mid 2015 ones.
    And I would stay away from the first Edition Art (transparent bottle with the black stripes), as there was a really bad batch, which was very weak and muffled smelling (38KD01).
    The black ones are fine!

I have 2 2013 38KD01 edition art bottles and they perform just as well as my 2011 and 2012 bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota59 View Post
    I have 2 2013 38KD01 edition art bottles and they perform just as well as my 2011 and 2012 bottles
    I had 4 of those and they were really bad.

La Nuit Edition Art 1.jpg

La Nuit Edition Art 2.jpg

The first!