Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
o
    The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Missing from the directory

Darkoud by Hermetica (2019)

Edited by Furrypine to add: Thank you! I have submitted it to the directory thumbs-up-24.gif
    Last edited by furrypine; 23rd November 2019 at 10:14 AM.
    oh look, I have a signature

I added The Scent Absolute a few weeks back but still nothing new in the directory.

I added this one this morning and hope it will be added soon:

EDIT: It is Valentino Uomo Born in Roma

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    I added The Scent Absolute a few weeks back but still nothing new in the directory.

I added this one this morning and hope it will be added soon:

EDIT: It is Valentino Uomo Born in Roma
    Probably don't hold your breath. I submitted 5 new SIXTEEN92 scents 2 months ago, and they are still not added. I had to wait 6 months for the previous set of SIXTEEN92 scents that I submitted to get posted. I wish Grant could delegate this responsibility to the moderators. Having to do it all himself is so impractical. Especially because he is supposedly working to transition the entire site to a new user interface...which, by the way, I've heard nothing about in a long time. I wonder if it's really going to happen.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Blackmusk by Mad et Len

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Probably don't hold your breath. I submitted 5 new SIXTEEN92 scents 2 months ago, and they are still not added. I had to wait 6 months for the previous set of SIXTEEN92 scents that I submitted to get posted. I wish Grant could delegate this responsibility to the moderators. Having to do it all himself is so impractical. Especially because he is supposedly working to transition the entire site to a new user interface...which, by the way, I've heard nothing about in a long time. I wonder if it's really going to happen.
    Agreed, it's been bad lately and a detriment to the sight (other forum/review sites don't seem to have this issue), if I may be so dramatic. I have a 2014 frag (Rundholz Sept 21, 1966) that I submitted in January this year, still not added, but there are also multiple, newer 2019 & 2018 releases that I submitted and commented on here going back to June that still haven't made it. A minor inconvenience and a first-world issue to be sure, but at some point, shouldn't the process for a major function of this site be updated to benefit its users? I know it's always been a slow process which is kinda understandable, but my main point is that it's been especially bad lately. Any news or updates on when we can expect a change or at least an expedited flush of submitted styles to get them live?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Furrypine, I tried to add this one to the directory, but apparently I don't know what I am doing, could you please added yourself?

Tiziana-terenzi-spirito-fiorentino.jpg

Edited by Furrypine to add: Certainly! I have now submitted it to the directory thumbs-up-24.gif
    Last edited by furrypine; 23rd November 2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Agreed, it's been bad lately and a detriment to the sight (other forum/review sites don't seem to have this issue), if I may be so dramatic. I have a 2014 frag (Rundholz Sept 21, 1966) that I submitted in January this year, still not added, but there are also multiple, newer 2019 & 2018 releases that I submitted and commented on here going back to June that still haven't made it. A minor inconvenience and a first-world issue to be sure, but at some point, shouldn't the process for a major function of this site be updated to benefit its users? I know it's always been a slow process which is kinda understandable, but my main point is that it's been especially bad lately. Any news or updates on when we can expect a change or at least an expedited flush of submitted styles to get them live?
    I agree with you, and I also wish Grant would update us on his global progress. I haven't seen a post from him in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

That makes me sad to read. It is important to have that function working, otherwise the whole SOTD function will fall. A delegation seems to be necessary, as you pointed out, and I don't see that as a difficult thing to work out.

Community Manager

The current system is not really set up for multiple users to approve and publish to the directory. That will change with the updated site that Grant is working on. And yes, a new site is coming The problem is that Grant only has one set of hands and has to split his time between maintaining the current site and coding the new one. Next year Basenotes will be 20 years old and we will celebrate that by upgrading to a sleek and fun new site. We are in the last transitional months now, so I am going to ask you to have some patience while the final push is happening backstage.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    The current system is not really set up for multiple users to approve and publish to the directory. That will change with the updated site that Grant is working on. And yes, a new site is coming The problem is that Grant only has one set of hands and has to split his time between maintaining the current site and coding the new one. Next year Basenotes will be 20 years old and we will celebrate that by upgrading to a sleek and fun new site. We are in the last transitional months now, so I am going to ask you to have some patience while the final push is happening backstage.
    Thanks for the update. I think it would help us all if Grant would post an update on his progress occasionally so that we aren't in the dark.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    By the way, can you let Grant know that it appears Tapatalk is going to be broken until he updates the SSL CERTIFICATE and makes Basenotes a secure site? Thanks.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Dependent

Furrypine, I tried to add this one to the directory, but apparently I don't know what I am doing, could you please added yourself?

Tiziana-terenzi-spirito-fiorentino.jpg

Edited by Furrypine to add: Certainly! I have now submitted it to the directory thumbs-up-24.gif
    Interesting, I just checked and still it's not in the directory, does it take time to show up?

Interesting, I just checked and still it's not in the directory, does it take time to show up?
    Techt - Furrypine did you a favor and submitted it in the form. But Grant himself, the owner and developer of the website, is the only one who can actually add fragrances to the site. It is a constant frustration that because he is busy it may take many months, if ever, for something to be added to the library.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Community Manager

By the way, can you let Grant know that it appears Tapatalk is going to be broken until he updates the SSL CERTIFICATE and makes Basenotes a secure site? Thanks.
    He is aware of the problem and it's on his to-do list.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

Can someone please add this? Tnx!

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...oli-55688.html

I'm sure at least one person has done this already, but just to be safe I submitted the new Tauer, Les Années 25 Bis.

flaconheroshotla25biswebshop.jpg
    Currently wearing: Ella by Arquiste

Basenotes Plus

EO No. 2 by Ensar Oud

eon02.jpg

Bourbon EdC by Hendley

bourbon_edc_.jpg
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Eternity for Men Eau de Parfum (2019) still needs to be added.
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Can someone add CK Eternity for Men EDP (2019.), please ?

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...fum-56669.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Eternity for Men Eau de Parfum (2019) still needs to be added.
    I requested this already. It's pending and in process. It takes quite a while lately

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22