Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Blog Entries

Default Re: Missing from the directory

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    This is great furrypine, thanks!

Please will you add Black Orchid Voile de Fleur by Tom Ford?

http://www.nstperfume.com/2007/09/05...erfume-review/

Edited to add:
    Added to the directory, waiting for approval Attachment 60447
    After four months l'm still waiting for this one to appear. Forgive my disillusionment, but l wouldn't hold your breath, guys.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Junkie

Please add

Rasasi Oudh At Boruzz Asrar Indonesia

http://www.boruzz.com

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    6 weeks?....
    It's going to take a lot longer. Please remind me if it's not published by the end of 2018.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

I completely understand that it is a lot of work for so little people to keep up with all the releases, but, for such an important perfume site, BN is a lot behind the other big fragrance sites regarding fragrance database and speed of new releases showing up on the site.

Would it be possible to create some form of adding fragrances to the directory in which members might do it by themselves? I know it exists allready, but waiting for approval after you fill the form still takes too long. I was thinking more of a direct submission after you fill all recquired fields (of course title, perfumer, notes, photo upload etc. should be mandatory fields so that it all looks presentable and any additional info might be optional) and allow it only to trusted members and regular posters after certain number of posts?
    Maybe a direct link for submission on the webpage and an Edit button in case some mistakes happen or someone else would want to add more info.

I assume this might lift some weight off Grant's and moderators' shoulders and would speed up the whole adding to the directory process.
    I know this also raises issues of accuracy and checking things up before they actually show up on the site, but I think trusted members would be careful and check all the info before they would submit fragrances.

This is just an idea and I would love to hear some thoughts about it, but I really think some thought shoud be put into it because it is important to keep BN up to date.
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...
    Currently wearing: Beyond Love by By Kilian

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    I completely understand that it is a lot of work for so little people to keep up with all the releases, but, for such an important perfume site, BN is a lot behind the other big fragrance sites regarding fragrance database and speed of new releases showing up on the site.

Would it be possible to create some form of adding fragrances to the directory in which members might do it by themselves? I know it exists allready, but waiting for approval after you fill the form still takes too long. I was thinking more of a direct submission after you fill all recquired fields (of course title, perfumer, notes, photo upload etc. should be mandatory fields so that it all looks presentable and any additional info might be optional) and allow it only to trusted members and regular posters after certain number of posts?
    Maybe a direct link for submission on the webpage and an Edit button in case some mistakes happen or someone else would want to add more info.

I assume this might lift some weight off Grant's and moderators' shoulders and would speed up the whole adding to the directory process.
    I know this also raises issues of accuracy and checking things up before they actually show up on the site, but I think trusted members would be careful and check all the info before they would submit fragrances.

This is just an idea and I would love to hear some thoughts about it, but I really think some thought shoud be put into it because it is important to keep BN up to date.
    I agree with all of that. There should be really some kind of users' involvement in this, so that the staff just has to check the entries.
    Also because I don't understand the criteria involved with the prioritization of the entries - I see completely obscure stuff being added weekly while popular fragrances like Carven Le Vetiver or Divine's new masculine scent from mid-2016 still aren't there.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    It's going to take a lot longer. Please remind me if it's not published by the end of 2018.
    l'd assume you're joking, except there's no smiley in your post...

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post

Excellent post V, l completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    I agree with all of that. There should be really some kind of users' involvement in this, so that the staff just has to check the entries.
    Also because I don't understand the criteria involved with the prioritization of the entries - I see completely obscure stuff being added weekly while popular fragrances like Carven Le Vetiver or Divine's new masculine scent from mid-2016 still aren't there.
    Very good point, Colin!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    l'd assume you're joking, except there's no smiley in your post...
    I assume not. It's been years already for that particular request. What's a couple more?

Boss Bottled Intense eau de parfum as well, for some reason, still not in the directory albeit myself and, was it member furrypine?, added it...well tried to add it.
    https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...fum-40468.html

HI, please add Mugler Over the Musk http://www.muglerusa.com/les-excepti...011001004.html

Quote Originally Posted by Civil to strangers View Post
    HI, please add Mugler Over the Musk http://www.muglerusa.com/les-excepti...011001004.html
    Or even just the whole Les Exceptions line (I think only three of the eight have ever been listed.)

Thanks, Judith. Does this mean you're going to add it now? lt has been nearly four months....
    Hi Teardrop,

I didn't add it as I don't have access to the queue of unpublished fragrances (unless it's one I've personally added) and I was hoping to avoid any duplicates being published which might happen if I also added it for you myself, as it's more complicated to delete a fragrance (as duplicates generally need to be merged for the sake of wardrobes/reviews, unless it's done immediately they appear). Sorry this all sounds a bit complicated!

I've mentioned this issue to Grant, as we have an automatic order for publication, but he may be able to look for this fragrance specifically for you to get it done.
    Last edited by Judith Brockless; 16th May 2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Currently wearing: Mandom by Mandom

I'll add some of these - as I said earlier, e-mail support@basenotes.net if you would like to get something published and wish to avoid the queue.

Blog Entries

Ok Judith, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCR View Post
    Please add

Rasasi Oudh At Boruzz Asrar Indonesia

http://www.boruzz.com
    Should be online for you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    Or even just the whole Les Exceptions line (I think only three of the eight have ever been listed.)
    Should appear on the directory tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Can we also post about faulty fragrance directory entries here? I don't see any clear mechanism on the site for this purpose.

Jovoy Rouge Assassin. Fault -- incorrect spelling. Entry has "Assasin". An "S" is missing.

Edited by Furrypine to add: Attachment 64089 Yes, you can post corrections here. I've notified Grant and he will change the name.

I can edit any mistakes - please feel free to send an e-mail to support@basenotes.net if you spot typos/erros, I can pick them up there and then they won't get lost on a long thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Brockless View Post
    Should appear on the directory tomorrow.
    Thank you ��

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Only 2 of the 6 Perris Monte Carlo Extraits are in the directory (Santal du Pacifique & Absolue d'Osmanthe). Missing are:

Rose de Taif Extrait
    Ylang Ylang Nosy Be Extrait
    Patchouli Nosy Be Extrait
    Oud Imperial Extrait

I believe they are all 2016 releases, maybe 2015.

The newest Bruno Fazzolari, Feu Secret is still not showing up. In the queue perhaps? A 2017 release.

The newest from Providence Perfume Co. Heart of Darkness is missing. 2016 or 2017 I believe.

Also, Neil Morris Tea House is missing. It's no longer on his website, details are few. Not hopeful but thought I'd mention it.

And while I'm here, why not nitpick? Few Typos:

1) Baruti Berlin im Winter currently has "Im" capitalized, but according to the company it is not.

2) Also, a 2016 Tom Ford, Vert des Bois is currently in as "Vert de Bois".

Edited by Fyrrypine to add: I have registered all of the above, except Feu Secret, which is already in the directly. I will let Grant know about the typos. Attachment 66193

Typos fixed - JB.
    Many thanks furrypine & Judith!

User of Toilet Water

I submitted Tom Ford's Sole di Positano (2017) and Vert de Fleur ​(2016) a couple of days ago. Really surprised they were missing.

EDIT: I see they've now been added. Thanks!
    Last edited by Bangkok Hound; 17th May 2017 at 04:11 AM.

The fairly new limited edition from Andy:

Hyacinth and a Mechanic - Tauerville

I'll see if I can find into for the sheet.

User of Toilet Water

The fairly new limited edition from Andy:

Hyacinth and a Mechanic - Tauerville

I'll see if I can find into for the sheet.
    There are two others of these limited editions: He Left His Cologne in My Bedroom and When We Cuddle and I Can Still Smell Your Perfume on My Clothes.

Okay here's the issue that's been occurring.

When I approve the fragrances, new launches get slightly more priority, so anything <2017 takes longer to turn up.

I've adjusted the way it works now so that anything from the Top 50 popular houses (such as Tom Ford!) will also get equal priority so that this means older launches from popular brands that I've missed will likely turn up sooner.

I'm having a directory bash today so hopefully some of these should show up

Sorry everyone

Blog Entries

Thanks Grant, hope you're keeping well!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

When I approve the fragrances, new launches get slightly more priority, so anything <2017 takes longer to turn up.

I've adjusted the way it works now so that anything from the Top 50 popular houses (such as Tom Ford!) will also get equal priority so that this means older launches from popular brands that I've missed will likely turn up sooner.

Sorry everyone
    Thanks, Grant.

If it's not going to be too much trouble, would you be able to take a look at the Tapatalk issue we are experiencing for a while now? I am guessing it should be a matter of bouncing the Tapatalk service on the site, but I oculd be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

Sorry everyone
    Thanks Grant, appreciate the update.

And the long-awaited Le Vetiver - Carven is now up!!!

Basenotes Plus

Thanks Grant, appreciate the update.

And the long-awaited Le Vetiver - Carven is now up!!!

Blog Entries

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is up, too!

Paco Rabanne Invictus Intense not in the directory!

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...nse-42891.html

Edited by Furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gif Got it! It's in queue to be approved.
    Last edited by furrypine; 30th May 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I received three samples of perfumes by this firm Paglieri 1876.

This whole line is missing.

Edited by furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gif Line and perfumes added.
    Last edited by furrypine; 18th June 2017 at 07:41 PM.
    a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Sycomore Eau de Parfum (Chanel)

It is a different fragrance than the EDT. Fragrantica has had it up on their site for months.

Edited by furrypine to add: thumbs-up-24.gif The EdP has been added.
    Last edited by furrypine; 18th June 2017 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast