Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Smelled on the Street

Yesterday, I got back from a much-needed vacation to Orlando. I didn't go to Disney (just Universal and SeaWorld), so you can rule out the smells of the Guerlain Epcot boutique.

However, I smelled three fragrances at Universal more than any other: Fierce, Mont Blanc Legend, and Sauvage. It was like no other men's fragrances even existed for one to try (well, with the exception of the occasional whiff of Aventus).

SeaWorld? Not much, but the penguin exhibit smelled very animalic. For comparison, my SOTD Leather Oud is not fecal. The penguins at SeaWorld were.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Using trains and the Tube in London, or walking down the streets in busy times I've noticed a lot of familiar scents.

In recent months the ones I have smelt repeatedly are Terre D'Hermes, Bleu de Chanel and Green Irish Tweed.

Today in the Physical Therapy waiting room: Donna Karan Cashmere Mist
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Got a whiff of Sauvage - yet again - while out shopping earlier
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

I was standing on the train this morning and I could've sworn I smelled Etat Libre d'Orange: Like This wafting through the air.

Dependent

Rushing in and out of the mall across the street from my office - Creed Royal Oud. Looked for source, couldn't figure it out.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Javadhu Attar (I guess) while travelling in a bus

Got caught behind someone who very liberally applied Le Labo: Santal 33 today.

someone had Aventus on in the grocery store last week. I couldn't tell who it was.... or which aisle they were projecting from.

Most of the times, I am not able to recognize what someone else is wearing, but I smelled Alien and Terre D Hermes on the street the other day and 1 Million while I was at a bar.

Smelled a nice one yesterday evening. Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui. It gets criticized for being harsh, but it smells good once the top notes move on.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Had brunch at diner and sat at bar seating area. Guy next to us wearing le male. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by williamroe View Post
    someone had Aventus on in the grocery store last week. I couldn't tell who it was.... or which aisle they were projecting from.
    Fresh fruits aisle, perhaps? With overripe pineapples...
    Currently wearing: Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff

One Million, Terre d'Hermes and Eau Sauvage on men.
    La Vie est Belle and Anais Anais on women.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

At the gym:

In the locker room at the before my lift, Aventus by Creed.

During my run on the track, Mahogany Woods by Bath & Body Works. Felt like I was fighting my way through mollassess every time I passed him. Now I understand why light fragrances are more appreciated in the gym setting. Nonetheless, a great fragrance.
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Not on the street, but today I asked a co-worker if she was wearing J'Adore. Turns out it was Miss Dior (!). Not sure how I could have confused the two.

Le Labo: Santal 33 again!!! Holy cow is this a popular one in NYC! I'm also sitting beside someone on the train right now that bathed in Dior: Sauvage. It's literally gagging me.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Not on the street, but today I asked a co-worker if she was wearing J'Adore. Turns out it was Miss Dior (!). Not sure how I could have confused the two.
    Perhaps it was the 'new' Miss Dior (or one of the other imposters that borrowed the name for a period).

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Perhaps it was the 'new' Miss Dior (or one of the other imposters that borrowed the name for a period).
    Quite possibly. That's the story I'm going with, at least

Always be smelling

On Manhattan streets behind 3 young hipsters I get wafts of soapy floral. Is it boucheron PH? Or some Le Labo monstrosity. Not sure so I take another whiff and BAM - strong Vintage Kouros. Wait what !!! How did I miss that
    And then I see a homeless guy there.
    This hipster soapy floral mixed with the other smell became Kouros. I take a whiff again and it is gone. But I think I know what Pierre was going for when he did Kouros.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Brut liberally applied at the little league baseball park last weekend
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

I recently had lunch with someone wearing Eau Sauvage--I didn't ask because I don't really know him too well, but it was clearly that and made me remember how great it is and now, of course, I will get a bottle. I wore it for years and need to again. It is sad but for me, that is just too personal a question to ask another man (this was a business lunch, after all) and I really should get over it. This morning in the locker room at my gym I saw a bottle of Creed's Original Vetiver in a guy's open gym bag but I was gone before he put some on.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

I interviewed someone today wearing Mancera: Cedrat Bois (I had to ask him what he was wearing) and now I just got caught behind someone on the street wearing Christian Dior: Poison.

This thread makes me realize just how much of a fragrance black hole Colorado is. You guys in NY and other east coast cities (and LA, and abroad) actually smell people wearing nice scents in the street. That is just wild to me.

When I smell someone out and about with a scent strong enough to clearly pick up, I'm usually so shocked and taken aback that I forget to ID it.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 13th April 2017 at 07:41 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

This morning on the train Polo: Double Black. I feel bad for whoever gets a whiff of me today. I'm giving Perris Monte Carlo: Oud Imperial a full wear from a sample and I'm really not enjoying it. Has a cloying metallic note that's very off putting.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hat and Beard View Post
    This morning on the train Polo: Double Black. I feel bad for whoever gets a whiff of me today. I'm giving Perris Monte Carlo: Oud Imperial a full wear from a sample and I'm really not enjoying it. Has a cloying metallic note that's very off putting.
    Did you get any mango notes from double black?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Did you get any mango notes from double black?
    I only pick up on it slightly. Used to have a bottle of this and the mango note was never very pronounced to me.

Recently that I can recall:

Terre d'Hermes (several times, this is now too popular and too easily recognizable)
    Bleu de Chanel
    Dior Sauvage
    1 Million

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    On Manhattan streets behind 3 young hipsters I get wafts of soapy floral. Is it boucheron PH? Or some Le Labo monstrosity. Not sure so I take another whiff and BAM - strong Vintage Kouros. Wait what !!! How did I miss that
    And then I see a homeless guy there.
    This hipster soapy floral mixed with the other smell became Kouros. I take a whiff again and it is gone. But I think I know what Pierre was going for when he did Kouros.
    Lord have mercy.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    This thread makes me realize just how much of a fragrance black hole Colorado is. You guys in NY and other east coast cities (and LA, and abroad) actually smell people wearing nice scents in the street. That is just wild to me.
    I rarely smell anything near me in S. NE, but then I am rarely "on the street" other than the grocery store and at work. However, the one exception is a local university where I work part-time. I smell many a perfumed undergraduate woman around campus, often candy-sweet and not something I'm curious enough to inquire about. I just assume, perhps unfairly, that it is B&BW or VS, although some of them are nice enough. Occasionally guys are scented, but far less so.

Yesterday though, I smelled something unusually appealing on a female PhD student I'm working with so I asked - much to my surprise, she was wearing La Nuit de L'Homme. She said it was a gift to an ex-BF but they split up before she gave it to him so she wears it now, and I quote her verbatim "I think it smells more like women's perfume anyway, but he had specifically asked for it." I will admit that I have repeatedly called it a boring and mundane fragrance, but she smelled great in it. I went home and smelled the sample I have and while I do still think it's boring, I can't deny that I think it smells pleasant.

Could have been a situational thing. It wasn't the usual fare that I'm used to, so by virtue of being different, perhaps it held greater appeal.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast