Code of Conduct

Default Elizabeth Arden - Arden For Men - After Shave Lotion / Eau de Cologne

I just purchased a half-full bottle of "Elizabeth Arden - Arden for Men - After Shave Lotion" off ebay here in the UK, and was struggling to find any info directly relating to it on here, so I started to do some digging and googling. I found this advert, which featured on page 2 of the New York Times on May 21st 1962, which gives us a clue as to production dates, and seems to clear things up in relation to the different versions of After Shave Lotion and Eau de Cologne.

Has anyone else tried either of these? I was rather pleasantly surprised upon opening my ebay package this morning - the After Shave Lotion is a proper, classic cologne type fragrance, with notes very similar to those listed here on Basenotes for the "Arden Men - Eau de Cologne Tradition", lavender and rose in the heart, tonka and musk in the base, after a traditionally citrussy opening.

I'm guessing the Eau de Cologne is a slightly stronger version of my After Shave Lotion, which itself has pretty decent sillage and longevity.

Incredible quality and a well balanced fragrance, especially for 4.50 including postage and packaging
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NonScents; 13th February 2017 at 12:25 PM.
    "Plastic people look the same" - Ray Davies