Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default does anybody know a fragrance that smells exactly like burberry london?

if not really really similar

Default Re: does anybody know a fragrance that smells exactly like burberry london?

Read that one of the Cuba ones do

Default Re: does anybody know a fragrance that smells exactly like burberry london?

There may be one put out by a company like Dorall Collection that is quite close. From what I can remember, Cadillac Extreme was fairly close. Many apparently think that Architect by Oriflame is very close but I haven't tried that one.

You looking for something cheaper or better performing? Or just something similar to wear when you don't feel like wearing London itself?

...only a deo:

Architect by Oriflame is the closest that I've smelled.

Why do you need something exactly like it? (as Burberry London is already very cheap).
    Just buy another BL bottle I'd say........
    Last edited by Slayerized; 16th February 2017 at 10:09 AM.
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Why do you need something exactly like it? (as Burberry London is already very cheap).
    Just buy another BL bottle I'd say........
    i know i just like it that much that if it gets reformulated and no longer smells as nice to me i want an alternative to fall back on

Quote Originally Posted by magicperson View Post
    i know i just like it that much that if it gets reformulated and no longer smells as nice to me i want an alternative to fall back on
    Solution: stock up now and buy some back ups........

- Knize Ten

This ^^^ is the answer.

And now I'll throw out a suggestion... Now before I state what you should try, no this fragrance doesn't smell just like London. Nothing really does. And others will say this smells like Safari and Polo Crest, or something in between. But... I think you should try vintage Chevignon. It has a weight and feel to it similar to London. I think you'd like it and it will give you something different to wear.

But if you're madly in love with London, then Slay has nailed the solution. Get London. Nothing else will really do exactly what it does.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    This ^^^ is the answer.

And now I'll throw out a suggestion... Now before I state what you should try, no this fragrance doesn't smell just like London. Nothing really does. And others will say this smells like Safari and Polo Crest, or something in between. But... I think you should try vintage Chevignon. It has a weight and feel to it similar to London. I think you'd like it and it will give you something different to wear.
    Indeed not similar to BL (more to Polo Crest for that matter, being also less sweet, more masculine and 3x stronger than BL imo) but I 100% agree that Chevignon is one of the best buys quality to price wise as the 100ml sells (here at least) for less than €30! I am on my second bottle already of it and really love Chevignon!

- Knize Ten

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Nope. It's pretty unique.
    Agree with this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Many apparently think that Architect by Oriflame is very close but I haven't tried that one.
    ...34 persons think this (Fragrantica)...so it might not be so unique as some think...!

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...34 persons think this (Fragrantica)...so it might not be so unique as some think...!
    126 persons there think Cool Water is close to Green Irish Tweed. However, if you wear them both you'll see how huge the difference is.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    126 persons there think Cool Water is close to Green Irish Tweed. However, if you wear them both you'll see how huge the difference is.
    Those ''similar to'' votes are (especially recently) constantly altered by people trying to be ''funny''..........(same with the rating on fragrances not being released yet, having already dozens and dozens of votes eg. YSL L'Homme Electrique with hardly any review)
    Last edited by Slayerized; 16th February 2017 at 12:39 PM.

- Knize Ten

Perhaps for the tobacco hints minus the boozy notes, (re-) testing Bogart pour Homme, Al Haramain Mystique EDP and CK One Shock could be worth it- while not 100% identical and somewhat only covering/rendering a faint, minimal resemblance to Burberry London, its sweeter, more gourmand and spicier aspects are still partly similar

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    ...and 265 persons think Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf is close to Aventus...and they are all right...!

Nope, trust me, there's nothing out there, except Burberry London Special Edition which smells like a lighter version of it.

Varvatos Vintage has kind of the same Port wine type of smell, as well as tobacco, but it's a completely different fragrance, but still probably the closest to it, in smell.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Well, I think Burberry London smells EXACTLY like Burberry London.

You are looking for a replacement for a scent that hasn't even been discontinued or reformulated, and can be found very for dirt cheap just about everywhere.

I always say: If you like something, buy it. If you love it, buy 2.

In your case, if you are the least bit worried, pull out a $100 bill and buy 4 of them. Problem solved. Why waste the effort looking into stuff that some people think may smell about the same if you already know what you like, and it's only $24, and available everywhere?

When possible, avoid a problem instead of planning on how to deal with it.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

For everyone saying it's unique and nothing smells like it, have you tried Oriflame Architect? It's extremely close to Burberry London.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    If I remember correctly, Oriflame for some reason gets their fragrances voted to similar comparisons of popular fragrances. It almost felt like a scam at one point like they got an army to do this for them. It wasn't Burberry London but it was a couple of very popular Creed's if I remember correctly and now neither one shows up as similar. If you've smelled Architech and it actually does smell similar then I'll take back the statement but I have stayed completely away from this company during what I would consider a "clone scam."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I agree that Burberry London has a rather unique smell to it. That's rare in the designer game, especially since this seems to be quite popular and has been on the market for a long time. I agree that John Varvatos Vintage is in the same ballpark, but different enough that it isn't a redundant purchase. I recently tested a fragrance from West Third Brand called Voyage d'Tabac that was a bit like London. However, it didn't have the port wine note. It was more cigar/pipe tobacco with a hint of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    If I remember correctly, Oriflame for some reason gets their fragrances voted to similar comparisons of popular fragrances. It almost felt like a scam at one point like they got an army to do this for them. It wasn't Burberry London but it was a couple of very popular Creed's if I remember correctly and now neither one shows up as similar. If you've smelled Architech and it actually does smell similar then I'll take back the statement but I have stayed completely away from this company during what I would consider a "clone scam."
    I own Architect and London. Yes, they're similar. No, it isn't a scam.

Those ''similar to'' votes are (especially recently) constantly altered by people trying to be ''funny''..........(same with the rating on fragrances not being released yet, having already dozens and dozens of votes eg. YSL L'Homme Electrique with hardly any review)

Creed Viking:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...ing-41698.html

Perfume rating: 2.32 out of 5 with 45 votes.

9 people say this is similar to Grey Flannel, 9 to Lord of Goathorn, 9 to Z-14 and 7 to Polo Green.........

I see many people as well as the Fragrantica staff take their site very seriously nowadays......

- Knize Ten

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Architect by Oriflame is the closest that I've smelled.
    Need to check that one out.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't think London's drydown is all that unique, unless one is talking about an exact match. 1994's Ignis and 1995 L'Uomo by Trussardi are quite close in the drydown, for example. There was a recent "super cheapo" with a similar drydown, but I can't remember it (knock off of Hummer's bottle design and name, if you can believe it LOL). Of course, as some have said, why look for a similar scent when the one you want isn't expensive? Therefore, I assumed the OP was interested in something similar for variety.

Yea! Always a solid Idea.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Hate to burst your bubble OP but Burberry London has already been definitively reformulated; oakmoss hasn't been listed in the ingredients for years and IMO it played a big role in this fragrance. Older bottles will have oakmoss in the ingredients.
    Currently wearing: Halston Z-14 by Halston

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble OP but Burberry London has already been definitively reformulated; oakmoss hasn't been listed in the ingredients for years and IMO it played a big role in this fragrance. Older bottles will have oakmoss in the ingredients.
    but how recent has it been reformed? i only bought the bottle and really liked it a max of 4 months ago