Code of Conduct

Default Midnight in Paris EDT- Selling out and going up in price

Hey Everyone,

Just as a heads up, I have noticed that fragrancenet has sold out of MiP EDT, and that prices are going up on Amazon and Notino. I'm a big fan of the fragrance, so if anyone else here is as well, you may want to buy another while you can. Hopefully I'm wrong and companies will restock

Default Re: Midnight in Paris EDT- Selling out and going up in price

You might be right! I actually searched ebay a couple weeks ago and the EdT prices were much lower. Perhaps the years old (and continual) claim that it has been discontinued is correct (finally). The train is leaving the station... LOL.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Happen to currently have a large full bottle so as of now I'm content.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Backed this one up a few months ago. Great fragrance and bottle.

Have DHI and DHP, is this redundant? Never smelled it

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad-a View Post
    Not redundant at all, IMO.
    Basenotes sales: Rare Tiffany for Men Concentree, TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

No, but could be if you own Bvlgari Black.

Time to stock up on my signature scent I guess...
    There isn't anything better than smelling good and being complimented on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Have a full bottle so I'm good.

I bought 2 backup bottles of it 2 weeks ago and they are safely tucked away in my closet. I am considering adding one more just out of sheer paranoia.

I bought an EDT after looking forever for an EDP... I finally managed to get one EDP and now EDP is all I want to buy, but they seem to not exist anymore.

There is a powder element to Midnight in Paris, but also leather and a bit of spice at the core and the spicy part is more identifiable when the fragrance reaches the drydown stage. The powder note tends to fade over a period of hours revealing more of the notes this was made with. It's a masterfully blended powder-based fragrance and IMO, better than DHI, better than the suffocating-powder-aura's from Creed Santal, Amouage Reflection Man & YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. (Although, I can tolerate the powder in YSL's La Nuit de L'Homme.) Midnight in Paris just "does it right" in my opinion and smells more like the $300 fragrance in this range of scent than Creed's or Amouage's offerings that just use brute force on the Iris note to the point of overwhelming proportions. Midnight in Paris to me seems reserved and carefully blended and I cannot believe any fragrance of this quality is sitting at this price, and on top of that 'discontinued'. The price and the fact that it's no longer made are, IMO, tragedies. This one deserved MUCH better community praise and support. It's one of the very best in its scent-genre.

Just snagged myself a backup for a good price as I only have one 40ml bottle. I wonder if this is where the scarcity and hiked prices finally start to become apparent. It's always hard to tell when something is phased out so slowly. It'll be interesting to see where the prices go in the next 12 months (I'm not buying just to flip though - I can't stand those guys ).

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    No, but could be if you own Bvlgari Black.
    Good call. Those who eventually struggle to buy Midnight in Paris (for a reasonable price) could be served well by the Bulgari instead. They're not miles apart and Black is a nice, good value scent (with a decent, sturdy bottle).

This one has been in its death throes for eons it seems as there has been discontinuation talk almost as long as there have been threads on it. Great bottle, if only the juice was up to the same level.

I hope not I used almost half my bottle already it is 85$ fragrance that is sold at minimum prices though