Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Boucheron Homme question

I just ordered the modern edp and was hoping to get some thoughts as well. Hope it wasn't killed by reformulation

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    I just ordered the modern edp and was hoping to get some thoughts as well. Hope it wasn't killed by reformulation

From a personal viewpoint alone (and thus, although this reply being in all honesty,with no pretense of absolute accuracy),the EDP is still both complex and very well performing even in its current formulation, even better, practically indistinguishable from any earlier formulation (s). Again from a personal viewpoint alone, getting the EDP can be a quite rewarding choice and quite inexpensive as well.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 6th May 2017 at 08:27 PM.

Hello Gents ..
    I recently purchàsed a large EDP .
    Is there a definative way to distinguish recent from vintage ?
    Cheers

" Wanted " empty bottle of Macassar
    Currently wearing: MCM Success by MCM

The vintage flacons look like this (the lettering is important, emblem above Boucheron):

Currently wearing: Aoud Leather by Montale

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hello Gents ..
    I recently purchàsed a large EDP .
    Is there a definative way to distinguish recent from vintage ?
    Cheers
    I think frosted glass is vintage indicator.
    Easyfish's 1st pic is vintage and I think second is current.
    Last edited by epapsiou; 7th May 2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    I think frosted glass is vintage indicator.
    Easyfish's 1st pic is vintage and I think second is current.
    The EDT (2nd pic) is also vintage; as I said, the lettering indicates the first formulation.
    Currently wearing: Aoud Leather by Montale

Good thread....for someone who has never smelled this or its cousin -- Jaipur Homme....I would be interested in knowing if the current version -- EDT or EDP is worthy of its past laurels.....as the disaster of owning a current version of d&g pour Homme gave me this learning that one cannot and should not rely on past glory for the purchase decision ....the perfume ( the current d&g pour Homme ) was utterly disappointing not only in smell but in performance too and that I realised AFTER buying the current juice hoping that it's atleast 50% of what my vintages are but alas !
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    Good thread....for someone who has never smelled this or its cousin -- Jaipur Homme....I would be interested in knowing if the current version -- EDT or EDP is worthy of its past laurels.....as the disaster of owning a current version of d&g pour Homme gave me this learning that one cannot and should not rely on past glory for the purchase decision ....the perfume ( the current d&g pour Homme ) was utterly disappointing not only in smell but in performance too and that I realised AFTER buying the current juice hoping that it's atleast 50% of what my vintages are but alas !
    The reformulated Boucheron PH offerings (EDP and EDT) maintain their identity infinitely better than the U.K./current release of D&G PH. The vintage offerings of both Boucheron PH and Jaipur are "richer" and more articulate, if that makes sense. With that said, the current versions of both fragrances didn't suffer decimation when reformulated by Inter Parfums.

Bear in mind that Boucheron PH (EDP and EDT as well as current/vintage) is a "fusty" fragrance. It's by no means casual and has an "old world" feel to it. I enjoy this fragrance, but find that I only reach for it when my attire coincides with the air of this fragrance. I find that the EDP wears better on a cooler spring days while the EDT is better when the weather warms up.

Jaipur is wonderful, but not for everyone. I find it to be a wonderful cool weather fragrance, but it's inherent "powderiness" sits well with some but not so much for others. I prefer the vintage EDT because the heliotrope really "pops" and gives this fragrance and "airiness," and doesn't feel as inherently dense as the EDP. My preferred wearing is 1 spray of the EDP to my chest and 1 spray of the EDT to my neck and crook of my elbow.

So are these fragrances worth seeking out? Tough to say, but I can say that they while both are excellent in both EDT and EDP concentrations, the concentration sought is going to be dictated by what one is looking for. The EDP concentrations of both are more formal and dense while the EDTs are more versatile given the inherently lighter texture(s).
    Last edited by checkmate; 7th May 2017 at 03:24 PM.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    The reformulated Boucheron PH offerings (EDP and EDT) maintain their identity infinitely better than the U.K./current release of D&G PH. The vintage offerings of both Boucheron PH and Jaipur are "richer" and more articulate, if that makes sense. With that said, the current versions of both fragrances didn't suffer decimation when reformulated by Inter Parfums.

Bear in mind that Boucheron PH (EDP and EDT as well as current/vintage) is a "fusty" fragrance. It's by no means casual and has an "old world" feel to it. I enjoy this fragrance, but find that I only reach for it when my attire coincides with the air of this fragrance. I find that the EDP wears better on a cooler spring days while the EDT is better when the weather warms up.

Jaipur is wonderful, but not for everyone. I find it to be a wonderful cool weather fragrance, but it's inherent "powderiness" sits well with some but not so much for others. I prefer the vintage EDT because the heliotrope really "pops" and gives this fragrance and "airiness," and doesn't feel as inherently dense as the EDP. My preferred wearing is 1 spray of the EDP to my chest and 1 spray of the EDT to my neck and crook of my elbow.

So are these fragrances worth seeking out? Tough to say, but I can say that they while both are excellent in both EDT and EDP concentrations, the concentration sought is going to be dictated by what one is looking for. The EDP concentrations of both are more formal and dense while the EDTs are more versatile given the inherently lighter texture(s).
    Hmmmm....thanks for your detailed explanation ....does make lot of sense ! Will see when I am able to smell this....would be on the lookout .
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

thanks easyfish .....

I just looked at my large EDP , it has no emblem on the front of the bottle at all ....So I presume it is a current formula .

*** So is the key identifier on both EDP or EDT > The Emblem on the bottle ?

" Wanted " empty bottle of Macassar
    Currently wearing: MCM Success by MCM

Always be smelling

Look for the maker of fragrance. Things took turn for the worse when interparfum started making them.
    There was an overlap period when interparfum did not change formula but best to avoid it.
    Look at bottom of bottle for it
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Poppinj View Post
    Hello!

I've been wearing Boucheron Pour Homme since it was launched and always found this to be a really well constructed fragrance. In regular edt strength, it's much sharper and stronger than both Eau Sauvage and YSL Pour Homme. A bit more formal if you will. The edp is actually softer around the edges, but do go easy on application since Boucheron can be a monster if overapplied.
    Agreed on this. The edt is actually just as powerful as the edp. As you said, apply in moderation. Boucheron is quite sharp and strong in the beginning, but the drydown is amazing! Absolutely wonderful and classy. A citrus with power and meat on his legs.

Just to update you on this. I ended up buying Boucheron Homme EDP version and I am more than happy with my purchase! I love both the citrus opening and the mossy/sandalwood drydown (it has oak moss listed in the ingredients on the box). It lasts a long time and projects from my skin. Those who said the drydown resembles Certti 1881 were spot on (although in Boucheron it is much nicely done).

Thank you all for the help this was a great buy

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milan SRB View Post
    Just to update you on this. I ended up buying Boucheron Homme EDP version and I am more than happy with my purchase! I love both the citrus opening and the mossy/sandalwood drydown (it has oak moss listed in the ingredients on the box). It lasts a long time and projects from my skin. Those who said the drydown resembles Certti 1881 were spot on (although in Boucheron it is much nicely done).

I wore this fragrance earlier all day, and loved it. Perfect for a chill (but not too cold) day.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I wore this fragrance earlier all day, and loved it. Perfect for a chill (but not too cold) day.
    I agree 100% it is a very classy option and best of all it is dirt cheap. Current formulation is very good I can't imagine the vintage

I have a bottle of the EDP en route. As a youngish fella whose tastes can nevertheless be a bit "fusty" (to borrow the word of a poster above) I'm excited to try this classic.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Nice to hear! I bought the EdT a few months ago and it is great as well.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I agree 100% it is a very classy option and best of all it is dirt cheap. Current formulation is very good I can't imagine the vintage
    I need to wear this again soon.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I'm not prepared to render a firm verdict, but I'm not especially enjoying my time with the EDP today. Comparisons to Eau Sauvage--one of my favorites--caught my interest, but the lemony opening here doesn't really remind me of Eau Sauvage. Boucheron's lemon opening is kinda piercing, bordering on screechy, and the aldehydic midsection doesn't fascinate me. I like the drydown, but still wish some of the heavier elements registered more than they do.

I'll give it another wear in different weather conditions to see if I can find something to connect with in this blend.

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I'm not prepared to render a firm verdict, but I'm not especially enjoying my time with the EDP today. Comparisons to Eau Sauvage--one of my favorites--caught my interest, but the lemony opening here doesn't really remind me of Eau Sauvage. Boucheron's lemon opening is kinda piercing, bordering on screechy, and the aldehydic midsection doesn't fascinate me. I like the drydown, but still wish some of the heavier elements registered more than they do.

I'll give it another wear in different weather conditions to see if I can find something to connect with in this blend.
    EDT opens nicer less screechy and in your face, all the way through the dry down phase it is a nicer wear. It is just as potent as the EDP just blended nicer and perfect for all year wear. I’ve worn both prefer EDT and how it wears and that it opens less harsh, first 2 hours of EDP are a challenge to get through for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    EDT opens nicer less screechy and in your face, all the way through the dry down phase it is a nicer wear. It is just as potent as the EDP just blended nicer and perfect for all year wear. I’ve worn both prefer EDT and how it wears and that it opens less harsh, first 2 hours of EDP are a challenge to get through for sure.
    Interesting. It's nice to know I'm not crazy!

I went with the EDP because consensus was that it was the better of the two, but maybe I should've gone for the EDT.

Current Favorites

I'm the EDP camp. I have had both and IMO the EDP version is smoother and more refined. I also think it's more potent. I love that burst of bergamot opening, I'd call it invigorating rather than screechy.