Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Club de nuit intense man vs creeds aventus

I refuse to pay so much money for creeds aventus which varies from batch to batch so i looked up youtube reviews of club de nuit intense man and almost everyone seems to love it except for the harsh opening and it lasts a long time and projects well .. some loving it even more then aventus .

I know people who own aventus dont like to admit it but be honest anyone who owns or tried both are they very similar and do u prefer one to the other , thanks

Default Re: Club de nuit intense man vs creeds aventus

I've noticed that as a general rule most people only need to smell about 3/4 similar elements before they jump into a "ZOMG1!!!1! KinG AvEnTu$$$$ is TeH D34d!!!111!!!" style of mood but frankly there isn't one clone on the market that captures the vibe, aesthetic, feel or performance of the original in my experience as they are always, and I mean always, lacking in one or more crucial elements.

CDNI for example has no pineapple note at all, none whatsoever. Kind of like making a Ferrari clone with no wheels, isn't it? Instead it has a huge lemon note that smells exactly how this tastes:

Its also rough as hell when it opens but once its settled into its drydown its fairly tolerable for the price but it isn't Aventus by any stretch of the imagination as can easily be evidenced by spraying the real thing on one arm and any clone on the other as they all tend to have that Chrysler 300C vibe in the sense that they may fool someone who isn't paying attention into thinking its a Rolls Phantom, until one pulls up

Now, if you like the juice for what it is, then go for it but don't try and front like its Aventus as it isn't. Personally I'd rather have a decant of the real thing as opposed to a bathtub full of a clone but thats on you as fiscally speaking a 50ml split is often not far from the cost of a 100ml clone but as I said, its on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I've noticed that as a general rule most people only need to smell about 3/4 similar elements before they jump into a "ZOMG1!!!1! KinG AvEnTu$$$$ is TeH D34d!!!111!!!" style of mood but frankly there isn't one clone on the market that captures the vibe, aesthetic, feel or performance of the original in my experience as they are always, and I mean always, lacking in one or more crucial elements.

CDNI for example has no pineapple note at all, none whatsoever. Kind of like making a Ferrari clone with no wheels, isn't it? Instead it has a huge lemon note that smells exactly how this tastes:

Its also rough as hell when it opens but once its settled into its drydown its fairly tolerable for the price but it isn't Aventus by any stretch of the imagination as can easily be evidenced by spraying the real thing on one arm and any clone on the other as they all tend to have that Chrysler 300C vibe in the sense that they may fool someone who isn't paying attention into thinking its a Rolls Phantom, until one pulls up

Now, if you like the juice for what it is, then go for it but don't try and front like its Aventus as it isn't. Personally I'd rather have a decant of the real thing as opposed to a bathtub full of a clone but thats on you as fiscally speaking a 50ml split is often not far from the cost of a 100ml clone but as I said, its on you.
    so having tried both and for the price u still recommend and say creeds aventus

I seen at least 7 or 8 respected youtube reviewers give it praise but i respect ur opinion

if this did actually have a pineapple note or something less screechy and chemical smelling in the highs, it'd be pretty damn good.

I have not smelled Aventus yet as it does not interest me very much... but I do own Glenn perri unpredictable adventure which I bought because a cousin of mine spoke highly of it. Before I bought it I checked fragantica and found it was an Aventis clone. It has plenty of pineapple and smells decent performance is average overall... I'm in NC at the the moment and it's cold so this might be a factor. It's decent but If you want aventus... your going to have to buy Aventus 😂😂 there are creeds for much less though. Debating on getting GIT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ufc View Post
    I refuse to pay so much money for creeds aventus which varies from batch to batch so i looked up youtube reviews of club de nuit intense man and almost everyone seems to love it except for the harsh opening and it lasts a long time and projects well .. some loving it even more then aventus .

I know people who own aventus dont like to admit it but be honest anyone who owns or tried both are they very similar and do u prefer one to the other , thanks
    Rock what you got. I've heard positive things about Club de Nuit Intense and it's often said that it's an affordable substitute for those who like Aventus. I see nothing wrong with substituting a fragrance when you can't afford a high priced house. I would definitely do this if I couldn't afford Creed and there was something highly similar available. Another option if to work with other people and obtain a decant. I am considering trying to obtain a decant of Creed's Vetiver Geranium. I don't foresee using it a ton, I don't see the need in owning the bottle to collect, but I definitely like how it smells.

I couldn't take the bombardment of smokiness that Aventus gave me when I tried a sample of it 3 different times. It simply was just 'too much' for me. I greatly enjoyed the opening smoky pineapple that lasted 40 minutes. I think that opening is what grabs people and makes them buy Aventus at the counter, but if they knew that opening only lasts about 40 minutes and then the smokiness burdens the senses for hours, those people might not have bought it. I very nearly bought Aventus and I'm very glad I sampled it first and figured out that it wasn't for me.

I hope your more affordable choice is very enjoyable to you and I see no issue with working within a budget the best you can.

For CDNIM smells great once it drys down. Aventus is just the King. Nothing compares IMO. I own both and enjoy both

so having tried both and for the price u still recommend and say creeds aventus

I seen at least 7 or 8 respected youtube reviewers give it praise but i respect ur opinion
    I actually expected quite a bit from this clone due to the huge hype train that was chugging along but refrained from buying it as I've learned my lesson now and would rather spend that £20/£30 on something I want and will actually enjoy in the long run as opposed to a flavour of the month clone thats being hyped to kingdom come by shills and folks who may not know any better. A pal sent me a small decant to give it a sniff and that was what I based my perspective on (if you're in the UK I'll send you the rest of it so you can have a sniff yourself if you want) and I found it severely lacking in the pineapple elements but tolerable once it drys down.

Since 2010 I think I've inhaled pretty much every clone on the market and most of the batches of Aventus that had the wildest swings from the mean point and in reality you can't even compare the current Creed juice to what was first released as there is a night and difference in the makeup of the fragrance thanks to the components used (older ones were darker/smokier with pineapple playing a bit part in the complex development, newer juice is much brighter, cleaner and linear with a dominant pineapple note throughout) but you can pick any batch you want and it still smells like Aventus as the core DNA is present and correct. The clones on the other hand have not been so lucky, something like Armaf Silver Supremacy has the best base notes but thats about it, Insurrection Pure took a stab at the brightness but lacks in depth, Scent Of Peace For Him nails the huge pineapple but misses out everything else, Royal Vintage has (bad) smoke in spades without the rest of the elements, Cedrat Boise is a different beast altogether with its blackcurrant and leather wrapped in a plastic bag vibe and so on and so forth.

As I said in the earlier post it comes down to simple maths for me, you can buy a clone from £10-£50 (and beyond) whereas a split of the original runs at £55, sure you get half the juice but its a lot more potent, smells how you want it too and not like how you wish it would and at the end of the day the real thing is the real thing. I don't really put a lot of credence in other peoples reviews as in my experience you can only rely on your nose plus given how shady the game is with rampant shilling, under the table payments and endless fawning as appreciation shown for free scents it doesn't really make much sense to place faith in a lot of these faces.

Here's a couple of threads that might help:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/431...d-Alts-reviews

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/406...-Creed-Aventus

Enjoy your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I actually expected quite a bit from this clone due to the huge hype train that was chugging along but refrained from buying it as I've learned my lesson now and would rather spend that £20/£30 on something I want and will actually enjoy in the long run as opposed to a flavour of the month clone thats being hyped to kingdom come by shills and folks who may not know any better. A pal sent me a small decant to give it a sniff and that was what I based my perspective on (if you're in the UK I'll send you the rest of it so you can have a sniff yourself if you want) and I found it severely lacking in the pineapple elements but tolerable once it drys down.

Since 2010 I think I've inhaled pretty much every clone on the market and most of the batches of Aventus that had the wildest swings from the mean point and in reality you can't even compare the current Creed juice to what was first released as there is a night and difference in the makeup of the fragrance thanks to the components used (older ones were darker/smokier with pineapple playing a bit part in the complex development, newer juice is much brighter, cleaner and linear with a dominant pineapple note throughout) but you can pick any batch you want and it still smells like Aventus as the core DNA is present and correct. The clones on the other hand have not been so lucky, something like Armaf Silver Supremacy has the best base notes but thats about it, Insurrection Pure took a stab at the brightness but lacks in depth, Scent Of Peace For Him nails the huge pineapple but misses out everything else, Royal Vintage has (bad) smoke in spades without the rest of the elements, Cedrat Boise is a different beast altogether with its blackcurrant and leather wrapped in a plastic bag vibe and so on and so forth.

As I said in the earlier post it comes down to simple maths for me, you can buy a clone from £10-£50 (and beyond) whereas a split of the original runs at £55, sure you get half the juice but its a lot more potent, smells how you want it too and not like how you wish it would and at the end of the day the real thing is the real thing. I don't really put a lot of credence in other peoples reviews as in my experience you can only rely on your nose plus given how shady the game is with rampant shilling, under the table payments and endless fawning as appreciation shown for free scents it doesn't really make much sense to place faith in a lot of these faces.

Here's a couple of threads that might help:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/431...d-Alts-reviews

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/406...-Creed-Aventus

Enjoy your journey.
    thank u , that was really helpful .. I would get creeds aventus but being in canada the prices are lunacy , 400 for 100 ml bottle on fragx , if a clone like club de nuit intense can come close thats good enough for me , beautiful bottle too club de nuit has

thank u , that was really helpful .. I would get creeds aventus but being in canada the prices are lunacy , 400 for 100 ml bottle on fragx , if a clone like club de nuit intense can come close thats good enough for me , beautiful bottle too club de nuit has
    Yikes! Thats an insane price and there is no way I'd pay retail for Aventus here in the UK (£250/120ml) as its good but not that good.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of CDNI at all. The base is a blob of Norlimbanol. It's scratchy and nasty. The top is nice, but the base is terrible. I'd buy the real thing.

You can get decants of Aventus here in the forum for under $60. Here's a split by SmellyFinger. I'm sure there are others.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    APOM
    Nio
    Curve
    Petit Matin
    Royal Oud
    Aqua Celestia
    Aqua Universalis
    Grey Vetiver
    Dior Homme
    Pomelo Paradis
    Bergamote Soleil
    1725 Casanova
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Reflection Man
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

I agree. The bottle is pretty cool.

Sadly I like CDNI more than Aventus. At least CDNI is consistent. Yes the opening can be harsh, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Layer it with Demeter Pineapple, and I guarantee you will be in Aventus heaven.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    You can get decants of Aventus here in the forum for under $60. Here's a split by SmellyFinger. I'm sure there are others.
    This is a good viable option for the OP if he doesn't want to purchase a bottle.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Sadly I like CDNI more than Aventus. At least CDNI is consistent. Yes the opening can be harsh, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Layer it with Demeter Pineapple, and I guarantee you will be in Aventus heaven.
    THANK YOUUUUU , i love the bottle too just classy and perfect .. gotta test it out for myself .

how synthetic is it btw or is that just the opening ppl talk about

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is a good viable option for the OP if he doesn't want to purchase a bottle.
    If club de nuit dont work out , i might do just that , thanks guys

THANK YOUUUUU , i love the bottle too just classy and perfect .. gotta test it out for myself .

how synthetic is it btw or is that just the opening ppl talk about
    I'd go into more detail, but I have done this before already. There is an entire sub forum for Creed Aventus at the top of the male discussion forum page. There's a thread that's 20 pages long on this same topic, I would suggest you read it.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Some will say yes and some no, just as is the case with nearly any question of this type. Those who wear Aventus often and tend to study scents are likely to say they are rather different and Aventus is clearly superior, but that doesn't mean you will think the same way, especially if you are a more "casual" wearer (for example, I'd call myself a casual wearer of generic woody/spicy scents, so one may be as good as another, whereas the person who owns expensive ones will say those are superior - it might be true on some level, but it isn't relevant to me). Get samples and decide for yourself. You might even prefer something like Fresh Pineapple from B&BW !

CDNI smells very close to Aventus IMO. I own Aventus and I'm still going to get a bottle of CDNI.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    CDNI smells very close to Aventus IMO. I own Aventus and I'm still going to get a bottle of CDNI.
    I agree.
    Currently wearing: Habdan by Parfums de Marly

CDNIM is nice but I really dont like the opening, it lacks the pineapple and has lemony opening.

The dry down I really like of CDNIM, it does not smell exactly like Aventus to me, it kind of reminds me of Blue De Chanel a bit.

I own Aventus, Mancera CB and Al Haramain L'Aventure and enjoy wearing them all, I suggest you get CDNI as it is cheap and down the road get a decant on Aventus from one of the many splitters here.
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Dependent
    Blog Entries

A week or two ago my brother and I tested 10 fragrances that were supposed to be "clones" of Aventus.

To clarify, I own multiple bottles of Aventus, have smelled or owned every batch except for a handful from 2015 and 2016, Had the 11z01 batch, and I wear Aventus routinely. I have literally spent thousands on Aventus over the years. My point is: What I'm telling you here is legit. I'm not someone who owns one batch or has a decant of Aventus and then says "oh this smells just like it".

What we found were there is NO clone that has the same pineapple note as Aventus. Some get close but the main issue for almost all Aventus clones is their pineapple really smells more like citrus, a lot including CDNI, have an almost vitamin C type smell.

For my money the best smelling and closest to Aventus is L'Adventure I think by Rassasi. It has a muted pineapple (a lot of people say Oh there's no pineapple note this isn't Aventus) but it actually comes close to the more wood heavy batches, those have the muted pineapple too. The dry down is dead on for Aventus. I would have no issues at all recommending this to someone looking for a dark Aventus batch clone.

For the closest pineapple note the best I could fine was Al-Rehab Avenue in roll-on. It doesn't dry down identical but that pineapple note is spot on. It's also super cheap.

I honestly wouldn't recommend any other clone out there. None are close outside of these. Pineapple Vintage has a place but is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    For my money the best smelling and closest to Aventus is L'Adventure I think by Rassasi. It has a muted pineapple (a lot of people say Oh there's no pineapple note this isn't Aventus) but it actually comes close to the more wood heavy batches, those have the muted pineapple too. The dry down is dead on for Aventus. I would have no issues at all recommending this to someone looking for a dark Aventus batch clone.
    L'Aventure is by Al Haramain and yes I agree with your statement
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    A week or two ago my brother and I tested 10 fragrances that were supposed to be "clones" of Aventus.

To clarify, I own multiple bottles of Aventus, have smelled or owned every batch except for a handful from 2015 and 2016, Had the 11z01 batch, and I wear Aventus routinely. I have literally spent thousands on Aventus over the years. My point is: What I'm telling you here is legit. I'm not someone who owns one batch or has a decant of Aventus and then says "oh this smells just like it".

What we found were there is NO clone that has the same pineapple note as Aventus. Some get close but the main issue for almost all Aventus clones is their pineapple really smells more like citrus, a lot including CDNI, have an almost vitamin C type smell.

For the closest pineapple note the best I could fine was Al-Rehab Avenue in roll-on. It doesn't dry down identical but that pineapple note is spot on. It's also super cheap.

I honestly wouldn't recommend any other clone out there. None are close outside of these. Pineapple Vintage has a place but is expensive.
    I like to eat pineapple, so I'm not a "pineapple note hater," but why has it become the "be all" for so many who are willing to spend "big bucks" on one bottle of fragrance? This really puzzles me!

I have both and it's really not fair to compare them due to price differences.

Buy Dementer Spicy Pineapple and layer it with CDNIM and this can be a reasonable cost effective solution I have done this after reading it recommended on this forum.

It get close to Aventus but not all the way.

I'm gonna say something that a lot of people seem to get hostile at when it's brought up. I PREFER Mancera Cedrat Boise to Aventus Everyday. And it has not one thing to do with price. I like the notes, and on me it lasts. I have a lot of bottles which cost more than Creed's, but I refuse to buy a fragrance that swings so much batch to batch. It just perturbs me man. Some guys don't mind, and that's cool . I have things I buy and wayside buy that I'm sure drive people crazy. Hell I have maybe 60 bottles and EVERY ONE was a blind buy. Some guys go nuts over that. Just my opinion though, Cedrat Boise , great stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I must admit they are very close.

Got fooled recently by CDNI, asked this guy if he was wearing Aventus but it was CDNI! he looked pleased needless to say...
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

Dependent
    Blog Entries

@techt - thank you. I was typing on tapatalk while out and couldn't look up who made L'Adventure and was just going off of memory. It was the only one after testing all those clones that I actually thought about buying even though I already have more Aventus than I'll ever use.

@Bigsly - I agree. I much prefer the darker, woodier Aventus batches. I like the Pineapple note but it's much more about the combination of birch with patchouli and a hint of Pineapple to me.

CDNI smells smoother to me than Aventus. It is creamier and less smokey. Aventus just gives me a headache with the smokiness, CDNI never does that.
    I wear fragrance to smell good to everyone, not just myself