Code of Conduct

Default Carlo Corinto Classic

Has this been significantly reformulated since, what--the 80s? And if so, how does the reform compare to vintage. Also, what would you say this is similar to? (One of those, "If you like X, you might like CCC" type answers.)
    Smokin Dave is in the house

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: Carlo Corinto Classic

Didn't realize it was still being made. Only have experience with and own the original which is a great scent, but if it is still being made I imagine it has gone through changes as it has existed for quite a long time.
    Last edited by hednic; 19th February 2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried what I think was "vintage" back in 2008 and didn't like it. I've read recent reviews that suggest it is very different now. I can't imagine that they could/would be bottling a scent that is nearly identical to the original today.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Didn't realize it was still being made
    Beauty Encounter has it for sale.

I can't imagine that they could/would be bottling a scent that is nearly identical to the original today.
    Right, so that's my question. Probably a reformulation? Unless this is old stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Dave View Post

Right, so that's my question. Probably a reformulation? Unless this is old stock.
    Anything that says "classic" on the box or bottle would be suspect to me, unless that was the original name (and I can't think of a scent name like that off hand).

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Good to know it's still available. Thanks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Didn't realize it was still being made. Only have experience with and own the original classic which is a great scent, but if it is still being made I imagine it has gone through changes as it has existed for quite a long time.
    Plus one. I have an old bottle and it is very good. Never seen or tried anything by the name since. No idea if anything available today will be different.

Edit:
    I just went to Beauty Encounter to see the bottles. They're the same they've ever been. Most likely the same juice. No reason to presume a reformulation must have happened.
    Last edited by DustB; 19th February 2017 at 02:18 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Plus one. I have an old bottle and it is very good. Never seen or tried anything by the name since. No idea if anything available today will be different.

Edit:
    I just went to Beauty Encounter to see the bottles. They're the same they've ever been. Most likely the same juice. No reason to presume a reformulation must have happened.
    The one I saw at BE has "Classic" underneath Carlo Corinto on the box. The one I had did not, and you can do some image searching and you'll see others that don't. I would avoid that one, and also, if it shows the old box, ask the seller if that is the exact box you would be getting!

Bigsly you're right. My bottle doesn't say classic on it and I didn't closely study the pictures at BE.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Interesting...thx for the tip on the "Classic". Perhaps this one is worth going on {gasps} ebay to hunt down (much as I dislike it..)

Interesting...thx for the tip on the "Classic". Perhaps this one is worth going on {gasps} ebay to hunt down (much as I dislike it..)
    I don't think it's a safe bling buy. It's sort of a "dirty" leathery scent with obvious lavender, from what remember. I'd rather wear my Yatagan from a few years ago, and I'm not a fan of that one.