Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Skinny jeans. Yes or no?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

11 30.56%
  • No!

25 69.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Skinny jeans. Yes or no?

Well, I use to lift weights with them, so they stay in shape. And in case this wouldn't be enough, I can get myself this brilliant invention:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdDfQrPi5Q
    "A small joke (admittedly a subject of debate) became an affair of state, a fart became a tsunami" (Oliver Kalkofe)

Quote Originally Posted by NebelGeÓst View Post
    Well, I use to lift weights with them, so they stay in shape. And in case this wouldn't be enough, I can get myself this brilliant invention:
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Levi's 511 Slim Fit here.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

But that's only half the fun! And with 35+ įC it's definitely more healthy to let your undies rest in your wardrobe
    And, to get back on topic, it is for sure more healthy than skinny jeans.
    Hahaha! LOL with your answers.
    Very true. When our parts stay in higher temperatures like wearing tight clothes or underwear it causes infertility. They have to keep in a lower temperature than the rest of the body and that's why they are somehow "separated" to the body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    Yes, but you don't want to end up tripping over your testicles because you offered them no support for 30 years.
    Like what happens to autochthon women's breasts? LOL. We can end up with a beanbag between the legs. Not even necessary a chair to sit down. It's also an easy way to know the floor temperature.
    Last edited by Beck; 23rd February 2017 at 03:48 PM.

I think skinny jeans look more form fitting for a lady which also looks better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpritzDaily View Post
    I think skinny jeans look more form fitting for a lady which also looks better to me.
    Actually I think larger jeans doesn't match women tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Levi's 511 Slim Fit here.
    If I can remember well the paper label that came in my 511, it is slim fit too. But it gets a bit tight in my calves. I bought two pairs and was lucky to just wear one. Had to trade the other pair for a 514. Now I had to send the 514 to adjust a little the legs since they were too large.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I know the feeling when I try out tight pants. Now I know why some singers sing so shrill!
    Last edited by Beck; 23rd February 2017 at 05:08 PM.

[QUOTE=Beck;4067781]Actually I think larger jeans doesn't match women tbh.

Its good to know what you thought. Good point raised; skinny jeans definitely look more appropriate for women.

Absolutely not. My waist isn't thick, but my thighs are, necessitating wider leg openings.

And I've only found three kinds of jeans that fit me and come in an inseam long enough... my favorite is the Rock Revival Relaxed Straight (not the Relaxed Straight 17), followed by the normal straight-leg jeans from the same brand.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Niche & Hard-To-Find Sale (US Only): Frederic Malle, vintage Infusion de Vetiver, By Kilian
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Absolutely not. My waist isn't thick, but my thighs are, necessitating wider leg openings.

And I've only found three kinds of jeans that fit me and come in an inseam long enough... my favorite is the Rock Revival Relaxed Straight (not the Relaxed Straight 17), followed by the normal straight-leg jeans from the same brand.
    Almost like me. But beyond thighs my calves are thick. I tried a relaxed straight from CK. Liked the shape, not the jeans.

Dockers Alpha Khaki Original Slim Tapered but if I could fit skinny jeans I would love to wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by ladida View Post
    Dockers Alpha Khaki Original Slim Tapered but if I could fit skinny jeans I would love to wear them.
    Liked them!

Skinny jeans look best on those with long slender legs. They look awful like sausage casings on shorter or muscular legs.

Solid no. I hate skinny jeans matter of fact I can't shop at Dillard's etc because they are all tight fitting. I hate jean shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Skinny jeans look best on those with long slender legs. They look awful like sausage casings on shorter or muscular legs.
    Laughing hard here! YES! I feel like a sausage wearing skinny jeans! Or like I'm going to implode! It's an odd sensation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnaforever2203 View Post
    Solid no. I hate skinny jeans matter of fact I can't shop at Dillard's etc because they are all tight fitting. I hate jean shopping.
    I used to like the search for a good pair of jeans. Not now with everything being skinny. That's why I can hardly wait for this trend to pass.

I have massive calves so slim is skinny for me. I like slim but am not a fan of jeans that taper much below the calves, this part should be looser or it really looks like girl's jeans and imo it makes most guys look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I have massive calves so slim is skinny for me. I like slim but am not a fan of jeans that taper much below the calves, this part should be looser or it really looks like girl's jeans and imo it makes most guys look bad.
    Your calves might be like mine! And they are wide just where the pieces start getting more tight.
    Very taper ones really look like girls' imo too. I also like them looser in this part. I think some parts of shoes look better covered and very tight cuffs make our feet look way bigger.

I'm slightly behind the fashion times. I've noticed that tighter fitting jeans, not quite skinny jeans though, work well with todays fashions. Also, anything slightly loose fitting (ie classic fit slacks), is looking grandpa status in a way. So I tried on some tighter fitting Levi's as well as some straight legged/slim slacks.

Nah, man. Yeah, I like to work out my legs too so usually I fill out my jeans well enough, but this tight stuff...very uncomfortable. More importantly, from a profile point of view it didn't work for me at all.

I think people should stick with what complements their body type. Skinny jeans are in fashion but they don't look good on everyone.

NO!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I think people should stick with what complements their body type.
    Wise words!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Minister of Misfits

No jeans, at all. Prefer skirts or dresses. Haven't worn jeans in years. I don't miss them.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Have learned to adapt. Because they seem like all that I see. The ones that I do own are just slim fit and their stretchy pants LOL. These allow me to still function normally but getting my wallet and phone out can be difficult.

Basenotes Plus

Love them on Women!
    On guys they look silly!
    I am an old guy who likes to wear roomier stuff.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I'm slightly behind the fashion times. I've noticed that tighter fitting jeans, not quite skinny jeans though, work well with todays fashions. Also, anything slightly loose fitting (ie classic fit slacks), is looking grandpa status in a way. So I tried on some tighter fitting Levi's as well as some straight legged/slim slacks.

Nah, man. Yeah, I like to work out my legs too so usually I fill out my jeans well enough, but this tight stuff...very uncomfortable. More importantly, from a profile point of view it didn't work for me at all.

I think people should stick with what complements their body type. Skinny jeans are in fashion but they don't look good on everyone.
    Tried some more jeans today, and... I took a look at them out of the body and found, "Oh, great, these seem not skinny". All the ones I liked and tried were skinny.
    All the SAs were wearing skinny jeans and in them they look right. The brand know how to dress their SAs and most people don't know how to properly use a skinny piece, what can make them look awful. I would say that like we have risky, bold fragrances, there are bold and risky clothing and for the clothing the mistake is more "visible". I try to avoid these mistakes and usually these risky pieces regarding garnments.
    Yes, people should buy what complements their body type indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Wise words!
    True. I'm not judging people who wear skinny jeans. I'm judging the garnment and how it fits people in general and specially, me. Of course the are exceptions just like for almost everything in life, but the death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    No jeans, at all. Prefer skirts or dresses. Haven't worn jeans in years. I don't miss them.
    I read somewhere jeans, specially the tight ones cause cellulites. I can't assure if it's true though.
    Skirts and dresses look better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Have learned to adapt. Because they seem like all that I see. The ones that I do own are just slim fit and their stretchy pants LOL. These allow me to still function normally but getting my wallet and phone out can be difficult.
    They are all we see indeed! When I was trying, I told the SA I could hardly wait for this trend to pass. He told me it won't pass, it came to stay. Then I felt like What?! Can't belive this!
    Stretchy are the way to go. I bought an awesome skinny one around 3 weeks ago. Despite the fact that its more tight over my calves, it's touch is incredible! It has a texture of a sweatshirt with the look of jeans. It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. I have other pairs of regular stretchy and they are my favorites. Having elastane is becoming a rule when buying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Love them on Women!
    On guys they look silly!
    I am an old guy who likes to wear roomier stuff.
    LOL! I think I'm getting old!
    Last edited by Beck; 30th March 2017 at 02:50 AM.

I found Buffalo David Button six x the only jeans I wear. They are slim but stretchy and they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. Look great with dress shoes and my cowboy boot collection. I call them skinny jeans because to me they are but they are actually slim fit high quality material. I catch them at Macy's on sale occasionally.

- - - Updated - - -

1752334_fpx.jpg

In between yes and no.

^
    Off-topic, but any chance of getting photos of your boot collection?

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Cadillac by Cadillac

I found Buffalo David Button six x the only jeans I wear. They are slim but stretchy and they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. Look great with dress shoes and my cowboy boot collection. I call them skinny jeans because to me they are but they are actually slim fit high quality material. I catch them at Macy's on sale occasionally.

- - - Updated - - -

1752334_fpx.jpg

In between yes and no.
    I liked those jeans. Actually I like them a bit more adjusted to the body. Today I was wearing one more tight on the thighs and hips and more loose below the knees.
    I love boots. Specially old-looking ones (like in the link below).They look so good! Unfortunately I can't wear them as much as I wish. My feet ache so much after wearing tough footwear and they are pronated. I need to use shoes that correct them in order I arrive home feeling less pain.
    https://www.soletopia.com/2013/08/rusty-looking-boots/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Trail View Post
    ^
    Off-topic, but any chance of getting photos of your boot collection?

-Mark
    Yes! I would to see them either.
    Last edited by Beck; 31st March 2017 at 03:32 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

1752334_fpx.jpg

In between yes and no.
    Those are classic straight leg, not slim or skinny. Approaching Dad jeans but not quite since the top block is more fitted.

Yes vote for me, but it depends on your build.

They look ok on me, even in my 40s, but I'm pretty lithe.
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Those are classic straight leg, not slim or skinny. Approaching Dad jeans but not quite since the top block is more fitted.
    Sorry for my ignorance but couldn't find it even searching. What's "top block"?

Basenotes Junkie

I wear slim fit!