Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Perfume Directory Inclusion Request

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.35.58 PM.jpg

Can I request to have this gem added as well? It's Maritime by Tommy Bahama
    Currently wearing: Wall Street by Bond No. 9

Can I please request Guerlains Black Perfecto be added?

If I have gone the wrong way about this please let me know.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Can I please request Guerlains Black Perfecto be added?

If I have gone the wrong way about this please let me know.
    I added it some time ago. I will ask the admins to give it priority in the queue.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker
    Currently wearing: Bibliothèque by Byredo

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by betadelta View Post
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.35.58 PM.jpg

Can I request to have this gem added as well? It's Maritime by Tommy Bahama
    Hi betadelta, do you know the notes? I've not added it to the directory because I've been looking for a breakdown of the notes and not found it so far.
    - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Hi betadelta, do you know the notes? I've not added it to the directory because I've been looking for a breakdown of the notes and not found it so far.
    Here's the description from tommy bahama's website-

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    Drawing inspiration from the pleasure of sailing, Maritime is an ode to the dynamism and power of the sea. A fresh, invigorating fragrance for the spirited explorer, the new fragrance blends aromatic botanicals with intriguing complexity for a scent that evokes warm trade winds over crystal clear waters.
    This captivating scent draws in the wearer with zesty top notes of citrusy bergamot, sweet lavender, fresh pink pepper, and clary sage, followed by a floral bouquet of water lily, jasmine, violet leaf, geranium, and ambergris. The fragrance is rounded out with cedarwood, sandalwood, musk, and moss, to create a long-lasting and invigorating scent reminiscent of sea air.

I added it some time ago. I will ask the admins to give it priority in the queue.
    Thank you very much.

Here is the description from the Tommy Bahama website:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    Drawing inspiration from the pleasure of sailing, Maritime is an ode to the dynamism and power of the sea. A fresh, invigorating fragrance for the spirited explorer, the new fragrance blends aromatic botanicals with intriguing complexity for a scent that evokes warm trade winds over crystal clear waters.
    This captivating scent draws in the wearer with zesty top notes of citrusy bergamot, sweet lavender, fresh pink pepper, and clary sage, followed by a floral bouquet of water lily, jasmine, violet leaf, geranium, and ambergris. The fragrance is rounded out with cedarwood, sandalwood, musk, and moss, to create a long-lasting and invigorating scent reminiscent of sea air.

** Edit: apologies for the double post, I thought the first one didn't go through
    Last edited by betadelta; 21st July 2017 at 01:40 AM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by betadelta View Post
    Here is the description from the Tommy Bahama website:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

** Edit: apologies for the double post, I thought the first one didn't go through

Thanks!
    It has been added: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26153261.html
    - Dorothy Parker

Blog Entries

furry, could you give a brief explanation of how different kinds of submissions work? I was under the impression that using the form expedited things, but it sounds like that is not *necessarily* the case, since I know some form-submitted scents that are not in the directory yet (LHBI's submissions of the latest Pradas).
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I asked about getting Prada L'Homme Intense added back on the 11th and I submitted it using the form on the 14th. I think it's been in stores for a few months. It's quite good, by the way.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Currently wearing: Royal Water by Creed

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    furry, could you give a brief explanation of how different kinds of submissions work? I was under the impression that using the form expedited things, but it sounds like that is not *necessarily* the case, since I know some form-submitted scents that are not in the directory yet (LHBI's submissions of the latest Pradas).
    I'll tell you what I think I know!

Using the submission form does not necessarily speed up the publishing process. Posting requests in these threads may speed up the publishing a little, but the main thing about submissions and alerts is that we all work on expanding the directory bit by bit, to make it better.

I think both Grant and Judith look at this thread and the "Missing from the directory" thread in the sticky section to get an idea of what fragrances members are waiting for to be included in the directory. There are thousands of entries in the queue to be looked over and approved; many discontinued scents, mass market brands, obscure indie houses, lots of stuff, really. And let's not forget launches that have slipped through our fingers and are not in the queue at all. That's why requests from members are important, to figure out what needs to given priority and be done first.

From what I understand of the inner workings of the admins, newer launches are given the highest priority, and major houses before smaller brands. If you are waiting for something from a major house that was released in 2017, I urge you to have a little patience and not request it here, or use the form to submit it. Chances are it's being taken care of already by Grant, Judith or me and that it will soon appear in the directory. However, if you start to see the scent being reviewed on the blogs and it's still not in the directory, like the recent La Petite Noire edition, please give a nudge here or the "Missing.." thread. Then it may be fished out of the queue and given super priority.

For me, these threads are very useful to get to know which semi-recent scents that are missing, scents from 2014-2016. If they are not in the directory by now, we probably missed them and you should alert us or submit them via the form.

And again, have a little patience. Unless it's a recent, major launch it takes time, months, for a scent to work its way up the queue to be in line for publishing. Know that every post and every submission via the form is being read and handled but there are only so many hours in a day.
    Last edited by furrypine; 24th July 2017 at 10:16 AM.
    - Dorothy Parker

Blog Entries

Thanks, furry! Very helpful!

I will say this - a group of 20, 30 or 50 activists given permission and some tool built off the contribute page and the regular directory pages for adding/editing scents completely, for later touch-up or "de-approval", would revolutionize the database. No more bottleneck. Things would just get added or fixed. Load, add or fix, hit complete. Basically a read-write version of the regular page with special permissions and an update button - maybe preview, too. All the low-priority and niche would get done by us, who care about the more obscure scents. Output gets listed and spot-checked by the admins. We could even edit each other's work as agile pairs, but probably not needed formally.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

I will say this - a group of 20, 30 or 50 activists given permission and some tool built off the contribute page and the regular directory pages for adding/editing scents completely, for later touch-up or "de-approval", would revolutionize the database. No more bottleneck. Things would just get added or fixed. Load, add or fix, hit complete. Basically a read-write version of the regular page with special permissions and an update button - maybe preview, too. All the low-priority and niche would get done by us, who care about the more obscure scents. Output gets listed and spot-checked by the admins. We could even edit each other's work as agile pairs, but probably not needed formally.
    This is a wonderful idea! I really think something should be done to speed up the process of submitting scents to the database and fill in the gaps in the Directory. In my recent experience, after sampling some of the less known and indie brands, way too many of those scents were not in the Directory. BN is better than that so I really hope a solution can be found.
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...
    Currently wearing: Beyond Love by By Kilian

Community Manager

I think this is how it being done on Parfumo? I know nothing about the software on Basenotes but I suspect it can't be done here without massive re-coding.
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

Widian (AJ Arabia) have a new line of two scents that have not made it into the directory. They are Liwa and Delma from The Velvet Collection. Hoping they might get added in future.
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

Hi, will there be a new, separate entry for the 2017 Eau Sauvage Parfum now that the previous version has been discontinued, or will we just stick with the previous version?

Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

There are duplicate Directory entries for Via del Profumo Cuoio dei Dolci:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26150851.html

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26150643.html
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    There are duplicate Directory entries for Via del Profumo Cuoio dei Dolci:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26150851.html

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26150643.html
    Thanks! I will alert Grant.
    - Dorothy Parker

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by broguesforsir View Post
    Hi, will there be a new, separate entry for the 2017 Eau Sauvage Parfum now that the previous version has been discontinued, or will we just stick with the previous version?

Thanks!
    I think that would be a good idea. I will enter the data and Grant will decide if he wants to add a new entry.
    - Dorothy Parker

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Widian (AJ Arabia) have a new line of two scents that have not made it into the directory. They are Liwa and Delma from The Velvet Collection. Hoping they might get added in future.
    They have been added and are waiting for approval.
    - Dorothy Parker

I think that would be a good idea. I will enter the data and Grant will decide if he wants to add a new entry.
    Thanks, furrypine!

http://www.gitanocosmetics.com/en/beauty/

Can these be included in the directory, please? A recent discovery
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

House: Cire Trudon
    Name: DEUX / II
    Notes: Green leaves, Pine, Juniper, Ambroxan, Cashmeran
    Launch: 2017
    Perfumer:Lyn Harris
    Descripn: After its full-filling green note at the start, Deux will reveal on your skin its accents of woods and amber.
    Refer: https://trudon.com/us_en/perfumes/deux.html
    See also: Hednic's post: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/441...nal-fragrances!
    Currently wearing: Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    http://www.gitanocosmetics.com/en/beauty/

Can these be included in the directory, please? A recent discovery
    I'm test wearing Gitano Corleone right now - http://www.gitanocosmetics.com/en/be...orleone-p.html

Really not a bad thing. It's a mixture of Dior Homme/DH Eau with a pinch of Valentino Uomo type of scent. It would be cool if it was in the directory. I was expecting it to be a "trash cologne" but turns out to be the opposite. Quite a good quality.
    Last edited by Zgb; 16th November 2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

People are submitting reviews of Chanel Cuir de Russie EDT on the Cuir de Russie Parfum page.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID10210630.html

The original 1924 Chanel Cuir de Russie EDT page is nowhere to be found. Hmm...............................................

Basenotes Plus

Hi - I entered the details of Puredistance Warszawa on the 'add a fragrance' page several weeks ago and there's still no sign of it in the Directory. It's a 2017 release; any chance it can be added soon?
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Any chance to add the 'Our Modern Lives' range from 4160 Tuesdays? I've been receiving a few of these in my sample pack from 4160 Tuesday Advent calendar.

http://www.4160tuesdays.com/4160tues...ragrances.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2