Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Japan

  1. #1

    Default Japan

    Hey everyone,

    I'll be going to Japan in a few weeks. I've heard that Japanese people prefer to not wear perfume and can find it offensive.

    Is this true?
    Or will it be fine for me to wear my perfumes over there?

    Cheers.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  2. #2

    Default Re: Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I'll be going to Japan in a few weeks. I've heard that Japanese people prefer to not wear perfume and can find it offensive.

    Is this true?
    Or will it be fine for me to wear my perfumes over there?

    Cheers.
    People here certainly don't apply fragrance as liberally as you are probably used to.

    I assume this is because you're obviously in very close quarters with other people (particularly when you take busy trains). With that said, it's not complete taboo; and no one has ever gotten angry at me for wearing fragrance.

    My advice: keep to the less potent stuff and you'll be fine.

    Have fun!
    Currently lawyering and DJing in Tokyo. Still obsessed with smelling good



    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

  3. #3

    Default Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    People here certainly don't apply fragrance as liberally as you are probably used to.

    I assume this is because you're obviously in very close quarters with other people (particularly when you take busy trains). With that said, it's not complete taboo; and no one has ever gotten angry at me for wearing fragrance.

    My advice: keep to the less potent stuff and you'll be fine.

    Have fun!
    Thank you!!

    I love Japan.

    I'll be bringing Aventus, SMW, and GIT with me

    Can't wait to rock em out and I'll keep it in mind to only do 1-2 sprays.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  4. #4

    Default Re: Japan

    You'll be right in time for the cherry blossoms! If you visit Tokyo, make sure you go to Nakameguro in the evening to view the cherry blossoms lining the river, it's truly spectacular and will be packed every night. They're also just opening small casual restaurants on each side of Nakameguro station (underneath the train tracks) which is part of a neighborhood revival effort.

    If you're interested in Japanese fragrances, I'd highly recommend checking out Parfum Satori which is a short walk from Shinjuku Takashimaya. Her Iris Homme is sublime.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    You'll be right in time for the cherry blossoms! If you visit Tokyo, make sure you go to Nakameguro in the evening to view the cherry blossoms lining the river, it's truly spectacular and will be packed every night. They're also just opening small casual restaurants on each side of Nakameguro station (underneath the train tracks) which is part of a neighborhood revival effort.

    If you're interested in Japanese fragrances, I'd highly recommend checking out Parfum Satori which is a short walk from Shinjuku Takashimaya. Her Iris Homme is sublime.
    Thank you!!

    I'm looking forward to it, especially the food
    Oh and it'll be my first time wearing fragrances in cold weather.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  6. #6
    Dependent Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I'll be going to Japan in a few weeks. I've heard that Japanese people prefer to not wear perfume and can find it offensive.

    Is this true?
    Or will it be fine for me to wear my perfumes over there?

    Cheers.
    Wow. What a great trip to such a beautiful country!!! I'm jealous. Have a great time!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Wow. What a great trip to such a beautiful country!!! I'm jealous. Have a great time!
    Thank you!!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Similar Threads

  1. Essence of Japan
    By FS0C13TY in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 1st August 2016, 07:50 PM
  2. Aromaconcept / Others from Japan
    By castorpollux in forum Missing Fragrances List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th February 2009, 12:14 AM
  3. Greetings from Japan
    By mashu in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10th December 2008, 12:46 PM
  4. Help! going to Japan...
    By audrey in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd November 2006, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000