Code of Conduct

Default Testers fake? Bleu de Chanel EDT fake tester?

Hi,

I want to buy an Bleu de Chanel Tester. The guy that sells it even has an website for selling testers, he says it's an original tester and he sells Bleu de Chanel EDT at only around 20$.

Do Bleu de Chanel testers have serial numbers?

Can I use the same youtube videos of " Fake vs Real Bleu de Chanel " to spot an fake tester ?

I want to look at least that the cap to be magnetic and the edges to be smooth and not sharp. Maybe look even for serial number if testers have them.

Thanks!

Default Re: Testers fake? Bleu de Chanel EDT fake tester?

Testers do not have serial numbers.

If you live by somewhere that sells BDC then just go there. Dillard's, Von Maur, Sephora, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by allah View Post
    Hi,

I want to buy an Bleu de Chanel Tester. The guy that sells it even has an website for selling testers, he says it's an original tester and he sells Bleu de Chanel EDT at only around 20$.

Can I use the same youtube videos of " Fake vs Real Bleu de Chanel " to spot an fake tester ?

I want to look at least that the cap to be magnetic and the edges to be smooth and not sharp. Maybe look even for serial number if testers have them.

Thanks!
    If it's $20 and it's from Chanel, I'll give you 100/1 odds that it's fake. Also, to answer your question, yes counterfeiters do make fake testers b/c they don't get scrutinized nearly as much as traditional bottles. They're crooks, and they'll do just about anything to separate you from your money.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by allah View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Chanel is one brand I will only buy new from authorized retailers, or used from a trusted person.

They are VERY strict with inventory control and if you are finding something at a deep discount it is either fake or stolen.

Chanel frags aren't that expensive anyway...
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Dnaforever2203 View Post
    If you live by somewhere that sells BDC then just go there. Dillard's, Von Maur, Sephora, etc.
    Good advice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

But what when its batch engrave code matches with sites which provide batch code check services like check cosmetics...

Quote Originally Posted by ydd View Post
    But what when its batch engrave code matches with sites which provide batch code check services like check cosmetics...
    It's not worth the risk. Most fragrances labelled as "testers" on the grey market are fakes.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    It's not worth the risk.
    Agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Dnaforever2203 View Post
    Testers do not have serial numbers.

I have to respectfully disagree that testers do not have serial numbers (batch codes). My bottles of AHSEE and AHS both have the same type of engraved batch codes on them as my retail BDC, BDC EDP and AHEB have and the first two are 2014 testers purchased from a Macy’s employee. I do agree that the OP should just buy retail from a place close to them and avoid the extremely high odds that the purchase is a fake.