Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I received some extremely bad news that I'd like to share with my Basenotes family.

Hello everyone,

I want to start out by saying that I have enjoyed coming on these forums and being apart of this fragrance community actually before 2009. I was reading posts years before that, but never had the need to post anything worth saying I guess. Around 2009 was when I bought 2 samples and those were GIT and MI. Needless to say that I was blown away and I had to let everyone and their brother/sister know. Since that time my collection has went from over 600 bottles around 2011 to a measly 32 bottles and decants. There's no doubt that I am a fragrance lover and will go to my grave being one. That brings me to the bad news. I was diagnosed yesterday with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to my liver with infiltrates to my lymph nodes. I'm a 47 years old that was basically a non-drinker, last cigarette was over 6 years ago, and has had Crohn's disease for over 12 years, but with diet and exercise my body had adapted to it (very rare). I've been married to my wife for over 17 years and have know her for over 22. We are just numb and devastated with this news and at this point we are hoping for a miracle, but we are both being realistic about my prognosis which could be I have 3 months to possible over a year with aggressive and cutting edge radiation and chemo regimens to live.
    I want to start off by telling everyone how much I enjoy being apart of this community and I've met some outstanding people though this journey. I've dedicated my life to helping others and will continue to do so voluntarily and spiritually. Thank you Grant for creating this website for us to be able to express and share our passions for fragrance and providing such a friendly environment to do it in. Thank you for all those that have saved me a ton of money from blind buying with your spot on and through reviews. Thank you for letting me vent on here when I've had a bad day and just want to tell someone that if I smell some one that has put on 10 sprays of vintage Le Male I'm going to choke them out before they do it to me. Most of all I'd like to tell everyone to enjoy life to the fullest and make everyday a great one.

Regards,

Richard Greenhill
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: I received some extremely bad news that I'd like to share with my Basenotes family.

Richard - very sorry to read your words. Although I don't know you personally, as a Basenoter, you are family. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: I received some extremely bad news that I'd like to share with my Basenotes family.

Wow. That's really sad to hear. It certainly puts my bad days into perspective. I will be hoping and praying for the best for you.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

My thoughts are with you and your family, Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Very sorry to hear that Richard, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

Richard, I'm sorry to hear your news. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I will be praying for you and your family... I'm so sorry to hear that. God is with you in all things.
    Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

I remember talking to my mother right after she was diagnosed, and she was so sad and scared. She lived for a year, and other than that first time, she was always in a good mood when I talked to her.

Missing Oakmoss

I join others here in keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh, wow...I am truly sorry to hear that, Richard....that is incredibly sad, and does put things is perspective. God bless you, stay strong, and don't give up. Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family.

Best wishes - try to stay positive.

Richard- I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Roja Dove Elysium Cologne
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

If I ever found myself in a similar position I'd be looking into alternatives to chemo like THC (Simpson data) and Burzynski's methods. wishing you the strength to fight

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+dr+burzynski+

https://www.facebook.com/ricksimpson...SEARCH&fref=nf

I've always enjoyed watching your posts.

A tear comes to my eye reading this, I don't even know you but what you are going through must be terrible. It is really something to feel that this community is family, I am very new to it ( 2015 ) I believe. But I trust everyone on here and love coming here and posting. Everyone is also very patient and helpful including you.

Thank you for sharing this information. I will be praying for your healing and your family as well.

God can do all things btw.

This news saddens me, Richard, and I'm so sorry to hear it.

I do thank you for telling us, and for your reminder to live every day we have to the fullest. It is so very true.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Richard.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Dependent

You're a good man, Rich. Thanks for the brave and candid post.
    Fair thoughts and happy hours to you and yours.

Always be smelling

Sorry buddy. Life gave you a bad deal.
    I am here (PM me )if you want to talk.
    I have some one close go through this and all I can say is try to enjoy the last few weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Paradigm by Avon

Dependent

Thank you seems like a weird thing to say...but I am grateful for your post. Kindness and human contact are what matter, and you are giving that to this community in the middle of your own terrible news and circumstances.

I just said a prayer for you and for your wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So very sorry to hear this sad news, Richard. Thank you for contributing to this community and for your kind words.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Basenotes Plus

My heart goes out to you, and yours. Spend as much time now, with those you love. Keep their love. Hold onto it. Whatever your faith, believe in it now. Prayers for you, and your family.
    fa shizzle...
    Currently wearing: Honeysuckle by Avon

cbd oil , marijuana look it up and get it asap

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I knew what to say.

You've been such a positive influence here, and you helped me a lot when I was starting out on basenotes. You helped me a lot, often without knowing it. You've helped many here.

I wish you the best of luck, from the bottom of my heart.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Endymion
    Grey Vetiver
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Reflection Man
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Pomelo Paradis

Richard, this is heartbreaking. I'm very saddened to hear the news. Please PM me if you ever need to talk. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take it one day at a time. We are here for you.

I am so sorry, Richard... Know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers...
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

My prayers are with you and your family, Richard. May God bless you and His peace be with you.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Blog Entries

A time for reflection for us all.
    Keep your faith until...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Richard, my prayers are with you and your family.
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

Even though I haven't bought anything from the Sale forum here on basenotes for at least 5 years due to being relocated outside of the US, I still remember purchasing bottles from you back in the day. It was always a pleasure to deal with you and your username is one that I always recognize on these forums whenever I come across it. So sorry to hear this news and my thoughts are with you and your family. Please get well soon and we are all here for you!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Will be praying for you and your family. Try to enjoy every single day you possibly can.

Basenotes Institution

I am sincerely sorry about your terrible news, Richard. I will keep you in my thought and prayers as you are fighting this battle. Bless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk