Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier - Santal Noble 2017!

"With a touch of modernity: the overall structure remains intact, with a reworking of the spicy top notes to deliver a roundness at the start.

Small leather facets enhance the heart of the composition, while some woody notes are more discreet.

The high proportion and quality of the sandalwood essence make this creation an exceptional juice." - a note from the brand.

Santal Noble 2017 by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men launched in 2017.

Top notes are: coffee, spices and incense

Middle notes are: sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and vetiver

Base notes are: castoreum, ambergris and oakmoss.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: NEW: Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier - Santal Noble 2017!

It sounds promising. I've tried a previous version and enjoyed it, although it reminded me of other similar-smelling perfumes, keeping my enthusiasm in check. A re-release, though, piques my interest to keep an eye out for a sampling opportunity.
    Last edited by Bavard; 16th March 2017 at 01:49 AM.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I have 2 of the red bottle reforms (1 NIB) and rarely wear it, so im passing on this.
    Its a really well done woody patchouli amber then a timid sandalwood and whispy incense.
    A cave like darkness from vetiver is in there too.
    Really nice, happy to own it, but wont pay the outrageous prices it demands now.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    3 Latest Videos: Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Colonia Fiorentina / Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Dolce Prospettiva / Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal EDP
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Blog Entries

I was wondering where this had disappeared to

So my red bottle is now vintage? Cool. I bought it blind on the sale forum because it became impossible to find elsewhere. Will happily try out the newer formula if/when given the opportunity but that's probably it. The original is a like but not love for me.

I found the previous version to be a little bland (but nice). I am looking forward to smelling a version 2.0 of this.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Base notes sound awesome, I'll sample it for sure. I own the previous version (coincidentally wearing it today) and quite enjoy it. Classy & interesting.
    Currently wearing: Rochas Lui by Rochas

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    So my red bottle is now vintage? Cool.
    A darker red is even more vintage and contained Mysore

Looks a completely different fragrance to me.

Basenotes Plus

The original Santal Noble is one of my top 3 of all time! This sounds spectacular, and a must buy for sure! Hope it shows up on FIF very soon! Thanks Hednic.
    Current top 5:
    1. Roja UAE
    2. Sospiro Vivace
    2. SHL Generation Homme
    3. ELDO Rien
    4. Brioni EDT
    5. FM French Lover

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    The original Santal Noble is one of my top 3 of all time! This sounds spectacular, and a must buy for sure! Hope it shows up on FIF very soon! Thanks Hednic.
    From this house, among my favorites also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I thought only 90ml bottle sizes were vintage, whereas then newer 100ml in red bottles were reformulations?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I thought only 90ml bottle sizes were vintage, whereas then newer 100ml in red bottles were reformulations?
    You're correct. The 90ml dark red bottles with diamond cutting marks/pattern in the glass are the vintage bottles. (the earliest ones)
    Last edited by hednic; 17th March 2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You're correct. The 90ml dark red bottles with diamond cutting marks/pattern in the glass are the vintage bottles. (the earliest ones)
    I have the 90 ml one and a red 100 ml one. They are different but both are very, very good. I'll be interested in hearing what people think of the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I'll be interested in hearing what people think of the new version.
    I think we'll all be waiting to hear opinions with great patience. Also, will want to know when it's available in our respective countries. Apparently, it can be ordered from the official website (think I saw it for €185) but not sure which countries they deliver to.

This is the 4th version of SN as there are 2 different version of the 100ml ones.

Before this newest version we had: The original 90ml bottle, the second version with still the coffee note but no mysore sandalwood anymore and a third version with fig and no coffee note and also no mysore sandalwood of course. The second and third version are both in the 100ml bottles and only the vintage formulation (different bottle as well) is in 90ml bottles! I own the first two versions and have to say that fortunately they are pretty similar but the vintage is indeed a little deeper and has a smoother coffee and sandalwood note. The second version is still worth owning imo!
    The second version has one big difference with the third version because the second has a screw off sprayer (like also all 90ml vintage bottles do have!) and the last version (of the 100ml red bottle) does not! I never smelled the fig version. (I own two 90ml vintages SN and one 100ml round bottle with screw off cap and coffee note present!)
    Last edited by Slayerized; 18th March 2017 at 10:09 AM.
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

If they increase the intensity of the coffee note a little bit it might be interesting. I find the original kind of boring, it's one of those scents I smell and think "Okay, what am I missing here?" I'm not sure if the addition of leather is going to be good or not, but this version sounds like it's at least a little beefed up.
    My wardrobe is up to date as of 10/09/17, and anything on my "Swap List" is for sale. You set the price and we'll negotiate from there. Inquire within!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    This is the 4th version of SN as there are 2 different version of the 100ml ones.

Before this newest version we had: The original 90ml bottle, the second version with still the coffee note but no mysore sandalwood anymore and a third version with fig and no coffee note and also no mysore sandalwood of course. The second and third version are both in the 100ml bottles and only the vintage formulation (different bottle as well) is in 90ml bottles! I own the first two versions and have to say that fortunately they are pretty similar but the vintage is indeed a little deeper and has a smoother coffee and sandalwood note. The second version is still worth owning imo!
    The second version has one big difference with the third version because the second has a screw off sprayer (like also all 90ml vintage bottles do have!) and the last version (of the 100ml red bottle) does not! I never smelled the fig version. (I own two 90ml vintages SN and one 100ml round bottle with screw off cap and coffee note present!)
    So I've definitely had 3rd version then. It was ok but obviously have nothing to compare it to. I wish I could even get to sample the 90ml version. Just seems ultra unobtainium right now.

As for the fourth version, I'm pretty sure I tried this just before it disappeared. It was completely awful and I remember talking to someone at Les Senteurs about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    If they increase the intensity of the coffee note a little bit it might be interesting. I find the original kind of boring, it's one of those scents I smell and think "Okay, what am I missing here?" I'm not sure if the addition of leather is going to be good or not, but this version sounds like it's at least a little beefed up.
    Definitely eager to try it out before making my mind up on a bottle.

So I've definitely had 3rd version then. It was ok but obviously have nothing to compare it to. I wish I could even get to sample the 90ml version. Just seems ultra unobtainium right now.

As for the fourth version, I'm pretty sure I tried this just before it disappeared. It was completely awful and I remember talking to someone at Les Senteurs about this.
    4 versions if this.

#1 90ml Vintage with the argyle styled bottle.
    #2 100ml with a twist off sprayer.
    #3 100ml with a pressure fit sprayer.
    #4 Newest one is 125ml, clear bottle.

I only have owned an tried #3, its a good dusty, woody, semi-sweet ambery fragrance.
    It smells like an aristocrat with a penchant for midnight strolls in his attic. Neat stuff, not as mandatory as Basenotes makes it out to be.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    3 Latest Videos: Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Colonia Fiorentina / Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Dolce Prospettiva / Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal EDP
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Basenotes Plus

Damn, just saw the prices of the new packaging, 160 euros, but they are all EDP concentration. I was searching for packaging #2 since that's the version I preferred and kept but alas it's no where to be found, wow! The EDT used to cost around $80.

I guess this new Santal Noble will be an EDP just like everything else in the current line, this could actually be quite good.
    Current top 5:
    1. Roja UAE
    2. Sospiro Vivace
    2. SHL Generation Homme
    3. ELDO Rien
    4. Brioni EDT
    5. FM French Lover

Apparently, it can be ordered from the official website (think I saw it for €185) but not sure which countries they deliver to.
    They deliver to the US. Shipping with Coilissimo is 20 Euros bringing the total to $205 Euros. No VAT is deducted. Will probably be ordering one later today.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They deliver to the US. Shipping with Coilissimo is 20 Euros bringing the total to $205 Euros. No VAT is deducted. Will probably be ordering one later today.
    Oh wow. €20 shipping is quite steep for something that expensive. Normally a company like Essenza Nobile or First in Fragrance would not charge postage to most destinations on purchases over €150. Hope they stock it soon and/or someone in the uk. Really the more stockists there are, the better it is for consumers.

So........what say ye on the newest formulation of Santal Noble? I've owned all 3 previous versions and still have 2 of them. I discarded the version with the fig note in the pyramid as it was a slight disappointment.

Still haven't been able to locate a sample or bottle in the UK...

Blog Entries

Keenly waiting to hear the reviews on this one!
    Oriental and rose addict...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mistertaz View Post
    Keenly waiting to hear the reviews on this one!
    me too
    Currently wearing: Baghari by Robert Piguet

Smelled this version in Paris a couple of weeks ago. While pleasant, it was not distinguished enough to make me want to purchase it. Have never smelled previous versions.

Oh wow. €20 shipping is quite steep for something that expensive. Normally a company like Essenza Nobile or First in Fragrance would not charge postage to most destinations on purchases over €150. Hope they stock it soon and/or someone in the uk. Really the more stockists there are, the better it is for consumers.
    Their shipping was very fast. Got it in less than a week!

...here a nice article about this brand: https://www.fragrantica.com/news/The...tier-9371.html

Blog Entries

I received this last week and wore it to work today. The opening was a spicy, creamy affair, plesant. But then I became anosmic to it within an hour. A couple of hours later I went to get a glass of water. Returned to my desk and was greeted by a beautiful Sandalwood note. The scent molecules seemed to be suspended in the air around my desk.

Unfortunately sandalwood has always sat at the limit of my olfactory ability, but if that's what I smell like the whole time, great. Too bad I can't enjoy it most of the time. Hoping I'm just having an off-day.