Code of Conduct

Default Boss Bottled Intense EDT - what are your thoughts?

So, i bought a Boss Bottled Intense EDT full bottle because I was able to get a good deal on it. I already tried it before in a shop and I liked it. I still like it, but yesterday when I put it on the first time I got a headache from the smell and I found it a little bit cloying... maybe it was just coincidence and I will see how it behaves the next times but I wanted to know your opinion on this fragrance. Projection and performance seems to be very good on my skin but I found the smell to be nauseating with time... maybe more suitable for the colder weather?

Default Re: Boss Bottled Intense EDT - what are your thoughts?

I love it but won't buy it as I have a huge 200ml bottle of the original EDT I want to get through first.

Sampled the Intense EDT many times and it's awesome. The parfum version is even better.

Suitable indeed for colder weather, but other than that, did not sense any major difference nor step up in performance improvements from the regular Boss Bottled

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Suitable indeed for colder weather, but other than that, did not sense any major difference nor step up in performance improvements from the regular Boss Bottled
    I agree with this. In terms of performance, I did not notice any improvements.

If you can exchange it for the Intense EDP, I think that's the way to go. The EDP is excellent, in my opinion. I found the EDT very similar to the original but just much stronger, most likely bolstered by synthetic fixatives, not really improving upon the original just making it more powerful, and in your case taking it to a headache-inducing level. The EDP combines very good performance with a bit of a new smell---its spicier, darker, richer and rounder, while still maintaining the basic core of the original. It's the least synthetic feeling of the 3. I was surprised by how good it is.
    Top 10 Rotation: December, 2017: Spice and Wood, Bleecker Street, Invasion Barbare, Layton, Ormonde Man, Viking, Club 75, Dia Man, Note de Yuzu, Tabac Rouge

The original Bottled EDT is the pillar of the line. It is most versatile - office, casual, day, evening, night, dating, clubbing, all seasons. Intense EDT is more suitable for fall and winter season, evenings, not so causal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    If you can exchange it for the Intense EDP, I think that's the way to go. The EDP is excellent, in my opinion. I found the EDT very similar to the original but just much stronger, most likely bolstered by synthetic fixatives, not really improving upon the original just making it more powerful, and in your case taking it to a headache-inducing level. The EDP combines very good performance with a bit of a new smell---its spicier, darker, richer and rounder, while still maintaining the basic core of the original. It's the least synthetic feeling of the 3. I was surprised by how good it is.
    Agree that Boss Bottled Intense EDP is the way to go.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

-----
    Last edited by hednic; 23rd March 2017 at 03:37 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.