Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: March 2017 smelly game - transparent, light, summer, daywear perfume

Mumsy, don't forget to put me on the list as well

Default Re: March 2017 smelly game - transparent, light, summer, daywear perfume

Oops I was off the ball there.... both in.

I've been developing my salty accord with some fresh air ideas. Sort of working but not how I want yet. My fresh air accords all seem to go too synthetic feeling. I had that same issue with the bee in the field idea too. I need to go back to brass tacks and re-smell all those ingredients from start to dry down again. It was an aromatic area in which I bought too many ingredients at the same time so didn't learn them well enough.
    Currently wearing: Yendi by Roberto Capucci

So far I have just blended two rather simple accord, an old world cedar (which actually does contain some new world cedar oils as well, but the main player is Himalayan cedar, not at all transparent, but the accord itself will be dosed rather light) and a leather accord with quite some Suederal in it. Will get the missing ingredients for my idea next week, then I can start to blend the actual scent.
    Haven't filtered the tea tincture yet as I have to wait anyway. Hope the cannabis eo smells like expected. And am not sure how 'brave' I'll be with the dose of this material; just enough to smell it's there, with the lavender being more dominant, or as an easily recognisable main note, which may let the police stop you on the street to examine you for drugs?
    I guess I will make 5 different mixes of the lavender abs + oil and the cannabis oil with different ratios to see what will work best. I'm quite sure these two notes will harmonise well anyway, but what would be more wearable (in public) and what would maybe be to 'artistic'?
    "A small joke (admittedly a subject of debate) became an affair of state, a fart became a tsunami" (Oliver Kalkofe)

Quote Originally Posted by NebelGeÓst View Post
    To me: the tea scents from Bvlgari (with the exception of Eau Parfumťe au Thť Noir), many if not most perfumes created by Bertrand Duchaufour (especially for L'Artisan Parfumeur, e.g. Piment BrŻlant, Dzongkha, Mťchant Loup, to name some un-citrussy), the Jardins series by Jean-Claude Ellena for HermŤs, et cetera.
    In my mind, a transparent scent is the olfactoric equivalent to aquarelle in painting, while the color used does not necessarily have to be yellowish. To come with a metaphor.
    Beautiful image, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on "transparent". I am thinking the L’Occitane's Collection de Grasse created by L’Occitane’s in-house perfumer, Karine Dubreuil, fits the transparent category. Nine different perfumes but all seem to be light and transparent. ... perhaps another word is translucent.

In my opinion the challenge in this game is perhaps longevity... how to be transparent & translucent at the same time heavy enough to stick around for a while?.... it's tricky.
    Nez en d'Ítre - Student artisan perfumer
    Quintescential
    Parfum

A nice little Lebanese tincture. From May 2014 so three years old now.

IMG_7097.JPG

uhmm....Lebanon cedarwood or cannabis?

Tried my Darjeeling green tea tincture on skin for the first time today.. Without further dilution... Man, this smells more intense than I have expected, especially in the the first 5 minutes. On its own it seems to be a top and early heart note but stays slightly noticable after that for a bit longer. And is intensely dyeing. But that's okay, it contributes to the green color of the blend which fits the olfactive goal I am trying to reach and which is already there due to the oakmoss absolute and violet leaf absolute I have used.
    So far I may have used a bit too much of the Aldehyde C12 . And maybe the judges would find the use of Geosmin too obvious.
    Btw, do we have a second judge yet?
    And in case there would noone frome the US who agrees to be judge in this game, how about Graphite, the owner of Liaison Carbone? Not the best situation for the members from overseas with two European based judges but at least we would have 2 of them.
    "A small joke (admittedly a subject of debate) became an affair of state, a fart became a tsunami" (Oliver Kalkofe)

Re: second judge. Have asked and will ask again. Perhaps the mail went in spam. I didn't like to pester seeing as it's quite a task with this many playing. Usually there is a natural being-too-busy drop out rate but one shouldn't count on it.

We have one new judge. How kind of Wooznib to do this for us. Thanking you.

If xx can do it too then we may end up with three but that is fine too.

How are the brews going?

I'm still waiting for two important materials, but started working out the basenotes, most of the heartnotes plus changed the leather accord I am using as after maturing I wasn't satisfied with it. It may have too much m-Cresol in it to be called healthy, but I'm using this accord in small amounts only, so not much will be in the finnished formula.
    I have a plan for the topnotes but will wait with blending them till I got the missing ingredients. I am going to use more of the lime oil than I intented when the idea of this cannabis lavender fragrance begin to form in my mind. My oil smells pretty sour but I find it refreshing and think it will blend well with the main players.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    We have one new judge. How kind of Wooznib to do this for us. Thanking you.

If xx can do it too then we may end up with three but that is fine too.

How are the brews going?
    I'm slowly homing in on the final versions of two my accords, but I'm struggling to flesh out the base and heart. Hopefully I will get there soon..

I bought a host of new materials but I feel that I can only use a few with confidence in my submission. I'm learning so much about my materials from the 40+ trial blends I've made up so far. Triplal and Elemi have got to be my new favorite materials; I've found that they are so incredibly versatile and both can produce a multitude of effects depending on dosage. I remember when I first smelt Elemi I couldn't imagine how such a strange naterial could be used

Mine's coming along OK. I'm going with the orange blossom/neroli idea, probably combined with a gin/martini accord. I have a touch of juniper berry oil and coriander seed oil in there already and they fit in well. Maybe I can get away with a little more, or maybe some other materials to back them up. Now I need to work on the longevity, and probably on increasing the transparent feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinkiwi View Post
    Triplal and Elemi have got to be my new favorite materials; I've found that they are so incredibly versatile and both can produce a multitude of effects depending on dosage. I remember when I first smelt Elemi I couldn't imagine how such a strange naterial could be used
    I have a touch of Triplal in mine too for green contrast. Elemi would probably fit as well, but I only have an oil of dubious quality, from years back. I am trying some Olibanum Coeur in the base to extend the citrus notes.

Basenotes Member

Renegade-
    I'm definitely interested in the sound of your gin/martini accord as one concept I have in mind to make one day is fragrance with a G&T type vibe

due lack of time, I still have to pour things together, maybe I find a way this weekend

My mainplayers will arrive today (hopefully someone is there to accept it, I'm at work.. Yesterday was my free day but the parcel had to come when I'm not at home of course -.-). I tweaked my base a bit but while the Aldehyde C12 now is not as (overly) present, I like it less than before. Plus surprisingly it's less 'transparent', less powerfull and less green now. I'll have to increase the amount of Hedione and maybe I'll make a bottle of a 1% dilution of the C12 MNA and add a tiny bit of it again. In most cases 1% should be enough to work with, 5 or 10% can easily be overpowering, even when using just a very few drops of it in a blend..

Hopefully I can start with the missing ingredients this evening. And then I'll have to work out my top notes. Haven't even diluted the Alogal Base and the leafy acetal yet.

Edit: No parcel today. Again. Tracking said it will arrive, but it seems they didn't even try to deliver.. It took longer anyway as the lavender absolute was in production and not yet ready and bottled. One oil is still missing, as it is in production as well (but I wouldn't need it for this game). And now DHL seems to have problems though the sender is near me, if I had a car (and time during their business hours) I could get there within 35 to 45 minutes... DHL seems to need 4+ days -.-
    Last edited by NebelGeÓst; 27th April 2017 at 06:15 PM.

Picked up the parcel today. Wow, the cannabis eo is strong and very authetik smelling. While the lavender absolute is surprisingly mild in its scent. And showing much more coumarinic aspects that I ever experienced with the living plant itself, not in France, not in Hungary, not in Germany or elsewhere. I'll have to use more of the lavender oil than I thought. And the liquid gets even greener, as this absolute is almost as dyeing as the oakmoss absolute I got.
    Have to see how they smell in dilution but have to re-think the formulation that I got on paper so far.
    But with that much coumarin in the lavender absolute I can call my experiment a real fougŤre
    Last edited by NebelGeÓst; 28th April 2017 at 10:49 AM.

Loving all these brewing descriptions.

I haven't been paying much attention to mine as family are taking over my daylight hours but will get back to it soon.