Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    queen of the universe

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 20th March, 2017

The first day of spring can only mean Weil de Weil for me. kewart, Ivoire sounds like another green I should get to know. Happy vernal equinox, everyone! It's the Bite of Spring!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

Nice to see you Viffer, I hope things settle down favourably for you very soon!

I am welcoming spring with Cierge de Lune.

Mitsouko

Minister of Misfits

Lolita Lempicka's Fleur Defendue.
    "A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting" -- Christian Dior

Arbolé Arbolé by Hiram Green. Seems to get a lot of love on Basenotes so I wanted to try. Just put it on......

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Viffer, glad to see you again. Wishing for all to go well for you.

Back from a little weekend getaway to Cape May, New Jersey. A belated combination Valentine's Day and anniversary celebration. We stayed at the Queen Victoria Inn with period furnishings, hearty and delicious breakfasts, and daily afternoon tea. Just lovely. Saturday night we dined at the intimate and romantic Peter Shields Inn. Here's my better half with Yours Truly somewhat bedraggled thanks to a sudden rainstorm:

Yesterday we attended a wine tasting at the Cape May Winery. Afterward we partook of two of the excellent selections of the area (Riesling for him, white port for me) in front of the fireplace:

In between we went antiquing, played Scrabble, took a walk on the beach, and otherwise just lazed around. Lol, we are a couple of wildcats.

SOTD is Estée Lauder Sensuous. Wish you all a great start to your week.
    Last edited by tdem1961; 20th March 2017 at 04:28 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Coco by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Terry, that sounds like the perfect getaway

SotE - Josef Statkus EDP.

Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

Basenotes Institution

Egoiste by Chanel

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Equinox greetings, cuties. Feels like spring here.

Jon, yester's merchandise scene was unbelievable -- what glory!

Foxbins -- from garden to kitchen, we're counting on seeing what you've been up to.

Shades, your vacay sounds extraordinary. Boarding from NOLA is quite the launch.

How good of Mr. LizB to accommodate a fun sniffing day for you. I remember liking 1932, too. Yes, Mike and I share good feelies about Bel Respiro. It's one of those true one-of-a-kind scents. Wish I had Mike's memory for products. Last night I was mentally reviewing my wardrobe, thinking about gaps I'll try to fill sampling in Denver, and I had a hard time recalling frag names from my wardrobe. Maybe it was the late hour or relying too greatly on a tablet for everything lately, or not conversing about perfumes for a long time, but felt like I was having an extended senior moment blanking on names.

Tang, such a great story! Wish you could have secretly recorded the ewwing shopper. The clip you posted was fab.

Tdem! Looks like you know how to have a good time, too. Vacations, shopping, romancing -- so much fun.

Viffer, positive vibes to you. Muddle on!

My 2004 Guerlain With Love is starting to decline, even the heart notes are starting to break down, at least they are in this particular more empty-than-not bottle. Still have more socked away though.
    🍷 Do less, own less, say "no" more often.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Racer by Pacoma

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Jon, yester's merchandise scene was unbelievable -- what glory!
    Harrods perfumery in the early 1900s - ready when you are, folks

Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

Spice and Wood

Basenotes Plus

Leather Up by Phuong Dang

Mr. Idol BZ Parfums.

Got an urge for Penhaligon's Bluebell, so that's my scent of the evening.

Have a good night!

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon/evening, everyone! Today I'm all about vintage Chamade and more Chamade PdT.

It's nearly 90 freaking degrees outside . . . urghhh *moan* . . . .

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

You know my answer, Jon: Allons-y!

Basenotes Plus

Hi fragrant friends! Happy Spring to everyone!!!!!

Tdem, what a lovely weekend getaway! Sounds perfect and you both make beautiful couple! Thanks for sharing the enjoyable pics.
    (((Viffer,))) best of wishes, and stay strong and positive, as it sounds like you are!

Oh before I forget, *Thank you* for the additional birthday wishes last week—I didn’t get to check in again last week. I am convinced that some of the nicest people in the world are on this SOTD thread! (((teardrop, Quarry, ExtremeK))) thank you for your support and hugs.

(LizB ) I’m glad you had a nice bday shopping trip this weekend, too! And thank you for sharing your experiences and philosophy last week, as well. I know you were not implying such, but I have zero, ***absolutely zero regret*** related to any time or energy that I spend with my loved ones!!! Frankly, the mere notion is appalling to me, especially at a time like this-- I wish I could be there 24/7 and it causes me great stress and untold worry to be away and depression is a slippery slope. I will be bedside tomorrow and I am thankful for that opportunity. I won’t say anymore on the matter, but I think this is probably the part where I should heartily encourage everyone to hug a loved one and tell them that you love them, and cliché as that is, it’s likely a good idea. Anyway, it is spring and the cycles of life continue regardless of our tiny lives and feelings. Nature can seem so cruel, but can provide such comfort as well. (And I’m rambling. Sorry for the tangent!)

I do have to say, Quarry, I am soooooooooooooo excited for you and Whitefluffy!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!! It brought me a big smile the other day when I read your news!!!! O.M.G. You gals are going to have so much fun as roomies, I just know it! Two of my favorite BNers together! I wish I could come to your party! I promise I wouldn’t crash it! lolololol…

Jon, the pics yesterday were to die for!
    tang, that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!
    I notice that we have two lovely hyacinth scents here today, and that seems perfect for spring! ( [B]Kiliwia [/B ]and thediamondsea, you both smell fabulous!!!) In fact, I finally am getting around to posting the mini Hyacinth pass that Mike is helping me host. Check it out! I hope there will be interest. It is just two scents, Tauer's limited edition Hyacinth and A Mechanic, and Bluebell!

Today I am enjoying Rose Splendide and Burberry for women, as inspired by Bavard over on the rose pass, and twinned, (at least partially) with PL today too!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Thank you all for the kind words. I sold my house in London and got a tidy profit so, Economically speaking, I have never been better. My personal life still needs a little work to get it back in balance... I'm nearly there.
    Best wishes to you all.

Basenotes Institution

Viffer - oh good for you & you were missed, welcome back
    Cestrum - ((waving and bear hugs))

I went to ULTA for lunch & bought my Mother In Law her birthday presents (Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc and Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bulgari)...one bottle from me and one bottle from her son, my BF. I was with her, shopping, when she first smelled these and instantly liked them. So that made it super easy. I'm having them shipped to her, as her b'day is Sunday (she lives in Orlando) - so while I was there I doused my arms in:

Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bulgari

I remember first smelling this one in Puerto Rico - when my ex and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan - the bath products were from Bulgari and it was this scent - a nice, clean, harmless pepper/musk thing. And Quarry...don't you like (or own) this one also? ((memory straining...lol))
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Yes, Mike, right again.
    I wish you could reprise your role as "floor dispenser" of samples for Denver. You seemed to know the contents of every vial and suggested who might appreciate them.
    Some day we'll have that ultimate BN PJ party -- and cestrum will be there, too.

The power of bleu

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today. It was a good choice! It's too warm here again, but supposed to be cooler tomorrow. It feels like we skipped Spring!

Viffer, nice to see you ... sorry times have been tough, hopefully that is all behind you now!

Terry, your trip sounds so nice and so romantic! I bet it was hard to come home!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu