Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    The power of bleu

Default Re: Tauer Hyacinth and A Mechanic, + Bluebell, Indigo, & Blue Hyacinth Mini Sample Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

Were these samples originally parafilmed/taped?
    Yes, the samples had parafilm when I received ... however, I do not have any on hand so they were sent on without parafilm. I did report to cestrum that the Blue Hyacinth was low when I received and when I sent it out. I tried to use very sparingly. I'm sorry that it leaked ... I do think you are correct that the Nordstrom vials are prone to leakage.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Freed from BN Institution

Default Re: Tauer Hyacinth and A Mechanic, + Bluebell, Indigo, & Blue Hyacinth Mini Sample Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm sorry that it leaked ... I do think you are correct that the Nordstrom vials are prone to leakage.
    The Nordstrom and Sephora plastic atomizers are the worst kind of atomizers to use for either storing for the long term or for shipping. They have the highest chance for leakage, evaporation, plastic contamination, air exposure, and spoilage.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

Unfortunately, the nordstrom vial had leaked when I got it.
    I wrapped it as tightly as I could with parafilm when I sent it on, but hindsight 20/20, I ought to have included some extra.

I've enjoyed reading/following the pass. I'm still tempted to find a bottle of Bluebell.

The power of bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post

I've enjoyed reading/following the pass. I'm still tempted to find a bottle of Bluebell.
    Bluebell has been calling to me too! I had it in and out of my shopping cart probably ten times last weekend. (Fragrancenet had good prices, BTW)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

04/04: Penhaligon's Bluebell

I was hit by a bold opening of strong fresh florals led by the hyacinth, very clean and refreshing. I couldn't pick up on the other florals such as rose, cyclamen, and jasmine. I was able to identify the lily of the valley later on in the second wearing. The floral opening started to tone down pretty quickly after an hour or so after application and from that point I was able to pick up on some of the spices in the base such as the cloves and cinnamon. It's a nice pleasing floral although I'm not sure if I would reach for it if I had a bottle.

This is my second favorite from the group with Mechanic in the lead and Indigo and Blue Hyacinth in the back.

Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 30th June 2017 at 07:01 AM.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Package has been mailed out to Mike.

I hope in the future that everyone can wrap up samples with parafilm or some kind of tape like how I did below:

IMG_2009.jpg
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 1st July 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks again to Cestrum for hosting this sample pass! Hard work and dedication deserves credit!

Also thanks to IsoESuperman and Whitefulffy for contributing samples to this pass!

Basenotes Institution

I got the package from N.Cal!

I'll retest all of these again & post some more impressions in the days ahead.

Anyone see any bottles of the Tauer for sale on eBay or elsewhere?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Wearing Bluebell, and I'm headed to Cross Fit lol. This is the 3rd (or 4th) wearing. Each time I've liked it better than the last.

The spice is more evident to my nose now (which I love) and I can see how a spicy hyacinth (like this and the Tauer) is more appreciable than a non-spicy one like the Jo Malone.

Overall wearing this makes me want to smell real hyacinths in nature. A strong urge to be in nature, perhaps, is how it can be described.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing Bluebell, and I'm headed to Cross Fit lol. This is the 3rd (or 4th) wearing. Each time I've liked it better than the last.

The spice is more evident to my nose now (which I love) and I can see how a spicy hyacinth (like this and the Tauer) is more appreciable than a non-spicy one like the Jo Malone.

Overall wearing this makes me want to smell real hyacinths in nature. A strong urge to be in nature, perhaps, is how it can be described.
    I like the spicy hyacinth theme too, Mike. Something about real hyacinths comes across as having a piquant facet, so adding a little extra to it in perfume form seems to compliment the main florals nicely.

So you're one of the "crossfit first thing in the morning" maniacs huh? Good for you! The best I can muster is a run, but most often it's usually just walking my dog

Basenotes Institution

I was thinking the same thing Isoesuperman - maybe real hyacinths, in nature, have a bit of that same spicy aroma...kind of like carnations do?

Yep! 7:00 am Cross Fit. It's dreadful, but I always feel better afterwards. It's not easy in Miami (it's so hot), with a bunch of shirtless guys and ripped girls who are half of my age with all of that energy...but hey! I want to look good when I get out of the shower!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Junkie

Omg, so happy that Bluebell is such a hit!!!! AND... it is available rather affordably on Fnet!

N Cal, thank you for your wonderful reviews! I was amazed at your alacrity! You are becoming quite the expert with these passes! I'll be back again and write more later! So much to chat with you all about!!!!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Basenotes Institution

So WTH I am wearing the Tauer to Cross Fit this morning. I am pretty sure if someone gets a whiff of me they'll just think I was changing the oil on my car this morning.

There is spice in this one too but you have to wade through several minutes of 'mechanic' for it to even appear.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Junkie

Hi again! I'm sorry for the absence, just wanted to post a bit more!

Mike and IsoE, I think you guys nailed it on the spicy aspect of the fresh hyacinth bloom! I think one reasons it has such character is due to this in addition to the sweet green sappy aspects of the scent.

N.Cal, I loved your reviews! And it is so interesting that H&aM was evocative of gardening or yard-work gloves for you! Once you said that, I immediately knew what you were talking about! Leather gloves with all of the past traces of sap, dried leaves, earth and a bit of everything else is a wonderful scent! I wonder if Demeter does a gardening glove scent? They should! lol!

Also happy that Bluebell ranked up there in your preferences, N.Cal! Personally, I love it so much that I never really understood the negative reviews or comments about it! It's so fascinating how it can smell just fine to some noses, but can be so overly sharp with cloves or too green for others! And even more interesting that it can create a bad impression at first, like it did with Mike, but still provide enough to compel further exploration of the scent! I am still just tickled that Mike had such a 180 (or close) experience with it!

It really seems like Indigo and Blue Hyacinth were the least popular in the sampling group, but for opposite reasons. Indigo is a potent and very unique scent, and that is generally a common combination found in polarizing fragrances. However, here we also saw the other extreme, wherein the calm and quiet of Blue Hyacinth came across as boring and fleeting.

Thank you all for your participation! It has been so much fun for me to read your wonderful impressions and reviews!!! I wonder if we will hear from Jaysin at all... :{ I'll PM him and see how he is doing.
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Hello friends, does anybody else need more Hyacinth to sample? from Tauer

I received my samples a few weeks ago. Hyacinth smelled amazing, and that response IS NOT triggered by the scarcity of the perfume. It left a spicy impression, and it was just un-describable in general. Not floral in a femme way, more of a masculine floral, if I may.

The other hyacinth samples in the package were absolutely more on the femme side of the scale. I liked the Penhaligon's one a-lot, though.

I liked Tauer's Hyacinth & a mechanic so much in fact, I bought a full bottle of it. Amazingly, incredible, fascinating, unique, fragrance I might add.

I'd like to add, anybody who want's to trade samples, Please pm me, maybe or maybe not we can iterate, and fashion some kind of neat deal out.

Respectfully,
    -Jason

Thank the stars for basenotes!!
    Currently wearing: Feuilles Vertes by Creed

Basenotes Institution

Where did you find a full bottle of Hyacinth And A Mechanic Jaysin5506? eBay?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Bumping this old thread to say that I just heard that Demeter is releasing Hyacinth. Can't wait to smell it.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5