Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar

Default Tauer Limited Edition “Hyacinth and A Mechanic” plus Penhaligon's Bluebell Mini Sample Pass

Tauer Limited Edition “Hyacinth and A Mechanic” plus Penhaligon's Bluebell Mini Sample Pass

Last November, Andy Tauer toured a number of perfume shops around the States and brought with him a limited edition fragrance, available only to those who went to the event that day—Hyacinth and A Mechanic. Luckily for me, I was able to visit Scent Bar and purchase a bottle, as well as enjoy a lovely chat with Andy.
    This is the event with a brief description of the scent:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/11/16...nd-a-mechanic/

I have shared decants with some close BN friends and it was well received by all. One of my BN pals, Mikeperez23, liked it so much that he wanted to start a thread on it, so we decided to do a sample pass and spread the fun around a bit more.

Details:

- I’ll donate two vials of Hyacinth and A Mechanic, and just to have another hyacinth to compare with, I will throw in Penhaligon’s Bluebell as well so folks get to have two different takes on hyacinth, one very modern and creative, and one that is a traditional soliflore.

- In past sample passes, 3-4 people have been able to sample from a vial. These both seem potent enough to provide for that number, but let’s start with a sampling group of six, with three people per group. If there is more interest and enough left of the sample, maybe we can have another person join. (If there are already six people and you are interested too, please post here as well and we can add you tentatively as a fourth participant in the group.) I am not averse to adding a third sampling group if there is interest to warrant it, but I do want to mail out everything on the same day so we would need close to 9 people out of the gate, ideally.

- Let's allot about 5-7 days for the sampling per person and try not to hold on to the samples for longer than that before passing them along. I don’t want folks to feel rushed to sample or stress about mailing things, but in the interest of keeping the thread alive, please try not to dawdle. If there is any issues arise during your sampling period.

- Post any impressions on this thread. We like discussion, and this very unusual scent seems to ask for exploration of interdisciplinary topics! Actually, even the Penhaligon’s elicits varied reactions, so hopefully we will have fun discussing these.

- I'm posting on the Female Fragrance Discussion forum, but anyone is welcome!

- USA only, due to various restrictions on shipping perfume.

To Join:

- You must have at least 50 posts and have been a member of BN at least one month as of today, March 20th.
    - You agree to mail the samples to the next participant in a timely manner using adequate packaging and a tracking number. (I will package it nicely, and if one is careful opening it, the original packaging should suffice to send things along to the next person, unless USPS really damages things…)

And, for those who may have their own bottle(s) or sample(s), please feel free to join in if you wish! The more the merrier.

By the way, Andy Tauer created something similar to this scent about ten years ago and sent it around to some bloggers and aficionados. I have a bunch of links that I will add in a later post.

***ALSO: PLEASE NOTE that Mike and I are kind of busy right now, so if there is a bit of a lag time in our responses, please, please do not be discouraged or offended. We are both very, very excited to share and discuss and wish to welcome you!

And for those interested in starting sample passes, here is an absolutely wonderful and informative blog entry by super member and sample pass hostess extrordinaire, 30 Roses.

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/201...p-for-Perfumes

And a great post on packaging samples, too:

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/202...-Avoid-Mishaps
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Tauer Limited Edition “Hyacinth and A Mechanic” plus Penhaligon's Bluebell Mini Sample Pass

I'm in!

Default Re: Tauer Limited Edition “Hyacinth and A Mechanic” plus Penhaligon's Bluebell Mini Sample Pass

I've never smelled the Tauer, so I'd be happy to participate if there is space.

Oops, cancel my original sentence about the Penhaligon, i was confusing hyacinth with narcissus. Anyway, another (brief) hyacinth is Paco Rabanne Metal (which I have)

cacio

Always be smelling

I am a career sampler so I am in.
    Currently wearing: Eau Mage by Diptyque

Basenotes Institution

I didn't know I liked hyacinth so much until I smelled this one.

I'm excited to hear what you gals/guys think about it.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Just thinking...De Profundis and Mito both have Hyacinth accords...

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I have half a dozen hyacinth plants blooming in my house at the moment. Beautiful stuff.

If I lived in Portland or LA, I would have most definitely liked to pop in while Andy was in town for a sniff. I'd be happy to be one of nine if there is room left

Basenotes Institution

Real hyacinth smells so damn good. It's right up there with osmanthus. Sometimes certain ones smell a bit lily-ish (which I do not like) but most of the others I've smelled are in a class by themselves
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle