Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I tried Straight to Heaven Extreme (deserves its own thread)

Quote Originally Posted by cc1987 View Post
    if its too similar, is this just another money maker?
    IMO, Extreme is very similar but better. I think buying both would be redundant for sure. I would only want one of the other. I think the Extreme version amps what is really good in the original, which is why they are so very similar to each other.
    Currently wearing: Voyage by Nautica

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Having tried this back in March, thought it was really nice and refined. If I collected this house, it would be a sure buy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

All 3 versions are excellent imo.

How much are you paying for 100ml stateside?

Quote Originally Posted by smellsliketeenspirit View Post
    How much are you paying for 100ml stateside?
    Where is 100 ml available? I don't see it on the Kilian website.

I was told by Kilian personnel in New York a year or so ago that they no longer make the 100 ml refill bottles. However, 100 ml Kilian bottles are all over eBay, so I've never been sure what to make of the Kilian representative's claim.
    Basenotes sales: 18.21SweetTobacco, TiffanyforMenConcen, de Bachmakov, Atelier PomeloParadis & VetiverFatal, St James of London, TiffanyforMen mini, 17 CubaParis frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, ReyaneInsurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I tried this at the Indianapolis Saks today. And I'm happy to say that this passed the sniff test with flying colors. (My wallet is a different story.)

This is still instantly recognizable as Straight to Heaven... you can't mistake the Extreme for other scents. The rum opening is still there, but the big changes are in the drydown. Again, no mistaking it for anything but Straight to Heaven, but the extra vanilla makes it richer and the sillage lasts longer than the original. The disappearing sillage of the original, the part I hated the most by far, is replaced by consistent sillage.

Overall, proof that even all-time favorites can be remastered with phenomenal results while keeping the core DNA of the original fully intact. If anyone had doubts about whether the Kilian brand would be just as good under Estée Lauder as it was as an independent, it's time to throw those doubts out the window because Kilian just produced the best flanker ever. And having met Kilian himself nine years ago plus knowing a former Estée Lauder exec, I had full confidence that Kilian Hennessy would keep the integrity of his brand intact.

Summary: The original was my favorite fragrance of all time. The key word is "was": This is the new favorite, improving it in the very few areas that needed improvement. I have a sample for a full-body wear as well. If it passes that, I'll get a bottle of the Extreme as a gift to myself for my promotion and give my bottle of the original to a longtime friend that loves it.

And as a Mad Man, double the booze and vanilla is only fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    STH is also my all time favorite, I'm glad to hear you like Extreme. Personally, I was hoping it'd be more or less exactly identical as my only complaint was the horrendous performance, so I'm disappointed to hear some saying it's decidedly sweeter or even cloyingly sweet compared to the original. In any case I'll have to try for myself, obviously, but I wanted to ask, is the woodsiness still present in Extreme?

Consensus seems to be that it's toned down. In reality, with this scent I only get the rum + cedar note, which to me is just perfect, I can vividly see the wooden casks and it gives an otherwise unisex scent an ever so slightly more masculine edge. If the cedar is muted, it'll be a real shame, to me anyway. I might just have to settle for STH with perpetually awful performance.
    Last edited by Hermitage; 12th August 2017 at 02:47 AM.

The only difference I'm aware of is better longevity. Otherwise, same overall smell.

But I don't get poor longevity from my regular STH. I think it's one you lose the ability to smell over the course of the day. If you go back the next day and smell your shirt, you can definitely smell it, and it's even rather strong.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 11th August 2017 at 11:50 PM.
    Basenotes sales: 18.21SweetTobacco, TiffanyforMenConcen, de Bachmakov, Atelier PomeloParadis & VetiverFatal, St James of London, TiffanyforMen mini, 17 CubaParis frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, ReyaneInsurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

The extreme is amazing!!!

Again I have yet to sample this one, (would consequently appreciate suggestions for a good place to acquire one, doesn't seem to be on the usual sites yet), so I feel silly commenting any further, but I have a feeling Extreme is going to be very close to Zeromolecole's Geco.
    Last edited by Hermitage; 12th August 2017 at 03:32 AM.