Code of Conduct

Default Current Aramis Tuscany = weak??

Pulled out my bottle (circa last year, Gentlemens Collection) and sprayed on a liberal amount - 6 to chest, one each on inside of elbows - and couldn't smell much at all as the day progressed. Bad batch or the reform stinks? What are your experiences? I like the smell but gosh is it weak.

don't deceive with belief

Default Re: Current Aramis Tuscany = weak??

It's not strong, but it's not that weak either. Somewhat muted after first 2-3 hours. 8-10 sprays work fine.

Once I did get a bottle of Havana that was very weak, and I returned that bottle. I've never come across any other bottle of Havana like that one any time before or after.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
    What are your experiences?
    My experience the few times I tried it - like yours - pretty weak.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

HI Nizzy. I have been an aramis classic fan for decades. Received a gift set--cologne and after shave --last year as a gift. It seems weak to me and doesn't last or project like in the past. Not even close. I called Estee Lauder a few days ago, and the corporate office confirmed to me that Estee Lauder no longer makes aramis. I am wondering if that is why it just doesn't seem the same. I too could have gotten a bad batch, and perhaps whoever is making aramis classic is doing it right. Disappointed with it though. I wonder if Estee Lauder no longer makes Tuscany either. My question referred to aramis classic. Hope this helps.

Owning the current (or at least a recent) version of this one, getting about 4-6 hours of moderate projection with the one and an upper limit of longevity of about 8-9, even 10 hours as a skin scent, albeit if over-spraying, indeed needing about 8-10 sprays to achieve this kind of performance/strength

Funny coincidence. I was at a local store called Beals Outlet today and found Tuscany in the 3.4 oz for $12.99. I once wore this a ton, so I bought it.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Funny coincidence. I was at a local store called Beals Outlet today and found Tuscany in the 3.4 oz for $12.99. I once wore this a ton, so I bought it.
    Chuck, that is a heck of a deal. At that price if you need a few extra sprays who cares.

Saw this at Macy's last weekend. I remember someone mentioning it in my 80s Cologne thread. Anyway, I sprayed on the sample card and instantly liked the old school scent. I recently tried vintage Trussardi Uomo, and while not the exact same, it had, what I would consider, a similar, classic 80s style. But after awhile the fragrance changed on the card and it became something completely different. Anyways, I plan on going back to spray it on my wrist and see how it turns out. But that initial blast of the top notes was so nice.