Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: The official Ralph Lauren Polo Green thread

Some of the conversations here have also stated that the last few years the formulation has gotten better than it was in the early to mid 2010's.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Wish I had known, wouldnít have sent it back the bottom of the bottle also looked different. I have two other 2018 bottles with the standard tall sprayer so it confused me. Imo the new style cheapens the look of the bottle and the reformulation doesnít sound promising.
    Photos of the new bottle are so thin on the ground I could only find this one photo online. The bottle also no longer has the older style push on lid but clicks shut instead.

E1B5B41E-C5BA-4481-B0B5-97B52BE09533.jpg

The scent isnít bad but they should have changed the name to reflect this modern-era freshy take on the classic.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by common scents View Post
    How close to vintage Polo does TF Vert des Bois smell? Itís been over 20 years since Iíve enjoyed vintage Polo and I can imagine them being very similar.
    Completely different scents.

Quote Originally Posted by common scents View Post
    How close to vintage Polo does TF Vert des Bois smell? Itís been over 20 years since Iíve enjoyed vintage Polo and I can imagine them being very similar.
    I've never tried TF Italian Cypress but some have said in other threads that it smells somewhat similar to vintage POLO.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I've never tried TF Italian Cypress but some have said in other threads that it smells somewhat similar to vintage POLO.
    If only that was true. While they both share fairly similar fresh green starts they quickly go separate ways. Floris 1962 came closer to the mark than the Tom Ford IMO but at the end of the day, nothing comes close to vintage Polo. Thatís why I decided to just grab the vintage whenever one makes an appearance on eBay/ sales boards.
    ď...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.Ē - Robin Sharma
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    If only that was true. While they both share fairly similar fresh green starts they quickly go separate ways. Floris 1962 came closer to the mark than the Tom Ford IMO but at the end of the day, nothing comes close to vintage Polo. That’s why I decided to just grab the vintage whenever one makes an appearance on eBay/ sales boards.
    I went digging through my parents' house over the weekend trying to find the old bottles of Polo and Chaps that my Dad use to wear. To no avail. They must have thrown them out at some point. All he had was a bottle of Brut. Wide glass bottle with a plastic silver cap that had some kind of design on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Photos of the new bottle are so thin on the ground I could only find this one photo online. The bottle also no longer has the older style push on lid but clicks shut instead.

The scent isnít bad but they should have changed the name to reflect this modern-era freshy take on the classic.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post

...and so the moral of the story boys and girls is when in doubt choose the fire hose.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post

...and so the moral of the story boys and girls is when in doubt choose the fire hose.
    At least it is easy to spot the new reformulation with this fragrance. Time to add more fire hose ones, not that with the strength of Polo one would need a large stash! These bottles are also marked as Made In France with smaller stickers whole package looks fraudulent and dollar store quality LOL.

All right. It's not that drastic. Lol. I prefer the larger spray as well, but.....just....calm your man titties, guys.

Also, this must be super recent because I just got a bottle four months ago and it still has the large sprayer. And the samples at Macy's and Kohl's are both still the larger sprayer.