Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Has Anyone Ever Purchased in Person at Guerlain in Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    That was last year - I revived an old thread. Think Sam's saying upthread that they're now €70 or €80 with a fancier atomiser. I'll report back.
    Exactly. The cheaper option has been quietly phased out, alas.

I've never heard of 20ml samples being given out, even with large purchases. Perhaps if you're spending thousands, but otherwise you'll be lucky to get a few minis of Mon Guerlain. When I bought Habit Rouge there they gave me some samples of ... Habit Rouge *sigh*. Not very inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Hi Saminlondon, hope you are well. You might be able to tell us if the free engraving on bottles is still done on a Saturday in the main Guerlain store. It’s a fabulous store but while waiting for engraving of my bottles it can get dangerous as my fiancé always believe in the Moscow rule of shopping and finds other things we love. Also Sam where is the new Guerlain in Rue st honore as the old one is now a LV jewellery ( how they manage two in place de vendome and the flagship store I don’t understand) shop with the big gold disc with rays on the outside. Thanks very much in advance. Didn’t see it last time I was there as Madame Colette had announced she was closing and there was a huge wait for the Breydo perfumes created for her store and stock was taking a long time to get to people waiting for them.

Prefer to stop near in rue st honore as that street is so close to so many perfume shops, and also across from hotel Costes is Ilias Lalaounis which often has lovely pieces that sell out very quickly in Greece.
    The new Guerlain boutique is just a few doors down from the old corner site, but on the rue St-Honoré heading east towards Goyard. Don't get caught out by Google or even the Guerlain website, which obviously hasn't been updated yet.

I'm afraid I haven't much experience of the engraving service: last time I used it on rue St-Honoré it was very quick but I imagine No. 68 gets busy on Saturdays. I'd be happy to call and check if you like.

Basenotes Plus

������
    Last edited by Sea Roses; 23rd February 2018 at 02:07 PM.
    'When asked what dowry the spartan girl was providing to the noble spartan warrior marrying her, the poor girl said: "my fathers common sense" '.
    Twitter. Evgenia Milena Vrettos@perfumeithaki

Anyone knows what's the price on those 20 ml travel size bottles as of now in their Paris store? Still cheap or they're more expensive and in fancier bottles?

If you are talking about the 20ml brownish colour bottles, they are not for sale. They are house samples given away to customers who purchase a great deal of fragrance. Even if they were for sale, you are always pay more per ml the smaller the bottle size. So, yes, a 20ml bottle may be much less expensive than an 100ml bottle, but you pay more per ml for the 20ml bottle than you would do for the 100ml bottle. I hope that answers your question.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Basenotes Plus

They do sell the 20 ml bottles, as I have purchased a few.

Last time I bought one, it was around $40 USD, but I am certain the dollar has lost its value since then.
    Currently wearing: Brosse by Slumberhouse

Oh, well that is good to know. I wish they had them available here in the U.S.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

I haven't seen how the bottles look, I've only heard on youtube and read on basenotes that at the Guerlain boutique you can buy 20 ml travel atomizers for something like 20 or 30 euros. I wanted to know more and updated information from someone who really knows what's up with this 20 ml travel atomizers.

Basenotes Plus

I'll look thru my pictures today and see if I have any photos of mine.

Currently wearing: Brosse by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Plus

€55 per travel size these days

So 20 ml travel atomizers can be bought for 55 Euro. Is it only L'art et la matiere ot Les Déserts d'Orient or others as well?
    Wanted to know the options in case a friend goes to Paris...

Basenotes Plus

Psebi, as far as I know, it's only the L'Art et Matiere series that's available in travel size format, not the Les Desert d'Orient series and not the other exclusives (but I'd be delighted to be corrected if that's not the case!)

Thank you, Claire, for the clarifications.