Code of Conduct
o

Default Polo Blue EDT vs Polo Blue EDP

I'm trying out Polo Blue EDP right now and have to admit it's pretty good. I've been wearing it for an hour so not sure on longevity. Anyone have experience with both? What are your opinions? I'm sort of leaning towards liking the EDT a bit better as I prefer the opening.

Default Re: Polo Blue EDT vs Polo Blue EDP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    I'm trying out Polo Blue EDP right now and have to admit it's pretty good. I've been wearing it for an hour so not sure on longevity. Anyone have experience with both? What are your opinions? I'm sort of leaning towards liking the EDT a bit better as I prefer the opening.
    I strongly prefer the EDP. I know some say they morph into the same thing after different openings but I disagree. There was always something in the opening and mid of the EDT that was scratchy to me and really gave me trouble. The EDP smooths that out and I've gotten great longevity from the samples I've worn
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Haven't smelled the edp, but I'm wearing the edt today and enjoying it. It's been a while since I've worn this one. Good stuff!
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Tom Ford Fougere D'argent
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Do you have an older bottle or a more recent one? I've heard that the EDT has been reformulated. How's longevity and sillage for you?

Do you have an older bottle or a more recent one? I've heard that the EDT has been reformulated. How's longevity and sillage for you?
    I have an older bottle which I've had for a very long time. I put it on at 6 this morning, it's after 11 now and it's still going strong. I've never had any problems with longevity or projection.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Tom Ford Fougere D'argent
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Default Polo Blue EDT vs Polo Blue EDP

The edt is one of my favorites mainly because of the great memories it reminds me of. I like the brightness and youthfulness of it. I don't care for the edp because I think there are far better options for the direction it tries to go.
    Last edited by bartholomew; 15th April 2017 at 10:33 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

IWhat are your opinions?
    Have only tried the EDT, but didn't like it. I imagine the EDP is similar, so didn't give it a second thought.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I wore the EDP yesterday. I like it and it is long lasting on me.
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

Basenotes Plus

Both are pleasant enough but equally mediocre. Performance-wise, the edp has an edge over the edt.

Didn't care enough to buy a full bottle of either, but prefer the smell of the EDP and it lasted longer on me
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Incense Oud
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Layton / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Baccarat Rouge 540
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

Blog Entries

EDT smells so boring, generic, and even a bit dated. Just retried it again from a sample a few weeks ago. Still yet to try the EDP.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

The EDP is nice, maybe a tad bit more modern but I still prefer the EDT.. I once owned a bottle of the EDT which was bought when Polo Blue was first released back in 2002 I believe.. I just love the contrast of the fresh notes & the beautiful suede in the EDT.. I am not sure how the current EDT compares to the EDP but the bottle that I owned was spectacular! It smelled amazing!

I have a bottle of the EDT from around 2005. I like this fragrance and probably don't wear it enough. The bottle is permanently in my beach home wardrobe, because I associate it with the ocean and being out on our boat. I've never had any issues with the performance.

Blog Entries

Polo Blue EDT is pretty good. It is a semi-green aquatic. I haven't really tried the EDP formulation but honestly after using Red Intense, the EDP for Polo Red, I'd rent buying the EDP. Polo Red Intense is light to me after a decent open. If you are worried about performance, maybe buy Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua. If you really are cheap, Walmart has a good quality clone I use called Classic Match. It's a kind of inbetween a Polo bottle mixed with an Eternity Men bottle but with an Eternity like top. It's about $7.98 for 2.5oz/75ml but lasts pretty good and can easily trick those that don't pick out every single note.

Has anyone had any issues with Polo Blue Parfum? I read here and there that longevity was poor, and when I tried a tester bottle at the store it lasted less than an hour on my skin.

However, the little sample vial I got the other day lasts for around 3-4 hours, maybe more, with just one tiny spray.

I think the EDP is a great fragrance. It's like Acqua di Gio but with a more masculine edge without being cloying or heavy like AdG Absolu.
    I want to get the Polo Blue EDP but I don't want to spend a c-note on something that lasts for only an hour.

And by the way, I think the EDP is the better fragrance. The original EdT is nice and definitely smoother than Cool Water and Polo Sport, but it's also less exciting and a little boring these days. The EDP is modern without yelling like the other modern ambroxan blues.

the older bottles of the EDT were amazing but the new stuff not so much. it used to smell smooth & classy but the new formulation has this terrible scratchy quality to it.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

I'd say between the two, the EDP is better. But Blue Gold is even better!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Like and own the EDP and prefer it. The new perfume is wonderful and love the smell the most, but even though its supposedly a parfum, find it weak and fleeting.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Like and own the EDP and prefer it. The new perfume is wonderful and love the smell the most, but even though its supposedly a parfum, find it weak and fleeting.
    How much longevity do you get with it?
    I don't mind if it stays close to the skin but if I can't even get 5 hours out of it it's not really worth it for the price tag.

Freed from BN Institution

Both are okay although the EDP has better performance.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bois Noir by Chanel