Code of Conduct

Default does anyone here wear night caps or sleeping caps?

I'm not sure if this is weird for guys but my girlfriend told me she's going to start wearing them to not mess up her hair while sleeping. Do guys wear this too?
    I don't ever pay full price for a gift card, some of your favorite stores have gift cards selling for over 10% off. Buy them from Giftcard Granny:

https://www.giftcardgranny.com/secur...EE1m1EQQU3HMMR

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: does anyone here wear night caps or sleeping caps?

Obviously some men apparently do: https://www.headcovers.com/headwear/mens-night-caps/
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

No, don't wear them.
    I've only seen them used in old movies and such, but I'm intrigued how exactly do they work? If I mess up my hair in my sleep how would wearing a hat stop that?
    I'd still be rubbing my head against the pillow, blanket, teddy bear and all

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Very old fashioned thing. My granny wore a hair net, it was very big in the early 20th century but to the 70s with older women. Women did wear hair rollers too though, never the hair net on its own. Not sure it would even work with out those? Hey women used to nip to the shops wearing them too. LOL

I hope its not just a shower cap she will be wearing, as her head will sweat.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    LOL - that's awesome! Their slogan is hysterical too: "Be empowered. Be yourself"
    Who knew that night caps were a secret source of masculine empowerment?

I have - and I've tried two different brands. The sleeping caps are made of satin and provide 'slip' so that the hair remains smooth and untangled while one sleeps. You can buy and replace your pillowcases with silk or satin ones instead as an alternative.There are several reasons to consider a sleeping cap made of satin:

- cotton pillowcases are rough on hair, especially damaged hair. The material drains out oil and secretions from your face and moisture from your hair. While your scalp may feel gross and oily in the morning due to sweating while sleeping, it's the moisture from the hair shaft itself that gets sucked into your pillowcase.

- All the rolling back and forth tangles, breaks and damages hair. A sleeping cap prevents this as it's kept cocooned inside the cap and the satin material has 'slippage' that allows the hair to easily glide across the surface. You can also negate this effect with satin pillowcases.

- Hair is smoother and easier to style in the mornings.

When I had longer hair I wore sleeping caps to bed. Some styles I find they end up on the other side of the bed, or across the room, in the morning. Probably because I ripped them off while sleeping. The Long Hair Forums recommend brands like Stay on Satin and Maverick. There are more expensive 'posh' brands out there for sleep caps, upwards of $40 - just run away from those....cheap works well and some brands are better than the expensive ones. There are also plenty of Etsy sellers who will make special 'custom' patterned satin sleep caps. Most are marketed to ethnic hair and you may find them in those sections in stores and online.

Overall, I do recommend them. They helped me prolong the life of my longer, color damaged hair far longer than I expected.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Sisley 2 by Sisley

Now, I don't know what the purpose of a durag is, other than aesthetic. I've seen these sold in gas stations. Not a sleeping cap but I guess protects the hair too unlike a baseball cap.
    I don't ever pay full price for a gift card, some of your favorite stores have gift cards selling for over 10% off. Buy them from Giftcard Granny:

https://www.giftcardgranny.com/secur...EE1m1EQQU3HMMR

Never wore a sleeping cap but I actually find it interesting assuming it works. Style your hair the night before and wake up with extra time saved in the morning? Sounds great to me.

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Some men might wear large night caps to make up for wearing other, smaller articles.
    we have seen the enemy...and he is us.-Pogo