Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie Man Of The World's Avatar
    Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Default Help/Advice from those that have used ISO E Super ebay Version....

Arrived yesterday. Didn't want to take a chance on the Molecule 01 as it was far too much money.

How do you guys find this? Can others actually smell it? I put it on last night after a shower and for the most part I couldn't smell anything. Every now and again I got this heavenly smell then it vanished!

Also.....Is it advisable to mix with another scent as an enhancer??

Thanks!
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Default Re: Help/Advice from those that have used ISO E Super ebay Version....

...it's one of my favorites...on my wife! She mixes it often with Escentric 01...!
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 21st April 2017 at 01:42 PM.
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

It's all about the 'pheromones' wafting about-- well that is the gimmicky blurb behind this fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Man Of The World View Post
    Arrived yesterday. Didn't want to take a chance on the Molecule 01 as it was far too much money.

How do you guys find this? Can others actually smell it? I put it on last night after a shower and for the most part I couldn't smell anything. Every now and again I got this heavenly smell then it vanished!

Also.....Is it advisable to mix with another scent as an enhancer??

Thanks!
    That's pretty much my experience. I love the smell, but I go anosmic to it within seconds when I try to smell it up close.
    Try applying it well away from your nose (even chest is probably still too close).

I haven't tried layering it, but if I had some I guess I'd play around with putting down a base layer of iso e super and layering my other scent over it.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.

I wonder how women/men get anything done even as they're bombarded with these sensual wmd everywhere.

Iso E Super is like a drug. When you smell it you want more instantly. The more you are given the more you want. You can never have enough

The attraction of Iso E Super is universal. The appeal of most aromas is culturally determined. So while in one part of the world people like fruity scents, in another part of the world they don’t. But we’ve never found any culture anywhere that is not attracted to Iso E Super. That’s one of the cool things about this molecule

It just smells so unbelievably good. It has the sophistication of an aromatic wood, but then it also has an animalic note, something feral yet pure – like a touch of fresh sexy sweat exuding from clean skin and immediately evaporating into the air. There is nothing like it.
    http://www.escentric.com/blog/what-m...uper-so-super/

Sounds about right, along with a silky cedar note which is the more persistent smell. Its disappearing act is what ISO-E and Escentric 01 are known for, so everything in your description is spot on. I picked up a10ml decant of ISO-E on eBay about 3 years ago. I wasn't impressed however, and I have a feeling Escentric 01 has a little more to it than people are letting on. I'd like to try it, and may just pull the trigger on a bottle at some point.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Very fleeting has been my experience also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.