Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My first day with Interlude. (Bad comments)

Today was my first day with this beauty.
    I apllied very esrly in this cold day, was amazing drydown and so potent.

I used 4 sprays and lasted all day with awesome sillage.

My brother and a coworker didnt liked it....I absolutely recommend and enjoyed it, but its not very safe.

I like challenging scents, but this one is not for everyone.

Guys, what are in general reactions with this scent? Always bad comments?
    Thanks for sharing,
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: AdGio Profumo, Acqua e Zucchero Profumum Roma

Wishing: Beast mode fragances

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: My first day with Interlude. (Bad comments)

Maybe 4 sprays was a little too much.

I use 2, absolute max 3 at lower stomach and chest and I can enjoy it myself all day. If asked from someone near, they say it is nice. Usually all have been positive considering any comment, and they have been from female coworkers. One actually wanted me to write down the name of it so she could search one bottle for her husband.

Never have had any bad comments. And I've been wearing it quite much at work.
    Last edited by Herne; 21st April 2017 at 06:54 PM.

A few months ago an attractive woman was coming in the store while I was walking out. She complimented me immediately on this gem. As you mentioned, it's not for everyone.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The one or two times I tied it, comments from others were not negative in nature. Then again, not positive either. As usual when I wear fragrance, no comments at all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I use 3, 4 sprays usually from most of my fragrances but this one... just one spray and though I really like it, at the end of the day it can get too much for me too. My wife doesn't like it which doesn't help of course. I haven't worn it yet this year.
    If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch
    Currently wearing: Long Board by MiN New York

don't deceive with belief

Great fragrance, I go light with this one though - 5 sprays only.

Very multifaceted composition.

It's one of those that most people on the streets without exposure and experience will not be able to appreciate it.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

I think it could be a masterpiece - but WAYYY too much oregano - smells like a kitchen. However, my wife LOVES it on me.

4 sprays is way too much for this one. Maybe dial it down a bit. I can see how some might love it - and also how some would not - especially with 4 sprays in an office setting.
    Current Spring Favorites:
    1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    5. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    9. Creed - Green Valley
    10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

4 sprays?! Yikes. Interlude is crazy strong.

I wear 2 sprays in winter. 1 spray is plenty in spring. And my bottle is an old one that has the world's weakest sprayer. Seriously, the sprayer on my bottle barely puts out any juice, and yet, 1 spray is plenty except in winter when I wear 2.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Nio
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    Aqua Universalis
    1725 Casanova
    Original Vetiver
    Bergamote Soleil
    Millesime Imperial
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

I really dislike this one and find it obnoxious. I hate smelling oregano in a scent as it rubs me the wrong way.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    4 sprays?! Yikes. Interlude is crazy strong.

I wear 2 sprays in winter. 1 spray is plenty in spring. And my bottle is an old one that has the world's weakest sprayer. Seriously, the sprayer on my bottle barely puts out any juice, and yet, 1 spray is plenty except in winter when I wear 2.
    I agree with this.
    I've only worn it a couple times....an ill advised blind purchase that I'm hoping I warm up to eventually. As for now, the blue bottle looks nice on my shelf.

I don't know about reactions since mine was bad and didn't let me buy it. I can't go past the oregano and ashtray kind of incense. It's a beast and understandable the love for it. Just no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I really dislike this one and find it obnoxious. I hate smelling oregano in a scent as it rubs me the wrong way.
    It's funny a lot of people talking about the oregano. Some months ago I told about it and was almost cursed.

I own a 100 mL bottle of Interlude Man. I appreciate it for what it is, and its achievement, but I cannot wear it in public. It's even hard to wear around the house. Nothing to do with any particular note—I don't get any oregano—it's just too potent even at 1 spray. And I love strong scents.

Journey Man is the same way, but a bit more wearable. Actually, I think Journey Man is on-par with Interlude in terms of nuclear projection and sillage. Two sprays, too much.

Edit: The girlfriend is a frag head too, and we both love just about everything. Interlude gets the "it stinks" feedback, nothing else I own does.
    Last edited by jabar; 21st April 2017 at 09:17 PM.
    Currently wearing: Pi Air by Givenchy

DAAAAMMMMNNNNNN, 4 sprays??? You can kill someone with that many. Maybe 1-2 sprays will work better for you. Interlude is one of my favorites, but I can't do more than 1 spray. I also don't get the oregano like everyone else, pretty much just smoke, amber, and incense for me.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Amber Absolute
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

This is my longest lasting fragrance. One spray max for me. I like it, wife hates it. Last time I wore it she scrunched up her nose and asked me if I had eaten oregano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    This is my longest lasting fragrance. One spray max for me. I like it, wife hates it.
    Yeah, it's easily my longest lasting fragrance. Shower to shower, 24 hours minimum. From ONE SPRAY.

I love the stuff, but I give it a rating of 5 stars that look like this -->

I've gotten mixed reactions ranging from love and awe to "aw, hell no." ...which brings me to this comment from jabar:

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    I own a 100 mL bottle of Interlude Man. I appreciate it for what it is, and its achievement, but I cannot wear it in public. It's even hard to wear around the house. Nothing to do with any particular note—I don't get any oregano—it's just too potent even at 1 spray. And I love strong scents.
    I agree. I love Interlude, but I tend to only wear it for myself. When I want to smell good for somebody else, I always reach for something else. And that's A-OK with me. I do the same thing when I'm pouring myself a drink or making dinner or choosing what to do for the night. If it's just me, I'll do whatever I please. If I'm with somebody, I'll choose something we'll both love. Interlude is a Just For Me kind of scent. ...at least, that's what it is for me.

When I was first sampling Interlude, I thought the oregano was overwhelming. Then, one day... it just clicked with me. Instead of smelling like a kitchen spice, it seemed almost minty and herbal in a really nice wearable way. I don't even notice it anymore because there's so much more to the scent that draws me in.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Nio
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    Aqua Universalis
    1725 Casanova
    Original Vetiver
    Bergamote Soleil
    Millesime Imperial
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

You guys ever tried any attar?

You all go on saying it's too strong, and next Amouage waters down its stuff in order to appeal to a broader audience.

Come on .... it's a strong perfume but that's about it. Some of you make it sound like it's as strong as the stench from a garbage vat that hasn't been cleared in over a week.

Edit: Also, for what it's worth, Interlude Man (the current version) is no stronger than Givenchy Amarige or Portrait of a Lady.
    Last edited by freewheelingvagabond; 21st April 2017 at 11:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Interlude is unique and dark, and it can set off some alarms for caution in people's brains. Its people's natural instinct to be cautious around the something unknown that could be dangerous, which is afterall, the point of our sense of smell. For this reason, Interlude is the bad boy of fragrance, so enjoy it in that context.
    Last edited by NickZee; 21st April 2017 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Some of you make it sound like it's as strong as the stench from a garbage vat that hasn't been cleared in over a week.
    If I felt that way I would not have bought the bottle. However, that's close to the response I get in company.
    Currently wearing: Pi Air by Givenchy

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

I have to revisit it again soon. I don't quite loathe it at the level some have mentioned here, but find it a bit odd and very strong.

I'm in the camp that is pretty overwhelmed by the oregano.
    I don't particularly dislike the smell of oregano, but don't want to reek of it that strongly.

I haven't tried it, but pretty sure if I wore four sprays to work, it would cause some not so positive comments.

It was a semi blind buy... I sniffed it in store and went for it. Would not have bought if I test wore a few hours.
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    If I felt that way I would not have bought the bottle. However, that's close to the response I get in company.
    Most people don't have good taste in most things (books, music, film, art, food, fashion, perfume - you name it). These aesthetics need to be cultivated.

User of Toilet Water

I'm not sure what oregano smells like (I'm only familiar with dried oregano found on frozen pizzas, which I do hate the taste of) but I get nothing green or herbal from Interlude Man. It's dark, smoky, sweet, and resinous to me. I wear one spray to my chest and I can smell it all day long. I don't think fewer sprays will make someone who hates it change their mind, but it does make it less likely they will smell it in the first place. If someone has a psychological/emotional need for others to smell their fragrance and give them compliments then Interlude Man is probably best avoided.
    Currently wearing: Opus IV by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    When I was first sampling Interlude, I thought the oregano was overwhelming. Then, one day... it just clicked with me. Instead of smelling like a kitchen spice, it seemed almost minty and herbal in a really nice wearable way. I don't even notice it anymore because there's so much more to the scent that draws me in.
    You know the funny thing with the oregano: I used to smell it as a clear distinct note and now I can barely detect it, if at all.

And I used to get a sense of "red berries" in the drydown, but my brain now interprets this differently as "caramel" or some other type of sweetness. I get the colour "brown" and not "red." Fascinating stuff.

Interlude is a smell that I crave at times like an addict.

Returning to OP's question, I have never had bad comments only positive ones. There were one or two negative REACTIONS from people (a sense that they were trying to get away from me). I've also had people drawing closer! It's a love/hate, attraction/repulsion scent of polarisation!
    Currently wearing: Beloved Man by Amouage

There are potent fragrances that hugs the skin (attars?) and potent fragrances that perform like a foghorn if sprayed a little too liberally.

I would hate it too if I'm forced to smell a scent I don't enjoy from a co-worker and leaving office is not available as an option. That's the problem with wearing a scent that projects beyong 6 inches. Just because we enjoy it doesn't necessarily make it enjoyable for others.

As for taste? That's subjective. We may pride ourselves for having acquired good taste in fragrancewear but a lack of consideration for fellow co-workers will always be in poor taste.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 22nd April 2017 at 02:44 AM.
    Currently wearing: Rose Oud by By Kilian

Thanks guys for your comments, 4 sprays its too much maybe,....I will use 2,Ithink its ok.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFH View Post
    You know the funny thing with the oregano: I used to smell it as a clear distinct note and now I can barely detect it, if at all.

Interlude is a smell that I crave at times like an addict.

Returning to OP's question, I have never had bad comments only positive ones. There were one or two negative REACTIONS from people (a sense that they were trying to get away from me). I've also had people drawing closer! It's a love/hate, attraction/repulsion scent of polarisation!
    Me too, like an addict!!!

William Saroyan.

Interlude is a very dry, smokey, spicy incense that has a light sweet/musky base. I find it unique, but wouldn't wear it often. Light is the way to go.

I hate this one. Badly.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed