Code of Conduct

Default Fake Fahrenheit Absolute?

Hey guys,

Recently i acquired this fragrance from an online retailer and i was not skeptical at all since I've already purchased stuff from them in the past.

The fragrance came all wrapped up, nothing even slightly suspicious. Sealed on top, box looks genuine, so does the bottle.

But what kinda shocked me was the mismatch of batch codes on the box and bottle. Except that nothing really seems dodgy.
    The longevity seems good (+7 hours) on me at least. Codes state years 2011 and 2012.

So i really don't know what to think.

Did anyone ever had any similar experience?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: Fake Fahrenheit Absolute?

From your photos, it looks OK to my eyes. Haven't had a similar experience as I personally never pay attention to batch codes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Welcome!

The bottle and sticker on the base both look fine to me. I'm not sure why the batch codes don't match. Unfortunately I think I discarded my box a long while ago so I can't check if the codes match on mine. If the juice smells right and performs well, my guess is it is genuine.

Hmmm, that's odd...

Have you ever smelled this fragrance before? If so, how does your bottle compare?

My thinking is that it's probably ok, but we'll see if there are others chime in with any insight. I've only compared the batch codes on boxes and bottles with vintage scents that I've bought, but I haven't looked into newer releases.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

Unfortunately i never got the chance to try it out before.
    I do get a "dior quality", and on my clothes i can sense it for days literally.

Still it really puzzles me what happened with the codes.

I'm gonna try and contact Dior directly, hopefully they can shine some light on the whole situation and clarify.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yes, very odd. I've never seen a bottle/box code mismatch, but everything looks legit, otherwise.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Banned

It's real as the juice didn't sell enough to get faked. It just sat on most store shelves till it was discontinued. The mismatched batch codes is a bit weird though, could be a quality control issue although dior are usually very good at that.

Quick, maybe stupid question, but does the batch code actually tell you if your fragrance is authentic? Can't a counterfeiter put a batch code on their box/bottle? I'm just digging this up because I'm thinking of buying a bottle of Fahrenheit Absolute and am trying to find how how to tell if it is legit or not.

It was launched in 2009 and discontinued when?
    Last edited by RC.; 19th July 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

If the perfume works fine then you don't need to worry about anything else. Sometimes mistakes do happen I m glad you haven't had issues with the quality of the scent. Like Hednic, I never paid attention to batch codes, but from now on i will certainly do.