Code of Conduct
    don't deceive with belief

Exclamation Just a Heads Up - Avoid This

I had good experience with their face wash (the one marketed to men), so got this. This is extremely disappointing. Hardly any lather, and not much moisturising either.

On a different note, L'Occitane shaving creams are some of the best I've ever tried.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Just a Heads Up - Avoid This

Noted. Thanks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

I had good experience with their face wash (the one marketed to men), so got this. This is extremely disappointing. Hardly any lather, and not much moisturising either.

On a different note, L'Occitane shaving creams are some of the best I've ever tried.
    LOL Neutrogena shave cream is my absolute favorite for years. It isn't suppose to lather at all, it's a cream. A little goes a long way and for people with sensitive skin I have had zero skin issues. Leaves your face super smooth and hydrated but rinses off your skin without any residue. I have used many upon many and this is by far my favorite.
    Currently wearing: Beloved Man by Amouage

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a Proraso man and really don't deviate much with the exception of using Trumper's Eucris once in a blue moon.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Thanks for the recommendation, had a similar experience with the Vichy Men line (though only their shaving cream/foam, the other products were alright)

Blog Entries

IMG_0297.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DJChazzy View Post
    LOL Neutrogena shave cream is my absolute favorite for years. It isn't suppose to lather at all, it's a cream. A little goes a long way and for people with sensitive skin I have had zero skin issues. Leaves your face super smooth and hydrated but rinses off your skin without any residue. I have used many upon many and this is by far my favorite.
    I have it in my mans cave at all times! It did wonders to my face ever since I start using it few years back

I posted at Badger and Blade about five years ago that this one wasn't much good. Thanks for the reminder.
    Regards,
    Renato

In general, I avoid Neutrogena products. Few know this but the majority of their skincare products in particular are TRASH to say the least. Overly harsh ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, sulfates of any kind, parabens linked to disease, etc, etc.

I'm not one of those "natural ingredients are always better than manufactured/unnatural" types but I do my research and don't like what I see.

Haven't used this shaving cream but be wary of the ingredient lists. There are tons of resources out there.

Good tip overall.