Code of Conduct

Default Deodorants with alcohol

It's super hard to find a good deodorant that's made WITH alcohol and DOESN'T go on dry.

All the other one's don't last on me. So far Old Spice original or classic is working for me, but I was hoping for a different smell. Brut original doesn't quite last as long but is still better than non-alcohol based deodorants. Anyone know of other deodorants that go on clear but that also have alcohol in them? Thanks!

Default Re: Deodorants with alcohol

The old Dolce and Gabbana deodorant stick was soft (unlike all the hard non-alcohol ones), and its scent was about half the strength of the EDT - I've got three of these.
    I agree with you, the old sticks were more effective, thoughbthe downside was that if you didn't use them quickly, you might find that after years of sitting in a cupboard, they had shrunk away to uselessness.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th May 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Is there any reason you need a deodorant WITH alcohol? I haven't noticed any particular benefit in terms of strength compared to non-alcoholic solutions.

BTW not trying rile you up just generally curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    The old Dolce and Gabbana deodorant stick was soft (unlike all the hard non-alcohol ones), and its scent was about half the strength of the EDT - I've got three of these.
    I agree with you, the old sticks were more effective, thoughbthe downside was that if you didn't use them quickly, you might find that after years of sitting in a cupboard, they had shrunk away to uselessness.
    Renato
    Yeah, I found some old Old Spice Pure Sport sticks in in a cabinet and they shrunk a lot. But they smelled a lot better than the current ones being sold. Thanks for the heads up abotu the D & G but designer fragrance deodorants are a little out of my price range for regular use. If I get a chance though I'll try it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    Is there any reason you need a deodorant WITH alcohol? I haven't noticed any particular benefit in terms of strength compared to non-alcoholic solutions.

BTW not trying rile you up just generally curious.
    I've been using Old Spice Pure Sport for years, but recently it stopped working about mid-day for me and I'd start smelling. Before that stuff would last all day, even till morning. After some trouble shooting, I realized that just about all non-Alcohol based deodorants stop working for me by around 3-5pm.

So far Old Spice Classic Original Scent with alcohol seems to last most of the day. Anti-perspirants work the best, but I don't want to use them due to the supposed health concerns.

I forgot I had Speed Stick Musk and Ocean Surf, both with alcohol. They don't sting the pits like Brut or OS, but I'll try them out again and see how the performance is.

Do you guys normally put on deodorant just once a day, or is it common to be putting it on twice during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    Yeah, I found some old Old Spice Pure Sport sticks in in a cabinet and they shrunk a lot. But they smelled a lot better than the current ones being sold. Thanks for the heads up abotu the D & G but designer fragrance deodorants are a little out of my price range for regular use. If I get a chance though I'll try it out though.
    I wouldn't spend big on designer deodorant sticks, and I've never bought full price ones. Most of my designer ones either came in a gift set, or I paid A$5 for them when they were on sale - though the D&G ones cost me A$10.
    In the USA last year, I picked up two Donald Trump deodorant sticks at US$5 each. They aren't alcohol ones and don't have a big scent output, but they were extremely handy in stopping itchiness under my arms that my regular antiperspirants inexplicably started causing to me during my vacation.
    Regards,
    Renato

Dunno why, but I've been hesitant to buy those designer deodorants at the discount stores. I'm going to try those, especially in the scents I like, since that sounds like an alternative I've been looking for: smelling fresh without having to actually spray cologne on me. A nice compromise.

Dunno why, but I've been hesitant to buy those designer deodorants at the discount stores. I'm going to try those, especially in the scents I like, since that sounds like an alternative I've been looking for: smelling fresh without having to actually spray cologne on me. A nice compromise.
    Had any luck with the bargain designer sticks?
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Had any luck with the bargain designer sticks?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Sadly, I have not.
    I haven't been to the discount stores for awhile, which is the only place I find cheaply priced designer deodorants. I still plan on trying them out though.

In my quest for a nice smelling, long lasting deodorant with alcohol, I came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mennen-Speed-.../dp/B0002HLTFG

It's not the regular "fresh" Speed Stick, despite the name, and it's not the "Irish Spring" one either. It smells really good, like Polo or Drakkar Noir. Has an old school vibe to it.
    If I lather it on, it lasts a decent amount of time, but still not like the old days when deodorant would last into the morning.
    If you're a fan of men's fragrances from the '80s I would recommend trying this deodorant out.

Sadly, I have not.
    I haven't been to the discount stores for awhile, which is the only place I find cheaply priced designer deodorants. I still plan on trying them out though.

In my quest for a nice smelling, long lasting deodorant with alcohol, I came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mennen-Speed-.../dp/B0002HLTFG

It's not the regular "fresh" Speed Stick, despite the name, and it's not the "Irish Spring" one either. It smells really good, like Polo or Drakkar Noir. Has an old school vibe to it.
    If I lather it on, it lasts a decent amount of time, but still not like the old days when deodorant would last into the morning.
    If you're a fan of men's fragrances from the '80s I would recommend trying this deodorant out.
    I've got a Mennen stick somewhere in my collection. Mennen make great stuff. Their after shave splash (Skin Bracer) is fantastic - it actually soothes skin instead of stinging - and is pretty much as good as any balm. And their aftershave balms are great too.

Also, if you check the H&R Chart, Mennen Skin Bracer is listed as a Fresh Fougere from 1931 - and that chart only lists significant scents.
    Regards,
    Renato