Code of Conduct

Default Givency Play Intense & Givency Play Sport - fake or real, very strange situation

These both perfumes were bought from Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus by mum, first one is (black) earlier at airport as she said around 2010, second one she doesn't remember but later around 2014.
    http://imgur.com/a/XUOEe

Black one was smelling awesome, all girls I knew loved it, but white one feels cologne-ish to me. But can^'t be sure. And it feel watery inside bottle.
    They both have etiquettes under bottles plus serials, black one is 9T03. White one is 2N04. Black one also have bonus "5" written like its pressed into bottle. But white no.
    Black one says "Tester Not For Sale" in behind etiquette. White one doesn't even have etiquette.

I don't know why but black bottle has a feeling of originality in touch, especially cover. White feels bit cheaper quality comparing to black but not that much.

What do you think overall?
    As I already mentioned these are both coming from very unknown country (only recognized by Turkey) under embargo so products from even official governmental places are prolly leakage for cheap selling. I am pretty sure black one is real but testing product as I mentioned, noone would put testing etiquette to fake one.
    But still can't be sure about white.

Also, I am looking for similar not so expensive smells to black one, Givency Play Intense. Me and girls around me really loved its smell. I got lot of positive reactions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Givency Play Intense & Givency Play Sport - fake or real, very strange situation

The smells sound about right. In fact, Play itself is kinda weak next to the Intense, so I think describing the sport as "cologney" is perfect.

Play Intense is one of the strongest "intense flankers" out there. The coffeewood note is amped up many-fold, relative to Play.

I'm thinking they're real.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Givency Play Intense & Givency Play Sport - fake or real, very strange situation

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

I'm thinking they're real.
    Me too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you very much guys. I tried to use Play sport on napkin at night.
    After like 12 hours, I could still smell its odor. And there wasn't stain or color change on napkin.

After you comments and this experiment I also feel like they are both original. Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by withche.07 View Post
    Thank you very much guys. I tried to use Play sport on napkin at night.
    After like 12 hours, I could still smell its odor. And there wasn't stain or color change on napkin.

After you comments and this experiment I also feel like they are both original. Thank you very much!
    No problem! Enjoy your fragrance.

That is actually a good test you did there. Most fakes and knock-offs either smell bad or extremely wrong after several hours. That is often an excellent way to spot them.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines