Code of Conduct

Default Burberry Sport replacement?

Although it doesn't seem to get a lot of love as far as colognes go, Burberry Sport is one of my all time favorites. I've been milking my bottle of it for a while now and am having a hard time finding it locally.

Is it still in "production"? If not, what cologne is very similar to Burberry Sport?

I appreciate any and all help you can provide!

TripleB
    Current Favs: Versace Pour Homme, Pi by Givenchy, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Burberry Sport

Default Re: Burberry Sport replacement?

Readily available on the cheap on Ebay.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Probably that would be the best option to get it and as already mentioned at a very affordable price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Burberry Sport = a cheap quality clone of Dior Homme Sport 2008. So the DHS will be a good suggestion.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Burberry Sport = a cheap quality clone of Dior Homme Sport 2008. So the DHS will be a good suggestion.
    Almost this. Just don't know if I find Burberry cheap quality though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Almost this. Just don't know if I find Burberry cheap quality though.
    Very interesting! I miss DHS 2008 - or at least I think I do. I have the very grapefruity/powdery DHS with great longevity, but it starts to smell a bit synthetic with time. Not sure if that one is 2008 or 2012. I bought it right around the transition.

But the fact that Burberry Sport is even in that category is a positive to me.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Yes, DIOR HOMME SPORT. Not many that have that cool ginger / ginger ale feel, but those two do.
    -- Creamy, salty-sweet, an oaky nuttiness . . . You detect that?
    -- Oh I'm detecting nuttiness.

Probably just as easy to find Burberry Sport as it is Dior Homme Sport 2008 these days. And for A LOT less money.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Readily available on the cheap on Ebay.
    The cheap ones (ie: under $30) say 'Tester'...some say "with cap"...a good deal at $25? I assume it's still a spray and not a "splash on" bottle of Burberry Sport.

I remember trying Dior Homme Sport (think I tried anything that had 'Sport' in its name) and liking it a lot as well.

Thanks for everyone's input!

TripleB
    Current Favs: Versace Pour Homme, Pi by Givenchy, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Burberry Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
    The cheap ones (ie: under $30) say 'Tester'...some say "with cap"...a good deal at $25? I assume it's still a spray and not a "splash on" bottle of Burberry Sport.

I remember trying Dior Homme Sport (think I tried anything that had 'Sport' in its name) and liking it a lot as well.

Thanks for everyone's input!

TripleB
    Testers will be the same as regular bottles just no box etc. The Dior is a great fragrance if you can find it for the right price.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Very interesting! I miss DHS 2008 - or at least I think I do. I have the very grapefruity/powdery DHS with great longevity, but it starts to smell a bit synthetic with time. Not sure if that one is 2008 or 2012. I bought it right around the transition.

But the fact that Burberry Sport is even in that category is a positive to me.
    I higly suspect yours is the 2012 formulation one. I have one and it indeed turns into a bit synthetic and I think it's due to the grapefruit note.
    You won't be disappointed trying Burberry Sport. It's more natural smelling just like 2008 DHS.
    Last edited by Beck; 16th May 2017 at 02:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I higly suspect yours is the 2012 formulation one. I have one and it indeed turn into a bit synthetic and I think it's due to the grapefruit note.
    You won'tem be disappointed trying Burberry Sport. It's more natural smelling just like 2008 DHS.
    Good deal!

Perhaps also Weekend by the same house could be worth some (re-) testing
    Currently wearing: Elite by Floris

This is a great sleeper of a fragrance. Fairly simple smelling yet I haven't found anything quite like it. Yes I would say DHS is close (I own both Burberry Sport and DHS 2012). Believe it or not.. Burberry sport has a much better ginger note, and overall better performance.

I guess this one slipped through the cracks into discontinued land. I would get a tester if you like it enough, because sooner or later, those testers are gonna be way way higher in price on Ebay. I will now treasure what's left of my bottle.

I haven't smelled Sport Ice, but I heard when it first came out that it was practically the same fragrance as Sport.

I think Clean Shower Fresh and Azzaro Now are sort of in the same realm, but lack the ginger, they have the same type of citrus notes though. DHS 2012 (haven't smelled 2008) is the closest thing to it.

Nickel Calamity Ginger is the only other fragrance I find to be closer than DHS, but Calamity Ginger may be the hardest to find out of anything on here.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This is a great sleeper of a fragrance. Fairly simple smelling yet I haven't found anything quite like it. Yes I would say DHS is close (I own both Burberry Sport and DHS 2012). Believe it or not.. Burberry sport has a much better ginger note, and overall better performance.

I guess this one slipped through the cracks into discontinued land. I would get a tester if you like it enough, because sooner or later, those testers are gonna be way way higher in price on Ebay. I will now treasure what's left of my bottle.

I haven't smelled Sport Ice, but I heard when it first came out that it was practically the same fragrance as Sport.

I think Clean Shower Fresh and Azzaro Now are sort of in the same realm, but lack the ginger, they have the same type of citrus notes though. DHS 2012 (haven't smelled 2008) is the closest thing to it.

Nickel Calamity Ginger is the only other fragrance I find to be closer than DHS, but Calamity Ginger may be the hardest to find out of anything on here.
    Thanks for the tips! Beck raves about Burberry Sport, and I'm a big lover of DHS 2012, so it's definitely something I'm thinking about. I found a great deal on the women's sport, but I had no idea what that was like, so I passed up on it. Generally speaking, IMO, the women's matching versions are not all that similar to the corresponding men's frags with Burberry.

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

+1.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

BTW I saw Burberry Sport, and Ice Sport on scentedmonkey a few months ago for a very low price. I just tried to load up scentedmonkey on several browsers and nothing is coming through. Looks like they're out of business. They did have some shady practices, but they also had some great finds.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Blog Entries

BTW I saw Burberry Sport, and Ice Sport on scentedmonkey a few months ago for a very low price. I just tried to load up scentedmonkey on several browsers and nothing is coming through. Looks like they're out of business. They did have some shady practices, but they also had some great finds.
    Yeah, I'm only seeing the women's and the Ice Sport out there now.

Back online right now. I've ordered several times from them without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Back online right now. I've ordered several times from them without issues.
    Same.. but their BBB site has a lot of bad reviews. Recently they had 1 oz bottles of Arpege pH for like 10 bucks a pop, I bought a few, they came with no problems. Occasionally I'll find discontinued gems on there. A while back they had new 1.6 oz bottles of Live Jazz too for about 18 each.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Blog Entries

Same.. but their BBB site has a lot of bad reviews. Recently they had 1 oz bottles of Arpege pH for like 10 bucks a pop, I bought a few, they came with no problems. Occasionally I'll find discontinued gems on there. A while back they had new 1.6 oz bottles of Live Jazz too for about 18 each.
    Just checked their site - definitely the kings of closeouts, low-end obscuros and discos! LOL. They'll be getting some of this boy's business, for sure.

Yes!
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

What are the predominant notes that hit you with Burberry Sport and what's sticks around? I love both the initial notes and what I still smell four hours later....thought if I did a search of the main notes I'd find something similar.

Grapefruit and Ginger?

Thanks for all the help.

TripleB

Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
    What are the predominant notes that hit you with Burberry Sport and what's sticks around? I love both the initial notes and what I still smell four hours later....thought if I did a search of the main notes I'd find something similar.

Grapefruit and Ginger?

Thanks for all the help.

TripleB
    Yup. And also lots of cedar. Those 3 notes though are probably gonna show up for a lot of fragrances. Remember it's not all about notes.. that's why blind buying is at your own discretion.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)