Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Bath and Body Works Men's Line Warning

Just a heads up, if you loved the men's collection at Bath and Body Works, you might be annoyed at this news. I went to Bath and Body Works a few weeks ago and saw Mahogany Woods, Alpine Suede and Whitewater Rush in the clearance section. At the time I thought little of it but alas they are gone and discontinued. Midnight also joined them. Bath and Body Works have relaunched their men's line. They changed the bottle for Ocean and Noir and kept them, but they "replaced" those other four fragrances with two new scents and a temporary scent. There is now a Suede, a Mahogany and Teakwood.
    That said, from what I smelt, none fit Mahogany Woods. Whitewater Rush, I'm OK on since it is an aquatic Fierce or Curve Men. Mahogany Woods only has a slight Pure Havane feel to it but it is rather unique and projected despite being an eau de cologne.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bath and Body Works Men's Line Warning

Great - thanks for the heads-up!!!

Interested in the new ones, and I'll keep an eye out for the old.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Great - thanks for the heads-up!!!

Interested in the new ones, and I'll keep an eye out for the old.
    Hope it doesn't effect elixir white....truly a cheap hidden gem
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Man by Amouage

Thanks for the headsup..I have White water rush, and was planning to sell it some time later this year...I'll keep it
    Currently wearing: Joop! Go by Joop!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Appreciate the info on these new ones.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you for the recommendation
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shivsri View Post
    Thanks for the headsup..I have White water rush, and was planning to sell it some time later this year...I'll keep it
    I have both of these - great fragrances!

Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries

Thanks, just trying to be helpful. Apparently Teakwood was a seasonal release in the past. That was per a Bath and Body Works employee.

Was always a little frustrating that the men's fragrances were so hard to find in the UK. Had heard good things about Mahogany Woods but couldn't find it anywhere here.

Looks like that ship has sailed for good now.
    Currently wearing: Ambra Nera by Ortigia

It prolly won't that's C.O. Bigelow and I agree, love that stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    It prolly won't that's C.O. Bigelow and I agree, love that stuff
    I thought the new Bigelow ones would have phased those out but i clearly saw them yesterday. I only had and tried Elixir Blue. That was a ****** dupe of Cool Water that only lasts 4 hours top. I sold it on eBay...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
    Thanks, just trying to be helpful. Apparently Teakwood was a seasonal release in the past. That was per a Bath and Body Works employee.
    I thought that sounded familiar. I love Oak in the shampoo / body wash, and wouldn't mind grabbing the cologne on clearance if it showed up.

Blog Entries

I thought that sounded familiar. I love Oak in the shampoo / body wash, and wouldn't mind grabbing the cologne on clearance if it showed up.
    I remember smelling Oak and liking it but Noir and Ocean both stood the test of time and two or so relaunches.

I normally don't go into Bath & Body Works, but I did make an unplanned stop today to one to sniff these.

I liked Suede the most, but all of them were quality fragrances - especially given the inexpensive price. As I like saying, expensive isn't always good and good isn't always expensive.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Niche & Hard-To-Find Sale (US Only): Frederic Malle, vintage Infusion de Vetiver, By Kilian
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I normally don't go into Bath & Body Works, but I did make an unplanned stop today to one to sniff these.

I liked Suede the most, but all of them were quality fragrances - especially given the inexpensive price. As I like saying, expensive isn't always good and good isn't always expensive.
    Glad to hear you liked it. Out of the three new scents, this was the one I didn't sniff mainly because I expected something similar to Alpine Suede and I didn't like that as much as most. Whitewater Rush I do like but it truly is an Eau de Cologne in performance. Rather get Liz Claiborne Curve for Men and/or Playboy New York for that price.

If that teakwood scent smells similar to the mahoghany teakwood scented candle, then it will be a easy cop for me. I plan on visiting the store on friday to sniff these fragrances out.

I wore Mahogany about a week ago, and after perhaps an hour I was thinking it smelled great, so I'm glad to have a nearly full bottle. I tried one or two others but didn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darealvelle View Post
    If that teakwood scent smells similar to the mahoghany teakwood scented candle, then it will be a easy cop for me. I plan on visiting the store on friday to sniff these fragrances out.

I was JUST thinking this. That candle smells amazing, and I'd gladly wear it in an EDT form. Also, the new boxes look eerily similar to the Tom Ford private blend boxes.
    Last edited by byandthrough; 18th May 2017 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byandthrough View Post
    I was JUST thinking this. That candle smells amazing, and I'd gladly wear it in an EDT form. Also, the new boxes look eerily similar to the Tom Ford private blend boxes.
    Yes that is my fav candle of all times and i always wanted a fragrance version of it. Hopefully that teakwood is what we been waiting for.

Basenotes Plus

I have both of these - great fragrances!
    Glad to hear you like the C.O Bigalow line. I absolutely love Elixer White. Probably my #1 bodywash of all time. I use the grey one in the winter too. Thanks for the heads up OP. I still have some Mahogany Woods left, but this Elixer line is just killer. I think a nickel size portion on a loompa could lather up a water buffalo for 15 minutes. It's like a soapsud factory, and I get over 6 hours longevity from the body wash. It's fantastic. I hope you score some Mohagany and stockpile it.

hqdefault-5.jpg
    Last edited by Jowan; 18th May 2017 at 05:01 AM.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Glad to hear you like the C.O Bigalow line. I absolutely love Elixer White. Probably my #1 bodywash of all time. I use the grey one in the winter too. Thanks for the heads up OP. I still have some Mahogany Woods left, but this Elixer line is just killer. I think a nickel size portion on a loompa could lather up a water buffalo for 15 minutes. It's like a soapsud factory, and I get over 6 hours longevity from the body wash. It's fantastic. I hope you score some Mohagany and stockpile it.

hqdefault-5.jpg
    If I can get over to that outlet, I just might get one, maybe two extra even though I am not really that deep into my current bottle.

Damn, upset they dc'd mahogany woods shower gel. It was so good...does anyone know if any of the new ones smell similar?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    Damn, upset they dc'd mahogany woods shower gel. It was so good...does anyone know if any of the new ones smell similar?
    None are sweet and woody.

Ok I smelled the whole entire line today and here are my thoughts. Noir,suede,ocean are meh, but the teakwood and bourbon are nice smelling scents. The teakwood scent smells exactly like the mahogany teakwood candle. And the bourbon is basically a dolce and gabanna the one clone. I ended up buying the teakwood cologne for $24

Blog Entries

Dareavelle I am glad you liked Suede, when I went to checkout the local Bath and Body Works outlet to get Mahogany Woods (there was a BUNCH so hot the Mills AZ frag heads) but she kind of like it. Bourbon is the one I do kind of like but not one I need right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    None are sweet and woody.
    Teakwood is probably closest. It lists "Mahogany" as a note. It's similar. I actually like it better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post

Yes - and they have 3-for-2 and 5-for-3 deals on them, so it's easy to round out your pick or picks with body products.

Suede is a lot like Bigelow Elixir White or Gold, or at least borrows some accords. Those are respected scents, so it should do well. I felt Suede was more compelling than the old Alpine Suede, which was interesting, but was also somewhat of a cross-genre mixed message.

Noir and Ocean seemed unchanged, or if anything, very slightly tweaked to be more on the money. My favorite accords and notes were all present and accounted for.

I'm a big fan of the old Oak and Dark Amber lines, although surprisingly not Mahogany Woods, so naturally I liked Bourbon and Teakwood. Bought them both and wearing Teakwood today. BBW perfumers stole some of my favorite accords from Oak, Noir, Dark Amber, Whitewater Rush and Mahogany Woods for Teakwood, and the whole is surprisingly good. It's holding form very nicely, and even has a kind of "house feel" - a sort of wistful déjà vu thing that shows professional perfumers who understand the prior offerings - not just simple re-use, IMO.

I just submitted the 3 new scents to the Directory.

Nice links here:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2017/05/15...ew-fragrances/

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/bo...mens-body-care

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/on/d...men_7s_hpt.jpg

Blog Entries

Teakwood is probably closest. It lists "Mahogany" as a note. It's similar. I actually like it better.
    Yes but not close enough. Mahogany Woods really gets you with the sweet boozy dry down.

Blog Entries

Yes but not close enough. Mahogany Woods really gets you with the sweet boozy dry down.
    Definitely not the same, although there is a bit of that in the new one on my skin. Hopefully you can get some backups at the clearance in June. I was told that's when they will put out the old stock of the discontinued scents for clearance.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 22nd May 2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: checked skin scent