Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A Song For A Perfume

Well, not actually a game but not a real fragrance discussion either, so I started this in the games forum.

I sometimes do relate a certain song to a certain perfume and vise versa and I guess I'm not the only one, so I'll give this thread a try...

... and start with Encre Noire by Lalique, which in my brain is linked to Type 0 Negative's Black N° 1, especially the line 'her perfume smells like burning leaves'.
    Strange enough I prefere a cover version of the song over the original, so here it is, Black N° 1 in the version of End of Green:

The synthetic perfume materials are supposed to enhance and support the use of natural raw materials, not to replace them, nor in any way to beat them off the market. The synthetic chemicals present a certain challenge to nature, and the perfumer can assist nature in her fight by utilizing the synthetic materials to the advantage of the natural raw materials. (S. Arctander)
    Currently wearing: Snuff by Elsa Schiaparelli

Default Re: A Song For A Perfume

Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Unforgettable by Revlon

I recall dancing to this played on an old, portable Hi-Fi record player many, many years ago. What fun it was, too!

375x500.35167.jpg
    Last edited by Oriane; 29th October 2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

In anticipation of Halloween....

375x500.1444.jpg

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Basenotes Plus

Autumn in New York -- Billie Holiday

Gregory David Roberts

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

So right, and in so many ways

The synthetic perfume materials are supposed to enhance and support the use of natural raw materials, not to replace them, nor in any way to beat them off the market. The synthetic chemicals present a certain challenge to nature, and the perfumer can assist nature in her fight by utilizing the synthetic materials to the advantage of the natural raw materials. (S. Arctander)
    Currently wearing: Snuff by Elsa Schiaparelli

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Autumn in New York -- Billie Holiday

The only song I played all the way through, twice!

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Bird Poetry

375x500.18529.jpg

Gregory David Roberts

Gregory David Roberts

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Collective Soul--The Blue Album

26149841-252.jpg
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Good one! I like this game.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

“Whatever I take, I take too much or too little; I do not take the exact amount. The exact amount is of no use to me.”

-Antonio Porchia