Code of Conduct

Exclamation Le Baiser Du Dragon...

I love the richness and complexity of this creation and personally consider it to be a masterpiece.
    I cannot comprehend why Cartier discontinued it ?!
    Although it takes a different direction to Alchimie from Rochas, to me it has the same richness and quality and the same final/ overall 'perfection', (if that makes sense). The initial intoxication dries down to the most exquisite powder I have ever experienced.
    A single spray of the eau de toilette (!!!) on a test strip is still present after 2 days and smells so incredibly beautiful.

Would love to hear your views on this one !
    Last edited by david; 19th May 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Default Re: Le Baiser Du Dragon...

Hi David. I have never smelt it, but I did not think it was discontinued. Are you sure about this?
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

If it is discontinued, sorry but not a fan so never paid attention.

It will be:

Stopped selling well, customers moved on to something else. Not popular any more.

Ingredients in it restricted?
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Mon Guerlain by Guerlain

Loved it. It was one of the first perfumes I bought, when I
    joined Basenotes and became a Perfumista.
    Almonds were my thing at the time. Love the bottle too.
    They always get rid of the best ones don't they?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Empreinte by Courrèges

in a fragrant coma always

It is discontinued. It can be found on the internet on some of the perfume outlet sites. I've seen it at Beauty Encounter, Scent Monkey, Perfume Emporium may still have it. Ebay, too has some available. It is still around. One just has to search. I have never tried it. Have always wanted to.
    blah, blah, blah...

This is one of Cartier's finest. Yes it's discontinued. Still available here at the moment.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    Hi David. I have never smelt it, but I did not think it was discontinued. Are you sure about this?
    Hi Oriane, the Eau de Parfum has been re-issued and is available on the Cartier website, but only as a 100 ml size, (for €130).
    The Extrait and the Eau de Toilette have both definitely been discontinued. Some people believe that the re-issue edp has been reformulated and is not as good as the original. I cannot confirm this, but because of the sheer strength of this fragrance I very much prefer the Eau de Toilette version.
    Last edited by david; 20th May 2017 at 04:41 PM.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

I have an older bottle and also understand it was rereleased.

Can anyone comment on both versions? Sadly, they almost alway reformulate to the detriment of the scent.

I love the spicy scent of the older version.

Love the bottle design!
    "The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

"Thick dome of jasmine
    (Under the dense canopy where the white jasmine),
    Blends with the rose,
    (That blends with the rose),"
    "The Flower Duet," Lakme by Leo Delibes, 1881

This is interesting and I definitely make the connection...

...I've been looking at other threads regarding LBDD and member B.I.G. says, "To me it's something like M7 only heavier and olier". Yes, I really get the connection there. Nice one !!!
    Last edited by david; 21st May 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Hi Oriane, the Eau de Parfum has been re-issued and is available on the Cartier website, but only as a 100 ml size, (for €130).
    The Extrait and the Eau de Toilette have both definitely been discontinued. Some people believe that the re-issue edp has been reformulated and is not as good as the original. I cannot confirm this, but because of the sheer strength of this fragrance I very much prefer the Eau de Toilette version.
    Thanks, David.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

After several parallel tests of edt, edp and extrait I personally rate the edt strength as far superior.
    I think it is because LBDD is a very strong and very complex creation. The eau de toilette has more clarity/ transparency and is more readable and enjoyable. The edp and extrait are too heavy and cloying.The complexity seems muddled and fuzzy. It's sort of like looking at a complicted object through a frosted glass window. The details become lost.
    Anyone who fears the edt may not have strength, fear not ! The sillage is wonderful and the longevity is phenomenal. One single spray on a teststrip lasts for about 4 days !!!