Code of Conduct

Thread: Vegas trip

Default Vegas trip

I'm going to Las Vegas next week. Wondering where the best places are to sniff/buy.

Default Re: Vegas trip

Quote Originally Posted by nucker View Post
    I'm going to Las Vegas next week. Wondering where the best places are to sniff/buy.
    Wellllll.....if it was me, I'd definitely go to the Creed Boutique and to the Chanel Boutique as well!
    Currently wearing: Le Seducteur by Micallef

Skins 6/2 at Cosmopolitan is a good choice. Some niche brands you won't find in a Saks/Neimans/Nordstrom.
    Splits!

Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

Blog Entries

Isn't there a Zara in Vegas?

Just went a few weeks ago.
    Barneys in the Venetian is probably the best. There is also a great Guerlain boutique in the Palazo and another in the Bellagio. Theres a Big Creed shop in the shops of Ceasers palace.
    The Cosmopolitan also has a boutique that sells a small amount of Amouage, Creed, Montale, By Kilian, and a few others.

Lots of great places well covered on other threads. I must say, however, that the Guerlain Boutique at the Venetian is not quite.... well, it's a little..... What I can say is that it is NOT the Champs Elysees. By a long stretch.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    .... is not quite.... well, it's a little......
    Don't be shy. I think what you are grasping for are words to the effect that the boutique, such as it is, is found amongst the final and utter apotheosis of American schlock.

Thanks for getting me over that hump. Yes, just that. If it had been staffed by knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff, I might have overlooked all that. As it was, I went in, feeling a little spendy (as a way to make up for the fact that I had to be there at all for a business trip) and the only SA in the boutique (a nice enough chap) was, by his own admission, "new to the house" and didn't know much about the product. I knew so much more about Guerlain than he did and they didn't have anything that I wanted. I asked--a Hail Mary, I admit--if they had Habit Rouge Dress Code and he showed me right away to the Habit Rouge EdT--he admitted to never having heard of the flanker. I then shifted my tack and tried to buy something for my wife and fared even worse. At that point the craps tables started looking good....
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

When I am sentenced to a Vegas business trip -- and I reckon our non-US friends wonder why this should not be easily avoidable -- the most I hope for is the prospect for decent, if overrated, meal. Red-eye flights back to the East Coast never looked so welcoming.

Las Vegas is one of my personal favorite places. I would suggest hitting up one of the Zegna Boutiques - unless you are lucky enough to have one near you back home.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Is there no longer a Dior boutique anywhere?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for getting me over that hump. Yes, just that. If it had been staffed by knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff, I might have overlooked all that. As it was, I went in, feeling a little spendy (as a way to make up for the fact that I had to be there at all for a business trip) and the only SA in the boutique (a nice enough chap) was, by his own admission, "new to the house" and didn't know much about the product. I knew so much more about Guerlain than he did and they didn't have anything that I wanted. I asked--a Hail Mary, I admit--if they had Habit Rouge Dress Code and he showed me right away to the Habit Rouge EdT--he admitted to never having heard of the flanker. I then shifted my tack and tried to buy something for my wife and fared even worse. At that point the craps tables started looking good....
    The Guerlain boutique in the Belagio is much bigger and has a very experienced staff

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Is there no longer a Dior boutique anywhere?
    There is. I believe we saw it in the shops of Ceasers Palace....maybe Spence will chime in he seems very familiar with Vegas
    Last edited by Dandydude; 23rd May 2017 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    There is. I believe we saw it in the shops of Ceasers Palace....maybe Spence will chime in he seems very familiar with Vegas
    Thank you for the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hermes at the Bellagio is very nice.

Guerlain in the Venetian was a nice experience - I was like a kid in a candy store, sniffing so many with the encouragement of the manager/SA. I left with a generous handful of samples and a bottle of Homme Boisee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    Palazzo has a Dior boutique as well. I have had good luck with staff there.
    Currently wearing: Tous Man Sport by Tous

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Palazzo has a Dior boutique as well. I have had good luck with staff there.
    I thought that shut down at the end of 2015. It was mentioned in this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/416...-shutting-down

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    Don't be shy. I think what you are grasping for are words to the effect that the boutique, such as it is, is found amongst the final and utter apotheosis of American schlock.
    Sing it, brother.

I was once sentenced to an entire convention week there, housed at Caesar's Palace, and their Forum Shops arcade was an indescribable horror to me. In retrospect, that may have been the experience that drove me to self-employment.

Thank you for the reply.
    No problem

Basenotes Plus

I live in Vegas and haven't been to all of the different boutiques and shops. I've mostly gone to the Fashion Show Mall for Neiman Marcus (they carry a ton of fragrance brand including Tom Ford and Creed) and Saks (they carry Bond No. 9, Killian and Acqua di Parma), then across the street I can get to Barney's (they carry Le Labo and several other niche scents) through the Venetian parking garage.

In the Grand Canal Shoppes there is also Guerlain, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Salvatore Ferragamo and Burberry, which should have fragrances available to smell.
    Here is a link showing all the shoppes for the Grand Canal mall:
    https://www.venetian.com/shops/grand...s/shoppes.html

Skin 6/2 is at the Cosmopolitan and they carry Creed and Amouage

The Ceasar's Palace Forum Shops has the Creed Boutique (which should carry the expensive exclusive "Rose Imperial" that I haven't had the chance to try yet, and I think you should go smell it)
    https://www.creedboutique.com/261-rose-imperiale.html

I have not been to the Dior Boutique yet.
    Last edited by tspencer; 23rd May 2017 at 05:21 PM.

I thought that shut down at the end of 2015. It was mentioned in this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/416...-shutting-down
    My mistake! I hadn't tried to visit that in a while I guess!
    Currently wearing: Tous Man Sport by Tous

The last time I went about two years ago the SA didn't know how to pronounce Habit Rouge, but it did get to try Dress Code

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

I'll be in Vegas next week with an afternoon free: what's the best place for niche? I likely won't have time to do more than a couple of stops, so would appreciate any recommendations for which two places to get the best range. From the existing threads, it seems like Skins and Barneys or Neiman would be the places to try - can anyone who's familiar let me know if there's much repetition here, or are they complimentary?

I'm fairly up to date on commercial releases available at Nordstrom and the like, so my preference would be for anything a little harder to come by, or smaller production/distribution. Other than Skins, is there anywhere like Luckyscent, Les Senteurs or the like?

Thanks!