Code of Conduct

Talking Looking for long-lasting cologne with sandlewood and oakmoss

Hey guys, this is my post on basenotes, glad to finally be able to contribute. I was hoping y'all could help me out. I just bought this scented beard oil, and its main notes are sandlewood and oak moss, this oil smells absolutely amazing to me. I would like to get a cologne that smells just like this but dont know where to start. I did read some of the very awesome sandlewood contributions on here, but none of them mention oakmoss at all. I am hoping to get a few ideas on longlasting, affordable colognes that are heavy with oakmoss and sandlewood. Thank you all so much

Default Re: Looking for long-lasting cologne with sandlewood and oakmoss

Welcome!

Oakmoss is now heavily restricted in perfumes, thanks to IFRA's lamentable regulations. So it will be hard to find anything like that (I suspect beard oils may not be subject to these regulations).

Chanel Egoiste (the regular Egoiste, not Egoiste platinum) is a good sandalwood reconstruction with woody materials in the base. Not too cheap, but not expensive either. Without knowing exactly how your oil smells, I suspect Egoiste might be somewhat sweeter than that.

cacio

Perhaps vintage Guerlain Heritage (ideally the splash bottles first released in 1992), vintage Arden Man Sandalwood, vintage Crabtree&Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood and for a more gourmand and also fresher take on this, as paradoxical as it may sound, maybe also the 1999 release of Carven Homme

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Captain by Molyneux especially in its drydown
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.