Code of Conduct
    User of Toilet Water

Default Creed: Original Cologne AND Pure White Cologne/Original Cologne in the directory???

I just noticed there are listings for Creed's Original Cologne (2011) and Creed's Pure White Cologne/Original Cologne (2011) in the directory. I have Original Cologne in my wardrobe, but recently added Pure White Cologne/Original Cologne as my SOTD. So, my SOTD stats are kind of messed up. Should there really be two entries in the directory? If not, is it possible to merge them (reviews, ratings, and SOTD entries?) I was under the impression that Original Cologne and Pure White Cologne were in fact the same fragrance. Thanks.
    Currently wearing: Arabie by Serge Lutens

User of Toilet Water

Default Re: Creed: Original Cologne AND Pure White Cologne/Original Cologne in the directory???

Default Re: Creed: Original Cologne AND Pure White Cologne/Original Cologne in the directory???

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I was under the impression that Original Cologne and Pure White Cologne were in fact the same fragrance. Thanks.
    You are correct, as it they are the exact same fragrance. Creed simply changed the name from Original Cologne (when it first came out) to Pure White Cologne, and never really offered an explanation as to why.

So, yes, it should just count as just one fragrance in the listings.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, St James of London, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

User of Toilet Water

So, any chance of fixing this?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Maybe asking the moderators or Grant?

Blog Entries

So, any chance of fixing this?
    If you create the merged entry, it will get done sooner, I am speculating.

Go to:

http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

and see the directions for name changes (the example is Black Code). Create a completely copied merged entry like the one for Code (old name last).

This way they can just add your entry, move the reviews, and kill the old entries.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    If you create the merged entry, it will get done sooner, I am speculating.

Go to:

http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

and see the directions for name changes (the example is Black Code). Create a completely copied merged entry like the one for Code (old name last).

This way they can just add your entry, move the reviews, and kill the old entries.
    There are already two entries in the directory. I don't think I can request a merger through the above link.

Blog Entries

There are already two entries in the directory. I don't think I can request a merger through the above link.
    Let me clarify a bit what that page does. It's not a request - it's a "do it yourself". It creates "pre-pages" that Judith and Grant can turn into real pages. There is also a big free-form field at the end for you to describe what you are intending, such as "this merged entry should replace both ..... etc."

One could say that the form creates uploadable directory page mock-ups. Mock-ups that are easily converted by Judith and Grant into REAL directory pages. When you create them that way, it makes their life easy.

It's a bit like a blog page maker like the WordPress editor. You don't actually get to see the final page with this one, but the data is there.

The form and the pages it creates are not actually "hooked up" with or have significant knowledge of the directory - i.e., you could even create a duplicate with the form and it just mindlessly creates a duplicate. It's just a form that creates POTENTIAL new directory pages. It does have drop-down choices for some things, where it snarfs directory data like houses and displays the choices.

There is a rule for how to make merged entries. You would basically duplicate the entry for one of the two separated fragrances (hopefully they're already pretty much identical) and then add both fragance names, per the instructions. Then submit. You can explain in the last field what you're doing and wanting done.

The idea is that Judith and Grant, if they approve of your merger page, can (more) easily install that page, pull all the reviews at the page, and discard the two existing pages. If you do part of the work, they can do the rest.

Hope that makes it clear. You can't really mess up the directory with this thing. The only problem is if you include wrong data or mess up what you submit, like the wrong notes for the named fragrance.

Hope this helps!

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Let me clarify a bit what that page does. It's not a request - it's a "do it yourself". It creates "pre-pages" that Judith and Grant can turn into real pages. There is also a big free-form field at the end for you to describe what you are intending, such as "this merged entry should replace both ..... etc."

One could say that the form creates uploadable directory page mock-ups. Mock-ups that are easily converted by Judith and Grant into REAL directory pages. When you create them that way, it makes their life easy.

It's a bit like a blog page maker like the WordPress editor. You don't actually get to see the final page with this one, but the data is there.

The form and the pages it creates are not actually "hooked up" with or have significant knowledge of the directory - i.e., you could even create a duplicate with the form and it just mindlessly creates a duplicate. It's just a form that creates POTENTIAL new directory pages. It does have drop-down choices for some things, where it snarfs directory data like houses and displays the choices.

There is a rule for how to make merged entries. You would basically duplicate the entry for one of the two separated fragrances (hopefully they're already pretty much identical) and then add both fragance names, per the instructions. Then submit. You can explain in the last field what you're doing and wanting done.

The idea is that Judith and Grant, if they approve of your merger page, can (more) easily install that page, pull all the reviews at the page, and discard the two existing pages. If you do part of the work, they can do the rest.

Hope that makes it clear. You can't really mess up the directory with this thing. The only problem is if you include wrong data or mess up what you submit, like the wrong notes for the named fragrance.

Hope this helps!
    Excellent! Thanks for the info. I'll do it now.

EDIT: Done! Now, the wait.
    Last edited by Bangkok Hound; 19th June 2017 at 10:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I'll do it now.

EDIT: Done! Now, the wait.
    Cool! Thanks for the submission!

Yes, just be patient, because the remainder of the process does take effort on Judith's and Grant's part, and they need to fit that work into their schedules.

This is also a great way to get new scents into your wardrobe fast. Not there? Just add it. I actually got one fragrance into my 'drobe so fast, I didn't lose a single wear - the entry was there before midnight on the first day I wore it! (Obviously I lucked out and submitted while scents were being added.)

I highly recommend including plenty of links to pages and images describing the scent and showing its bottle - preferably using company stock PR photos or public domain photos, or your own, if necessary. That has always assured rapid addition, in my experience. I then explain the links and their research significance. If you do the work, they don't have to go get verification, and the entry will be made soon.