Code of Conduct

Default New: Burberry Bespoke collection

From Now Smell This:

Burberry has launched Burberry Bespoke, a new collection of seven fragrances developed by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian: High Tide, Amber Heath, Tudor Rose, Hawthorn Bloom, Garden Roses, Antique Oak and Wild Thistle.

A collection of seven individual fragrances which can truly be personalised to you. Inspired by artistry, the elements and the great British outdoors, each scent is available in either one, two or three varying concentrations, ensuring it feels completely unique to the wearer. Burberry Bespoke can only be purchased in store.

The collection encapsulates a British spirit – inspired by artistry, the elements and memorable landscapes. Each fragrance is unique and individual; evoking emotions and memories.

The Bespoke bottle can then be personalised with up to three monogrammed initials printed on to the front labelling, and it will be finished with your choice of leather ribbon – selected from 16 complementary Burberry shades.

High Tide ~ "The contrasts of a serene coastal setting. Imposing watchet blue Cornish cliffs meet an energetic rush of water at high tide. Crisp and green marine notes with oakmoss absolute, settled with fresh jasmine."

Amber Heath ~ "Romantic and atmospheric: a courtyard in bloom set amongst the wilderness of a vast heath. A golden scene set at dusk. A modern amber scent with golden vanilla, patchouli and undertones of ambergris accord."

Tudor Rose ~ "The symbolic union of the rose. Tangled within a Kensington garden – in serenity and strength, verdure and vitality. A shimmering scent of Bulgarian Damask rose and May rose. Finished with notes of patchouli and ambergris accord."

Hawthorn Bloom ~ "The Yorkshire countryside landscape awash with the early signs of spring. Fragile ice melting as dawn light breaks, and the delicate beauty of hardy new-season buds in bloom. Fresh and gentle florals. Orris and violet balance musk, patchouli and jasmine."

Garden Roses ~ "The portrait of a classic English rose patiently set amongst a Bloomsbury garden. Soft velvet petals perfectly in bloom. Fragrant Bulgarian rose layered with Italian lemon oil and vetiver."

Antique Oak ~ "A fragrant masterpiece inspired by the legacy of British boatyards. A contrast of industrial strength and historic artistic intricacy. Captivating oud and sensual leather. Earthy, refined saffron and papyrus."

Wild Thistle ~ " Vast, wild and inviting. Vibrant and shimmering hues of green verditer set against the Scottish heath. Lush, evergreen leaves and galbanum oil with floral notes and geranium leaf."

Burberry Bespoke High Tide, Amber Heath, Tudor Rose, Hawthorn Bloom, Garden Roses, Antique Oak and Wild Thistle are available in limited distribution in selected Burberry stores and counters in Milan, Paris, London (Regent Street and Harrods), Dubai, Kuwait City, and the US (Spring Street in New York and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills).
    These all sound a bit too Jane Austen for my liking, but I'm interested to see what Francis Kurkdjian has done with these ideas. Pricing and flacon sizes don't appear to be listed anywhere?

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: New: Burberry Bespoke collection

Interesting. Thanks for the info on these.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'll reserve judgement because FK was at the helm, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thank you for posting this. Hopefully testers and/or samples will be available soon to give this line a test run.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Thank you for posting this. Hopefully testers and/or samples will be available soon to give this line a test run.
    Yes. Looks to be in-store only at the moment. Not even in the US stores yet, and only on the coasts in the list. Hope they do eventually get to the nearest Cowtown store, or even just testers.

I'm fascinated by the new My Burberry Black. I feel like FK is moving in a good direction lately.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Thanks for the info.

Seven fragrances at once from a man who has his own house as the main priority (I suppose) and who is also preparing (at least from a financial aspect) much more important releases for Burberry.

Yeah, not holding my breath either.

don't deceive with belief

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I'll reserve judgement because FK was at the helm, but I won't be holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Seven fragrances at once from a man who has his own house as the main priority (I suppose) and who is also preparing (at least from a financial aspect) much more important releases for Burberry.

My thoughts as well .....

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    Thanks for this link.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Color me interested! Wondering if Kurkdjian is doing a Penhaligon's on these Burberry's. Not particularly crazy about those fugly bows though...wish they'd just stick with their tartans..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    My thoughts as well .....
    I feel like I know which basket he put the eggs in.

I have to say, if you want a stronger, smoother, dynamic, long-lasting, and just plain powerful fragrance, check out My Burberry Black. It's a full parfum with amazing depth, and surprisingly good on a guy. The only thing that lasts through a SCRUBBING shower like it is KOUROS. You have to accept the peach and jasmine, but they are so nicely balanced with power patchouli, rose and amber, that peach actually turns into an almost masculine note.

It's a bit of an aesthetic mind-boggler - like a modern Mitsouko. If you can pull off some feminine fragrances, this one bears testing on skin, where it shows its true abilities.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari