Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrancenet sending out old bottles again

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you sign up with Shoprunner, purchased are delivered in two days.
    I did when they first offered it, but I ordered so few frags from them that the annual fee of $80 wasn't worth it and I cancelled it. Honestly, most items I buy online get to me within 3 days max. Exception is anything from China...who knows how long that will take....and anything delivered FedEx.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I did when they first offered it, but I ordered so few frags from them that the annual fee of $80 wasn't worth it and I cancelled it. Honestly, most items I buy online get to me within 3 days max. Exception is anything from China...who knows how long that will take....and anything delivered FedEx.
    I have had it for more than two years and there is no fee. Did you put a valid Amex Card on file with them? That's all you need to do. Nothing is charged. Never any fee. Curious as to how you signed up with them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have had it for more than two years and there is no fee. Did you put a valid Amex Card on file with them? That's all you need to do. Nothing is charged. Never any fee. Curious as to how you signed up with them.
    My mistake---Fragrancenet offered to sign me up with FREESHIPPING.com for a $10 discount on my purchase. I did, and the fine print said that if I didn't cancel in 7 days I'd be billed $156/year. I looked at the stores that participated, found that I already got my deliveries very quickly from them, and cancelled. Sort of like Amazon Prime, sounds good but not worth it unless you pay a lot in shipping over a year. Shoprunner is the AmEx card program...right, no fee with that one.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 27th June 2017 at 12:17 AM.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]

My mistake---Fragrancenet offered to sign me up with FREESHIPPING.com for a $10 discount on my purchase. I did, and the fine print said that if I didn't cancel in 7 days I'd be billed $156/year. I looked at the stores that participated, found that I already got my deliveries very quickly from them, and cancelled. Sort of like Amazon Prime, sounds good but not worth it unless you pay a lot in shipping over a year. Shoprunner is the AmEx card program...right, no fee with that one.
    I think Fragrancenet also has deals with magazine providers as I'm getting a free subscription that I never asked for. I'm not complaining as long as I don't get charged for it when it's time for renewal.

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...c.php?id=87031

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...s-c772541.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I think Fragrancenet also has deals with magazine providers as I'm getting a free subscription that I never asked for. I'm not complaining as long as I don't get charged for it when it's time for renewal.

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...c.php?id=87031

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...s-c772541.html
    I've gotten subscriptions in the past, they also load up your package the order comes in with annoying ads, blow-in cards, and crap that get's thrown out. I HATE the company but darn it, they usually have the cheapest prices for things. Just ordered SERGE LUTENS CHERGUI EAU DE PARFUM for much cheaper than the compitition. All this talk of changing bottles has me ordering some Serge Lutens before they start screwing with the bottles/juice.

I've gotten subscriptions in the past, they also load up your package the order comes in with annoying ads, blow-in cards, and crap that get's thrown out. I HATE the company but darn it, they usually have the cheapest prices for things. Just ordered SERGE LUTENS CHERGUI EAU DE PARFUM for much cheaper than the compitition. All this talk of changing bottles has me ordering some Serge Lutens before they start screwing with the bottles/juice.
    You're right about those prices! No one beats them although Notino comes close with coupon codes. Knowing they never stack codes, those insert cards with 20% or 25% codes are a waste of paper. There's always a 35% off code floating around. I have to say their customer service has always done right by me. It's just that you have to expect bottles that are several years old. It would be nice if they sent out decent free samples.