Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrancenet sending out old bottles again

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you sign up with Shoprunner, purchased are delivered in two days.
    I did when they first offered it, but I ordered so few frags from them that the annual fee of $80 wasn't worth it and I cancelled it. Honestly, most items I buy online get to me within 3 days max. Exception is anything from China...who knows how long that will take....and anything delivered FedEx.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I did when they first offered it, but I ordered so few frags from them that the annual fee of $80 wasn't worth it and I cancelled it. Honestly, most items I buy online get to me within 3 days max. Exception is anything from China...who knows how long that will take....and anything delivered FedEx.
    I have had it for more than two years and there is no fee. Did you put a valid Amex Card on file with them? That's all you need to do. Nothing is charged. Never any fee. Curious as to how you signed up with them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have had it for more than two years and there is no fee. Did you put a valid Amex Card on file with them? That's all you need to do. Nothing is charged. Never any fee. Curious as to how you signed up with them.
    My mistake---Fragrancenet offered to sign me up with FREESHIPPING.com for a $10 discount on my purchase. I did, and the fine print said that if I didn't cancel in 7 days I'd be billed $156/year. I looked at the stores that participated, found that I already got my deliveries very quickly from them, and cancelled. Sort of like Amazon Prime, sounds good but not worth it unless you pay a lot in shipping over a year. Shoprunner is the AmEx card program...right, no fee with that one.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 27th June 2017 at 12:17 AM.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]

My mistake---Fragrancenet offered to sign me up with FREESHIPPING.com for a $10 discount on my purchase. I did, and the fine print said that if I didn't cancel in 7 days I'd be billed $156/year. I looked at the stores that participated, found that I already got my deliveries very quickly from them, and cancelled. Sort of like Amazon Prime, sounds good but not worth it unless you pay a lot in shipping over a year. Shoprunner is the AmEx card program...right, no fee with that one.
    I think Fragrancenet also has deals with magazine providers as I'm getting a free subscription that I never asked for. I'm not complaining as long as I don't get charged for it when it's time for renewal.

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...c.php?id=87031

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...s-c772541.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I think Fragrancenet also has deals with magazine providers as I'm getting a free subscription that I never asked for. I'm not complaining as long as I don't get charged for it when it's time for renewal.

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi...c.php?id=87031

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...s-c772541.html
    I've gotten subscriptions in the past, they also load up your package the order comes in with annoying ads, blow-in cards, and crap that get's thrown out. I HATE the company but darn it, they usually have the cheapest prices for things. Just ordered SERGE LUTENS CHERGUI EAU DE PARFUM for much cheaper than the compitition. All this talk of changing bottles has me ordering some Serge Lutens before they start screwing with the bottles/juice.

I've gotten subscriptions in the past, they also load up your package the order comes in with annoying ads, blow-in cards, and crap that get's thrown out. I HATE the company but darn it, they usually have the cheapest prices for things. Just ordered SERGE LUTENS CHERGUI EAU DE PARFUM for much cheaper than the compitition. All this talk of changing bottles has me ordering some Serge Lutens before they start screwing with the bottles/juice.
    You're right about those prices! No one beats them although Notino comes close with coupon codes. Knowing they never stack codes, those insert cards with 20% or 25% codes are a waste of paper. There's always a 35% off code floating around. I have to say their customer service has always done right by me. It's just that you have to expect bottles that are several years old. It would be nice if they sent out decent free samples.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

I think that if you are not satisfied with what you get, you should not compromise on it and return it immediately. As far as you are paying full for something, you should not get old or refilled bottles.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrie Larrison View Post
    I think that if you are not satisfied with what you get, you should not compromise on it and return it immediately. As far as you are paying full for something, you should not get old or refilled bottles.
    What if the old bottles smell better? i have heard the older the perfume is the better it smells

Quote Originally Posted by LoveFragrance View Post
    What if the old bottles smell better? i have heard the older the perfume is the better it smells
    As I've previously stated, many fragrances have been reformulated and older bottles may smell better and stronger - IF THEY'VE BEEN STORED PROPERLY. There's no way to tell how many times a sealed box has changed hands from retailer to distributor back to retailer, bought again at closeout and back to a distributor and then to another retailer over a sometimes 4 year period, with numerous handling by possibly steaming Fedex, UPS or USPS trucks. It's also possible that they were stored in perfect environmental conditions. There's just no way to tell and these discounters don't have enough employees to decipher every batch code and list batch dates as an additional search field on their websites, as great as that might be.

Basenotes Junkie RichMan'sOldSpice's Avatar

Question regarding Fragrancenet: They used to offer a nice cash back rebate on Ebates.com, anywhere from 4%-16%. I know they are no longer listed on Ebates. Does anyone know if Fragrancenet is on any of the other cash back sites?

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Currently not that I am aware of.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Most of the fragrances I have purchased through them have been 3-5 years old, at least that was the case for the ones I was able to check the dates. I think some Piguets I purchased from them were older. One inexpensive fragrance I purchased from them recently was already 7 years old, and it does not have the performance it should. I imagine it was poorly stored over those 7 years.

One cannot be sure what one will receive even from an upmarket retailer. I purchased a 50ml Luten Cuir Mauresque from Barneys a few months ago, and it was pretty old---had the Palais Royale packaging. It was the last bottle they had, though, so I did not complain.
    After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.

Christian Dior
    Currently wearing: Rare Rubies by Avon