Code of Conduct
o

Default Bogart Signature question

Is this fragrance supposed to be cello wrapped? Reason I ask is that I got one which wasn't and it had some funky whitish stuff on the cap (outside). I'm not too worried about it, because it wiped off--just wondering about the wrap (or lack thereof). A discounter purchase, fwiw...
    Smokin Dave is in the house

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Bogart Signature question

The one I have from the 70's definitely wasn't shrink-wrapped when I purchased it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hmmm... I don't think any of the Bogart fragrances I've ever bought have been shrink wrapped.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

No it doesn't come wrapped.

Thanks all. Wonder what that white stuff on the cap was... wipped right off, but you think {discounter} would've checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Dave View Post
    Thanks all. Wonder what that white stuff on the cap was... wipped right off, but you think {discounter} would've checked.
    My One Man Show Gold and Ruby bottles have also some weird marks on the cap (same pattern at both). It must be some factory mistake but despite that I do not think Bogart puts much effort on its bottles but I really don't care as long as the juice rocks.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

in civet est veritas

My 90 ml of Bogart included a little (~10 ml) tube of after shave lotion in the space beside the cap.

Perhaps yours had the same and the freebie leaked so the retailer threw it out and cleaned it up best they could (leaving the edt unsprayed).

The box looks the same as a regular but on the bottom they added a sticker with the ingredient list of the lotion, so you could check for that.

/Acey

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    My 90 ml of Bogart included a little (~10 ml) tube of after shave lotion in the space beside the cap.

Perhaps yours had the same and the freebie leaked so the retailer threw it out and cleaned it up best they could (leaving the edt unsprayed).

The box looks the same as a regular but on the bottom they added a sticker with the ingredient list of the lotion, so you could check for that.

/Acey
    Well I never thought about that--it did have that whitish look that might just be some lotion. And like I said, it wiped right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Dave View Post
    Did you buy it locally or from Columbia?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    Did you buy it locally or from Colombia?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.