Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Let's talk about Ava Luxe

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    Green Tara perfume oil - This is an unusual one, it's part aromatherapy blend & part perfume to me. The top notes are very similar to one of my favourite aromatherapy blend mixes then the perfume notes slowly start to make their presence felt especially the rose & oud. It's a nice aroma & I will enjoy using my small sample but I prefer to keep my perfumes & aromatherapy blends separate.

Amande EDP - I didn't like this perfume, it was too buttery. Super strong almond pastries that were load with butter. Discovered that I dislike smelling like butter & would prefer smelling this aroma as a home fragrance not a perfume.
    I love Green Tara! And you are exactly right--it smells like a marvelous combination of essential oils and perfume, or Aveda hair oil and perfume. It's very resinous and wonderful.

Still holding onto my bottle of Madame X (parfum extrait, I think). A dab behind the ears, once in a blue moon, is still a wonderful thing.

Blog Entries

As of today l am a proud owner of a bottle of Nag Champa! With it l received complimentary samples of Soma, Casmere Musk & Vanilla Musk, so l'll be posting my impressions of them here in the coming days...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Freed from BN Institution

Congrats teardrop!
    I'm curious to know what your thoughts are of Vanilla Musk. Could you do a comparison between this and Vanille Jollie?

I still have a few Ava Luxe samples that I haven't gotten around to wearing.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Thanks, N.CAL! l haven't tried Vanille Jolie, so can't compare the two. Do post your impressions when you try your samples, though!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Finally l'm getting around to trying the latest samples l received back in February, starting today with Cashmere Musk perfume oil.

This brings back strong memories of Avon Soft Musk, which my sister-in-law wore a lot back in the eighties. l'm pretty sure l had some of the talc, too. lt's got exactly that faintly floral baby powder scent, with just a tiny hint of a lover's skin. The projection is surprisingly big for an oil, & although after three hours l'm not sensing any development, l think this will probably last for most of the day on my skin.

This would make a nice, comforting & pampering scent after an evening bath for me, & l highly recommend it to any fans of the original Soft Musk out there.

ETA: this one lasted through a shower (an almost unheard-of experience for me), & was still gently wafting from my arm after twenty-two hours! Outstanding performance.
    Last edited by teardrop; 2nd April 2019 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Vanilla Musk perfume oil:

A sweet, but not sickly-sweet, very natural-smelling vanilla, not unlike one or two vanilla "solinotes" that l remember from the nineties, & very similar indeed to lndult's Tihota. This is possibly a fraction less buttery or eggy, although l no longer have a sample of Tihota with which to directly compare it. And just as l didn't really get the musk in Tihota, l don't get it here, either. Perhaps for me the presence of vanilla front & centre makes notes like musk undetectable? This one is much quieter than Cashmere Musk, but then it is cooler here today, & l applied a little less this time. Six hours in, it's very close to the skin.

l'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality, straight-up vanilla and/or a more reasonably-priced version of Tihota. For me though, vanilla on its own quickly gets boring, & l prefer it in a blend of other notes to give it interest.

ETA: l just re-read some of the earlier posts in this thread, & l see l'm not the only one who didn't get the musk in this one or Tihota. Good to know it's not just me!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Vanilla Musk perfume oil:

A sweet, but not sickly-sweet, very natural-smelling vanilla, not unlike one or two vanilla "solinotes" that l remember from the nineties, & very similar indeed to lndult's Tihota. This is possibly a fraction less buttery or eggy, although l no longer have a sample of Tihota with which to directly compare it. And just as l didn't really get the musk in Tihota, l don't get it here, either. Perhaps for me the presence of vanilla front & centre makes notes like musk undetectable? This one is much quieter than Cashmere Musk, but then it is cooler here today, & l applied a little less this time. Six hours in, it's very close to the skin.

l'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality, straight-up vanilla and/or a more reasonably-priced version of Tihota. For me though, vanilla on its own quickly gets boring, & l prefer it in a blend of other notes to give it interest.

ETA: l just re-read some of the earlier posts in this thread, & l see l'm not the only one who didn't get the musk in this one or Tihota. Good to know it's not just me!
    A wonderful review

I detected just a slight amount of musk in it but it was towards the tail end of the scent. I would consider it a clean musk. I think some individuals like yourself might not notice it at all. I think at times I was fooled believing it was the vanilla that I'm smelling and how baking vanilla extract smells like. It took me some time to be convinced that part of the drydown that I was smelling is the musk.

Have you smell Amour Liquide Memoire Liquide? I have a sample of this and this clearly smells like Tihota as well. Notes include vanilla, tonka bean and incense. I only pick up the vanilla from the scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Thanks, N.CAL! No, l haven't tried that one.

Blog Entries

Soma perfume oil:

This is a clean, faintly floral white musk with an airy feel. ln the opening phase, there's a hint of a sheer, not dense amber, along with a very soft lavender note. l don't get the jasmine at all. As it develops over the first couple of hours, l get impressions of a marine accord, & then something mineralic. The projection is good, & five hours in it's still humming along nicely.

l'd say this one is certainly unisex & "office appropriate", but sadly l find it rather bland & uninteresting. lt's probably the most "mainstream" of the fragrances l've tried from this line.

That's all from this round of sampling, but l must say the impressive performance of Cashmere Musk has made me curious to try some of her darker & dirtier musks. l'm looking at Dancing Queen, Oriental Musk & Rasa in particular. l'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts on these?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6