Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
    Dependent

Default A Lab on Fire's newest fragrance is inspired by popular surfing destination, Teahupo‘o

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: A Lab on Fire's newest fragrance is inspired by popular surfing destination, Teahupo‘o

This one sounds interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: A Lab on Fire's newest fragrance is inspired by popular surfing destination, Teahupo‘o

Let's see. The surfing beaches (in San Diego and Sydney) stank big time and did not make me want to touch the water. I'm sure Tahiti will be better.
    I dislike marine perfumes anyway.

cacio

I'm curious and hope to be able to sample this one.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Blog Entries

Great perfumer! I have several of his fragrances, and others are on my wish list. I am almost certain to like this.
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Sounds kind of similar to Pierre Guillaume's Long Courrier, a salty vanilla/caramelic aquatic. Hopefully this is better. Le Guernec hit it out of the park, in my opinion, with his gourmand masterpiece, Paris*LA, so I'm very curious to see how he's handled this.

The 'frangipani' note intrigues me but they probably threw it in to tie with the Tahiti concept. But what is Amber Xtreme? Is that a code word for ambroxan?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    The 'frangipani' note intrigues me but they probably threw it in to tie with the Tahiti concept. But what is Amber Xtreme? Is that a code word for ambroxan?
    Supposedly it's like trisamber (a woody amber) with an extra methyl group.

Click on Amber Xtreme in this link and then click on "Download PDF". Lots of answers and a structure, too.

http://www.iff.com/smell/fragrance-ingredients
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

At just 1% it is very noticeable in Invictus (once you've smelt Amber Xtreme in isolation).

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    At just 1% it is very noticeable in Invictus (once you've smelt Amber Xtreme in isolation).
    Is it what gives Invictus its distinct sweetness, that smell that's like a combination of wood, candy, and a dryer sheet? (I happen to be wearing Invictus on one hand right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Is it what gives Invictus its distinct sweetness, that smell that's like a combination of wood, candy, and a dryer sheet? (I happen to be wearing Invictus on one hand right now).
    To my nose, it's not sweet but dry, woody-ambery. Very strong and diffusive (no surprise, given its name).

+ Reply to Thread