Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Arabian Oud Company

Anyone buy Mukhallats from Arabian Oud? I was given a sample of a perfume oil blend from Arabian Oud. It is incredible. Problem is, the person who gave it to me isn't sure of the name. It looks like "Mukhallat Al Azriya" but nothing comes up on any Google search, or search of their website. It is sharp almost "inky" smelling with I believe Sandalwood. Hard to describe, I'd call it an amber. It is Yellow clear color, not typical dark brown. I went to Arabian Oud website, more than half their blends and ouds are "sold out" are they going out of business or is this typical for them? I really would like to find more of this strange oil. Can anyone put me on the right path?
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 14th June 2017 at 11:25 AM.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Blog Entries

Default Re: Arabian Oud Company

Nobody have experience with Arabian Oud company?
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]

Basenotes Plus

I pop in their store in NYC occasionally. There are a good number of offerings I like, particularly Gentleman Secret EDP, Kalemat EDP (which unfortunately has be reformulated) and the Kalemat Amber and Kalemat Floral oils (both of which are as good as ever).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    I pop in their store in NYC occasionally. There are a good number of offerings I like, particularly Gentleman Secret EDP, Kalemat EDP (which unfortunately has be reformulated) and the Kalemat Amber and Kalemat Floral oils (both of which are as good as ever).
    Thanks for the reply. The world of Middle Eastern Attar/Muhallatt/oils is confusing and there are hundreds of types. It's hard to blind buy even just a 6 ml roll on when there are hundreds out there to try.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The world of Middle Eastern Attar/Muhallatt/oils is confusing and there are hundreds of types. It's hard to blind buy even just a 6 ml roll on when there are hundreds out there to try.
    You might want to call the NY store directly. The staff is friendly and helpful as they can be but, as is the case with SAs generally, they are not expert noses and don't know everything about all their products. Given AO's broad range of offerings, the task is more daunting than usual.

Most of the times names of their products are perplexing so better try before you buy.
    Currently wearing: Good Life by Davidoff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moharram View Post
    Most of the times names of their products are perplexing so better try before you buy.
    Exactly my quandary. There are hundreds of attars, Mukhallats, and oils out there with exotic names and notes. I've tried some by blindly buying the smallest bottle they sell, but almost all fall short. Occasionally I hit on a winner, like this Arabian Oud Mukhallat Al Azryia/Al Azria/whatever it's name is. Unfortunately they come and go out of production so quickly it's nearly impossible to get it if you don't buy it right away. While being inexpensive, these oils often aren't offered in samples. I browsed the website, and even Ebay for a box of samples so I could try many at once, but alas, nothing. I don't mind paying $10 for a small bottle, but if I only like 1/10 it gets expensive. I see I will have to make a trip to NYC if I wan't to try a lot of them.

Basenotes Junkie

I only have Kakemat Black by them and it's amazing!!! Great juice

The price is certainly not $10 for a small bottle, it really starts at $300-400 for 12ml (1 tola), but goes up considerably for pure ouds. In the past at least, they sold stuff starting in 3ml bottles (1/4 tola) with linear pricing.

cacio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The price is certainly not $10 for a small bottle, it really starts at $300-400 for 12ml (1 tola), but goes up considerably for pure ouds. In the past at least, they sold stuff starting in 3ml bottles (1/4 tola) with linear pricing.

cacio
    I know...I was talking about the oils/mukhallats in general. Al Rehab, and many other companies sell 4-6ml roll on bottles of all kinds of fragrance oils for less than $10. Even Arabian Oud company has many 3ml oils for about $12 each including Ghloob, Royal White Musk, Royal Dark Musk, and others. There often doesn't seem to be a definite link between price and likability.

Dependent

I do not recall seeing the name you are looking for. I agree with calling their times square shop in NYC. I bet they can help you locate it.

Also, they are one of the three big perfumers in that region, so I doubt they are going out of business. I do know some of the raw ingredients are harder to come by (eg. Mysore Sandalwood, etc.) which would probably prevent them from making a product that uses those scarce raw materials.

Sorry I could not help out more than this. Good luck on your quest!
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    02. Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    03. Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    04. Baque by Slumberhouse
    05. Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud
    06. Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer
    07. Body Kouros (vintage) by Yves Saint Laurent
    08. Sycomore (EdP) by Chanel
    09. Derby by Guerlain
    10. L'Envol de Cartier EdP by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ezio10 View Post
    I only have Kakemat Black by them and it's amazing!!! Great juice
    Good stuff. In my in-store testing this (aka Sehr Al Kalemat, which is how it is listed in the BN directory) seemed closer to the older (pre-reformulation) version of basic Kalemat. If I were to replenish, this is what I would get.

I remember that I also have AO's Royal Musk Gazelle attar, the duration of which requires Carbon 14 dating.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post

I remember that I also have AO's Royal Musk Gazelle attar, the duration of which requires Carbon 14 dating.

More things to add to my to-smell list. The musk gazelle has me especially interested.

cacio

I was finally in the Arabian oud store. very nice.

Regarding this thread, no oil in the store smelled like Al azerya-all of them seemed to lack the creaminess of sandalwood and saffron. evidently, they keep whatever rare sandalwood they have for the wealthy saudis. A supposed substitute, Al siraj, is not a substitute; a good luminous oud mix on its own, but no sandalwood.

No musk gazelle either. more white musks than dark, to be sure. but at least they still had oud syoufi, my favorite, plus a couple of good ambery mukhallats.

cacio

Blog Entries

I was finally in the Arabian oud store. very nice.

Regarding this thread, no oil in the store smelled like Al azerya-all of them seemed to lack the creaminess of sandalwood and saffron. evidently, they keep whatever rare sandalwood they have for the wealthy saudis. A supposed substitute, Al siraj, is not a substitute; a good luminous oud mix on its own, but no sandalwood.

No musk gazelle either. more white musks than dark, to be sure. but at least they still had oud syoufi, my favorite, plus a couple of good ambery mukhallats.

cacio
    I was afraid of that. Murphy's Law of fragrances: Out of 100 samples you have, the only one you find incredibly irresistible is the only one that is discontinued, hard-to-find, and not being sold on Ebay or in any store.

sadly, a not infrequent occurrence after IFRA and overharvesting.

That said, if you happen in NYC, still worth to check if anything else in the store catches your attention. just don't expect sandalwood.

cacio

Blog Entries

sadly, a not infrequent occurrence after IFRA and overharvesting.

That said, if you happen in NYC, still worth to check if anything else in the store catches your attention. just don't expect sandalwood.

cacio
    My wife and I usually go Christmas shopping in NYC in the autumn, It is on my list of "Must go to" places this year.