Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Summer Fragrances for People Who Hate Summer & Also Summer Fragrances

Must try a few of those. Thanks.
    Last edited by pluran; 11th July 2017 at 11:48 PM.

Default Re: Summer Fragrances for People Who Hate Summer & Also Summer Fragrances

Claire,

This article was epic and beautifully written. Quite a lot of work you put into it. Wonderful!

- David
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni

daviddavid.net

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Thank you, David - your words are very much appreciated. And hi Pluran! Forgive me, I didn't see that you had left a comment until I saw David's comment just now. I switched off all my BN thread notifications early this year. It's always good to see you.
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Basenotes Plus

Excellent! Thank you, Claire. I need to try more of these, living in a summer climate all year.
    * Most drawn to complex florals, chypres and orientals. Collect the best, forget the rest *

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    Excellent! Thank you, Claire. I need to try more of these, living in a summer climate all year.
    Thanks Farang! Not sure I could do even winter in your part of the world.....how on earth do you manage!
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Thank you for yet another great article Claire! Vetiver Blanc is really great in hot weather. Not something I'd normally expect from an attar. Will check out rest of your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by camorr View Post
    Thank you for yet another great article Claire! Vetiver Blanc is really great in hot weather. Not something I'd normally expect from an attar. Will check out rest of your suggestions.
    Thank you, Camorr!
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Fils de Dieu (du Riz et des Agrumes) is my favourite from Etat Libre d'Orange. Quirky enough to be interesting but not so eccentric that you get tired of wearing it.

That was a fantastically evocative description of Manoumalia! I think of it more as wearable art than just a fragrance, and therefore find few occasions to actually wear it. Wear it on the wrong day and it's like being trapped in a dank, rotting florist shop.

One oriental that I find good for summer is Shalimar Light. The dollop of lime that they've added aerates the fragrance enough to make it a great summer scent.
    Completely agree with you on Fils de Dieu (du Riz et des Agrumes) by Etat Libre d'Orange. I just bought it to wear this summer!

+ Reply to Thread