Code of Conduct
    Smellcheck

Default Jubilation XXV -- How long can this go on?

Last night I did a side-by-side comparison of Jubilation XXV (from a decant) and Sycomore, because I thought I had detected some strong similarities in their drydowns (which I was totally wrong about, but that's another story).

I did two sprays per forearm at 6pm. Slept from midnight to 7am. Right now it's noon, I'm getting ready to shower, and while the Sycomore is long gone, I swear the Amouage smells like it was applied maybe 3 or 4 hours ago. I believe this is a record for endurance on my skin. I'm tempted to delay showering just to see how long it will last.

Guys, is this normal longevity for this scent? I own the women's Jubilation, and its endurance is good, but maybe 8-9 hours, nothing like this.

Default Re: Jubilation XXV -- How long can this go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Last night I did a side-by-side comparison of Jubilation XXV (from a decant) and Sycomore, because I thought I had detected some strong similarities in their drydowns (which I was totally wrong about, but that's another story).

I did two sprays per forearm at 6pm. Slept from midnight to 7am. Right now it's noon, I'm getting ready to shower, and while the Sycomore is long gone, I swear the Amouage smells like it was applied maybe 3 or 4 hours ago. I believe this is a record for endurance on my skin. I'm tempted to delay showering just to see how long it will last.

Guys, is this normal longevity for this scent? I own the women's Jubilation, and its endurance is good, but maybe 8-9 hours, nothing like this.

I get pretty good longevity from Jubilation XXV, and your experience is about normal for me on clothing but not my skin. It lasts several days to weeks on my clothing after i wear it. That being said, quite a few number of people claim that it does not perform as well for them after it was allegedly reformulated.

Enjoy.
    Currently wearing: Lilac by Roja Dove

I've sprayed jubilation xxv that's gotten on the back of one of my dress shirt collars, and after putting back in my closet from church (no wash, only wore it an hour and didn't sweat) I continued to smell it there for a couple weeks! Loved opening that closet door!

And yes, on my skin, it also lasts an entire day most of the time

Guys, is this normal longevity for this scent? .
    In my experience yes
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Man by Amouage

Yes, this one goes on and on for sure.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Creed - Royal Oud
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The few times I tried it, it seemed to last forever.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I concur. Jubilation XXV is tiresomely tenacious.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Longevity is stellar for me with Jubilation XXV. One of the best.
    Last edited by Akahina; 19th June 2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typo
    1. Epic Man by Amouage (33 wears)
    2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (31 wears)
    3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (27 wears)
    4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (22 wears)
    5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (20 wears)
    6. Fate Man by Amouage (19 wears)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Jubilation XXV is one of those fragrances that seem to last about 5 hours on my skin, but it actually last much longer. There have been a few times when I thought this gem was gone and got good comments about 8 hours or so on it.

Dependent

Jubilation is one of the strongest performers I have. Ive even taken 2 showers and gone in the pool twice after applying and could still smell it on me.

It's the Ambroxan! It has a half-life of centuries. It started to annoy me so I gave my bottle to my husband, who wears it very well. Mind you, at hour 7, his whole body starts to smell of pool chemicals.
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    It's the Ambroxan! It has a half-life of centuries. It started to annoy me so I gave my bottle to my husband, who wears it very well. Mind you, at hour 7, his whole body starts to smell of pool chemicals.
    Isn't that the same thing that makes Sauvage nuclear?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

I only WISH I got this much mileage out of Jubilation 25 (the women's version)! I love it, but it's gone in nothing flat.

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Jubilation XXV -- How long can this go on?

I like Jubilation XXV for about 3 hours. The top is like Kir Royale. The base is a Cedar, Tobacco Synthetic that is relentless. I reach for the Jubilation 25 more often.

This for the 2014 magnetic cap.
    Last edited by purecaramel; 20th June 2017 at 12:24 AM.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Lasted for week on my shirt
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Jub XXV has Ambrox in it as well? No wonder I am so addicted to this molecule that I keep getting scents that contain it!

Aventus, Sauvage, Jub XXV and I am also picking hints of it in AdG Profumo. I wonder how much more of my wardrobe is made up of it!

It's pretty typical longevity for most Amouages - on me they are all 12 hours plus - except for maybe Reflection and Beloved.

Bracken I found especially resistant to showering. It kept coming back to life on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Figment Man by Amouage

Basenotes Junkie

I briefly had a Vintage Jubilation and it had stellar performance. I sold it because it just wasn't getting much use

Blog Entries

Very strong.
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Isn't that the same thing that makes Sauvage nuclear?
    Yes I think so. I sprayed a test strip with a couple sprays of Sauvage back when I first noticed it in a department store. I left the test strip in the console of my car, and the whole car smelled like Dior Sauvage. For weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I've sprayed jubilation xxv that's gotten on the back of one of my dress shirt collars, and after putting back in my closet from church (no wash, only wore it an hour and didn't sweat) I continued to smell it there for a couple weeks! Loved opening that closet door!

And yes, on my skin, it also lasts an entire day most of the time
    Cheetah - how's the FrangranceNet Jubilation bottle doing? Did it open up at all? Have the exact same bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante7 View Post
    Cheetah - how's the FrangranceNet Jubilation bottle doing? Did it open up at all? Have the exact same bottle.
    So, that new bottle from Fragrancenet is still basically smelling the same for me it still has that sharp slightly "weird" opening that is so hard for me to describe. Fortunately it mostly goes away after an hour or so. Still very different so far for me than the older stuff. I was kinda thinking it may be something to do with the shipping/heat/trucks etc. but I'm starting to think it's just the way it's gonna be. Still lasts on me forever though! I wore it today just because I wanted to test its "durability", and put it on before 6+ hours of yard work in 90 degree weather sweating like crazy! And I swear, something about this stuff just amps up when put to the test. It smelled almost better then when I put it on!!

Also, the shirt in the closet had dabs of my old splash bottle stuff (vintage, years ago)! So I misspoke when I said "sprayed" before.

Curious how yours is doing DV7?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    So, that new bottle from Fragrancenet is still basically smelling the same for me it still has that sharp slightly "weird" opening that is so hard for me to describe. Fortunately it mostly goes away after an hour or so. Still very different so far for me than the older stuff. I was kinda thinking it may be something to do with the shipping/heat/trucks etc. but I'm starting to think it's just the way it's gonna be. Still lasts on me forever though! I wore it today just because I wanted to test its "durability", and put it on before 6+ hours of yard work in 90 degree weather sweating like crazy! And I swear, something about this stuff just amps up when put to the test. It smelled almost better then when I put it on!!

Also, the shirt in the closet had dabs of my old splash bottle stuff (vintage, years ago)! So I misspoke when I said "sprayed" before.

Curious how yours is doing DV7?!?
    Don't have too much basis of comparison with the old bottle other than a couple tries in a store. The bottle from frangancenet starts off very well - seems well balanced between the fruit and incense. However that only seems to last about 45 mins until it dries down to that dried tobacco scent with little hints of the fruit. It doesn't seem to project much after this, and longevity is about 5 hours. I know this one is a bit deceiving and lasts/projects longer than you think, but nevertheless I'm okay to go 4-5 sprays with this one. Tried the older bottle a couple time in a store at Tysons Corner in Northern VA. Fruitier and more opulent overall. Basically a clearer more articulate smelling version of the newer bottle. Did the comparison on my skin of the old vs new, and while the old did have a fruitier and slightly stronger vibe (which I really liked from this) it didn't last much longer than that from my bottle. Overall the newer formulation seems exactly how most describe it, pretty good but slightly watered down. It's still a gorgeous bottle and it arrived in pristine condition. Other than the opening I'm a bit underwhelmed so far, but will still give this a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante7 View Post
    Don't have too much basis of comparison with the old bottle other than a couple tries in a store. The bottle from frangancenet starts off very well - seems well balanced between the fruit and incense. However that only seems to last about 45 mins until it dries down to that dried tobacco scent with little hints of the fruit. It doesn't seem to project much after this, and longevity is about 5 hours. I know this one is a bit deceiving and lasts/projects longer than you think, but nevertheless I'm okay to go 4-5 sprays with this one. Tried the older bottle a couple time in a store at Tysons Corner in Northern VA. Fruitier and more opulent overall. Basically a clearer more articulate smelling version of the newer bottle. Did the comparison on my skin of the old vs new, and while the old did have a fruitier and slightly stronger vibe (which I really liked from this) it didn't last much longer than that from my bottle. Overall the newer formulation seems exactly how most describe it, pretty good but slightly watered down. It's still a gorgeous bottle and it arrived in pristine condition. Other than the opening I'm a bit underwhelmed so far, but will still give this a chance.
    I agree with the bottle, box, and overall presentation---really nice! I need to find a vintage bottle somewhere. I need that fruity, honeyed, smooth scent with the perfect type of smoky drydown! This newer version is overall still enjoyable enough for now though, and the price was affordable!

Its longevity is good. Its projection not.
    Last edited by Beck; 24th June 2017 at 08:17 AM.

it still has that sharp slightly "weird" opening that is so hard for me to describe.
    I'll try, is it like a watery bath-soap aroma? It's very noticeable when smelling the sprayer. Have done comparisons of the older stuff and newer a few times. Think the main difference is the older bottle (at least the one I sampled that had white cap) is heavier with the fruit. The newer has that said soapy aroma in the opening that is a bit sharp. Both old and new last the same amount of time. Did get a compliment the other day, an hour after I sprayed, from someone who was 10 feet away, so it is doing something right. Also, this thing is noticeable on clothes days later indeed.
    Edit: That opening scent I describe is just part of the overall composition but not the predominant scent... not too dissimilar from the smokiness in Aventus accompanying the pineapple in the opening.
    Last edited by DiscoVolante7; 18th July 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Huh.