Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Note di Colonia - i, ii, & iii

I was in Neiman's the other day and was surprised to discover they have not just 1 new AdP scent but a whopping 5! In addition to Ebano & Mirra which have their own threads I believe, there's 3 new iterations on the Colonia theme. At first smell, I liked iii the best but all smelled rather good. Obviously, need more time on them to properly assess.

Anybody tried these yet?

http://www.acquadiparma.com/en/note-di-colonia/
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Note di Colonia - i, ii, & iii

Thanks for the heads up on the Nieman Marcus availability. Must remember to try these the next time I'm there.Premiere Avenue in France has had the new trio Note di Colonia - I, II, & III for a while now.
    Last edited by hednic; 19th June 2017 at 08:27 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

User of Toilet Water

Did you note the prices? They've been out for a while and I recall they were inspired by operas and have ridiculous price tags. Would love to try them though.

Thank you for the info. It's nice to hear that these are now stateside! Hopefully they make their way to my neck of the woods
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

At Premiere Avenue they're $322 US at current exchange for 150ml after VAT is suppressed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Smelled these at the Italian showcase in Disney's Epcot last week. I thought they all smelled very nice but wasn't inspired to pay full retail, even with Disney's amazing sales tactics. I'd like to smell them again though and get to know them better. But in the brief time I had with them I thought they were very well done and felt sophisticated/quality. Once I have more time with them I'll give proper feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I'm all for new fragrance releases. But there is something's about ADP that rubs me the wrong way. They made their bones on the simple but wonderful Colonia - arguably their best fragrance - and have been exploding with a rash of $350 fragrances at a frantic pace.

Maybe it's just me. But I still feel the "humble" Colonia and Assoluta are their best (and cheapest) fragrances. And perhaps they have morphed from humble Italian niche into mass market conglomerate profiteers.

Maybe I'm just naive. Or maybe just in denial, as I miss my old, humble ADP from long ago.

Basenotes Junkie

I smelled all 3. I really enjoyed them

Quote Originally Posted by ezio10 View Post
    I smelled all 3. I really enjoyed them
    Did you smell these three at Nieman Marcus also?

Blog Entries

Only Colonia I've tried is Colonia Club...Almost boring except the mint note saves it. Nice fragrance.
    [SIZE=]See my Sale thread for partial bottles/samples Zoology, Penhaligon, Montale, marc de la morandiere, many others! [/SIZE]
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed